Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2015, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by These Broken Stars (View Post)
Ah yes, she is like 27 and he is like 22/23. But in the books? Isn't she a bit more older than that?
No it's the same age in the books.
It's hard to believe in the beginning that she's around the same age as me. She seems so much mature. But then again I think up to our generation they were pretty mature in their 20s.

And back then men in their early 20s are mature too. You forget that they are in their early 20s. Now a days most men that age are really immature and just want to party and have fun.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh okay. Yeah, I agree. She is much more mature than people that age in these times. I feel during that era they had to grow up a lot faster than now. Maybe that has something to do with it.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

True.

and where it was still common and accepted to get married young and start a family. Where now, it's pretty much looked down on until your late 20s.

April
Old 07-12-2015, 10:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah. I'm not sure about books either. But of course it depends on the story, the characters and the plot. If done right then the ages might not matter.
Agreed
icon: rebel hearts
Rebel Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk On You (View Post)
True.

and where it was still common and accepted to get married young and start a family. Where now, it's pretty much looked down on until your late 20s.
That's true. Nowadays, people would only get married young if get pregnant, I feel. I think late 20's/early 30's in a good age to do those things. You're much more mature and ready for those life changing things.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That's true. Nowadays, people would only get married young if get pregnant, I feel. I think late 20's/early 30's in a good age to do those things. You're much more mature and ready for those life changing things.
Not necessary. I know plenty of people who got married young without being pregnant. The whole problem is they don't treat marriage seriously. And they are getting married too fast with barely knowing the person. My grandparents went into marriage knowing/thinking this is for life. Where people now a days go into marriage thinking/knowing they can always get a divorce if it doesn't work out. And a rough spot/or fights instead of working it out and trying to solve it they immediately turn to divorce.

April
Old 07-14-2015, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, you're right. I shouldn't have made a generalisation like that.

Divorce isn't cheap these days, so if people want one, then I feel they should be dead set that they have done all they can do to repair whatever is wrong. Or, of course its a betrayal kind of situation. I know not all situations are repairable.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Although I can tell it's hard work getting married so young. Just because you change so much. Not saying that you can't be in love that young or know what love is, but between 14-19 I was in love about 3 different times or at least I thought I was in love. Which that happens at all ages falling out of love. It doesn't mean either one did something wrong. It just what happens sometimes.

Getting married or even staying in a relationship because/for a child that's just wrong. It hurts you and the child. I knew a girl at this time her son was 3. She was still with the father. She did love him. But he wasn't good for her. He was an ass, abusive, and cheated on her. But she even told me that they only stayed together because she got pregnant. Which I think she got pregnant not long after dating him.

Now I feel like this is rare. Not that my sister and her fiance stayed together because of the kids, but they fought so hard to stay together because of the kids. She said she has no clue if they would still be together if it wasn't for the kids. Especially early on they had a lot of rough patches.

April
Old 07-15-2015, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's very true, between those ages growing up, life does change you as you find and love different things. I can't say I've ever been in love, so I couldn't say.

I definitely agree that staying with someone because you have a child is wrong. Its better for children for their parents not to stay together. It doesn't mean they don't love the child, children, but I think it'd be much happier beings separate if you're not happy. Because if the parents arent happy, children are able to pick up on that and it doesn't pose as a happy childhood.

I think going through rough patches is okay as long as they are willing to work through them and work things out because it's what they want, and there is still love there. If there isn't any sort of love, then no point in staying together just because you may have children.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Getting over a breakup gives you insight too.

I have one where I realize I was in love with the lies. I was very naive. Deep down I knew something wasn't right and he was cheating and lying. But I do know I did love the imagine he gave me. Because at one point even if it broke my heart I knew I just wanted him to be happy.

Also there's times where you are just comfortable in a relationship, it's convenient. And you don't realize it until after the breakup.

I've heard people pretty much saying there's no point in a relationship or it's not the right one if it isn't always passionate. I disagree. Different people love differently. If that makes sense. It depends on the personality of the person. As we see in fiction the more passionate couples usually have the most dysfunctional relationships and it's not always good.

April
Old 07-16-2015, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with all your points Not all relationship will be, nor do they have to be in the same context with one another. Different people come in your life for different reasons no matter how it may turn out. I think in the end, even if it ends badly, you can come away from it with a lesson learned, or a new experience which would help you within your life.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

I'm currently reading a book where the two main characters have an 8 year age difference. She's 23 and he's 31. At first I wasn't too sure about it but I'm half way through the book and I don't even think about their ages while I'm reading I don't know, maybe it's because of how they interact with each other, it doesn't seem like they have an age difference
Old 07-16-2015, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

See I'm ok with that. It's a double standard, but I feel like the guy should be older or at least the same age.

I'm pretty conservative and old fashion.

April
Old 07-16-2015, 12:53 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I guess I feel that way too. I mean I'm okay if a girl is the older one if it's a reasonable difference. Maybe like 4 years max
Old 07-16-2015, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And also like I mention before it really depends on each situation. And where each person is at in their life.

My aunt's bf is a lot younger than her.

And I have another aunt and uncle that I believe she is 10 years older.

April
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top