Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2006, 01:24 PM
Absolute Fan

Children's Literature Discussion #1

Hey Everyone!

This is the place to talk about children's literature. You can talk about new books like the Harry Potter series or classics, such as Charlotte's Web, Peter Pan, A Little Princess, The Hobbit and so on.

Right now, I'm reading the children's book Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis. I'm only half way through, but I am enjoying it.

LiveJournal
Old 05-04-2006, 03:28 AM
Loyal Fan

I loved Enid Blyton when I was growing up. The Magic Faraway Tree, The Naughtiest Girl in the School etc. I think they are probably sightly old fashioned now, but at the time, all I wanted to do was go away to boarding school it sounded like so much fun.
I also loved Judy Blume (ahh Forever), and read some of the Sweet Valley High books I think
Old 05-04-2006, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star21
I loved Enid Blyton when I was growing up. The Magic Faraway Tree, The Naughtiest Girl in the School etc. I think they are probably sightly old fashioned now, but at the time, all I wanted to do was go away to boarding school it sounded like so much fun.
I also loved Judy Blume (ahh Forever), and read some of the Sweet Valley High books I think
I also enjoyed reading Enid Blyton, also I read R. L. Stines Fearstreet bokks!
Old 05-04-2006, 09:19 AM
Supreme Fan

I read a lot of RL Stine but most of what I read was Little House in the Prarie by Laura Wilder and Little Women by Louisa May Alcot and then Jo's Boys and Little Men and then I moved on to the Young Jedi Night books and the Everworld books and settled with those before graduating to "adult" reading. But I always go back each year and read a few of the books I read when I was younger.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Absolute Fan

Oh I remember my RL Stine and Sweet Valley High Days. I still love reading children's and young adult books, especially after I've read a couple of serious adult books back to back. It's a nice breather.

LiveJournal
Old 05-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy
Oh I remember my RL Stine and Sweet Valley High Days. I still love reading children's and young adult books, especially after I've read a couple of serious adult books back to back. It's a nice breather.
awe i loved SVH and Babysitters club i'd love to get my paws on them again relive the good ol days
Old 05-04-2006, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

I really miss my Baby-sitters club books. I loved that they took place in Connecticut, where I live. It always made me feel special. I also remember reading the Little House books and think I'll pick them up to read to my 4 year old daughter because we watch the TV show, and the books are so colorfully descriptive that you feel like you are there.
I loved Sweet Valley Twins and High. I used to read both.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Have just remembered Anne of Green Gables - loved those too
I also read the Little women series - how could I forget? Truely, lovely stories.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:40 PM
Master Fan

Forgot about Anne of Green Gables. I remember my Dad brought me that for Easter one year. Books were my favorite presents because I never got tired of reading.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

What about fairy stories? Did you read them as child??
Old 05-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Loyal Fan

I have a hazy recollection of the Flower Fairies, but other wise, no, I don't think so.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:22 PM
Master Fan

I rememer reading a lot of Greek myths and Aesop's Fables. I found them fascinating as a child
Old 05-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Supreme Fan

I had this giant, illustrated book of Fairy Tales and I loved it. Almost every night I would have my mom read one of those and then when I hit about three and started reading I would look at them over and over again. I remember one about a baby that I used to read all the time. I've just gotten into mythology very recently however.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:37 PM
Absolute Fan

I use to read a lot of Caroline B Cooney novels. (That's her name right?) I would read everything by her, including Face on the Milk Carton.

LiveJournal
Old 05-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

^ That was an excellent book!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread