Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2020, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the first 3 books. Wasn't too impressed with the sequels.

April
Old 04-13-2020, 07:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah, I feel like the book was so good, but after that, it went downhill..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 04-13-2020, 07:46 AM
Addicted Fan

First image from the new Dune movie

Old 04-13-2020, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's gonna be movies

Clearly the first 3 were the best but I didn't mind the spinoff as much as others.
Old 04-14-2020, 05:11 PM
Moderator Support Team

That one was from the book?!?!

is that what you want?

Old 04-22-2020, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Stories of Light and Dark’ cover revealed

Quote:
From StarWars.com:

“Armor up for a Star Wars: The Clone Wars experience like no other.

Along with This Week! In Star Wars, StarWars.com is excited to reveal the cover of Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Stories of Light and Dark, a new anthology coming August 25. The collection features 11 stories by 11 authors — Lou Anders, Preeti Chhibber, Zoraida Córdova, Jason Fry, Rebecca Roanhorse, Greg Van Eekhout, Tom Angleberger, E. Anne Convery, Sarah Beth Durst, Yoon Ha Lee, and Anne Ursu — including 10 retellings of memorable episodes and arcs and one original Nightsisters-based story. In addition, Stories of Light and Dark will also feature beautiful watercolor renditions of Clone Wars characters by Ksenia Zelentsova. Check out Zelentsova’s clone-tastic cover below!

Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Stories of Light and Dark arrives August 25 and is available for pre-order now.“
Old 04-22-2020, 02:47 PM
Master Fan

Stephen King has a new release!

Summary:

From #1 New York Times bestselling author, legendary storyteller, and master of short fiction Stephen King comes an extraordinary collection of four new and compelling novellas—Mr. Harrigan’s Phone, The Life of Chuck, Rat, and the title story If It Bleeds—each pulling readers into intriguing and frightening places.

A collection of four uniquely wonderful long stories, including a stand-alone sequel to the No. 1 bestseller The Outsider.

News people have a saying: 'If it bleeds, it leads'. And a bomb at Albert Macready Middle School is guaranteed to lead any bulletin.

Holly Gibney of the Finders Keepers detective agency is working on the case of a missing dog - and on her own need to be more assertive - when she sees the footage on TV. But when she tunes in again, to the late-night report, she realizes there is something not quite right about the correspondent who was first on the scene. So begins 'If It Bleeds' , a stand-alone sequel to the No. 1 bestselling The Outsider featuring the incomparable Holly on her first solo case - and also the riveting title story in Stephen King's brilliant new collection.

Dancing alongside are three more wonderful long stories from this 'formidably versatile author' (The Sunday Times) - 'Mr Harrigan's Phone', 'The Life of Chuck' and 'Rat' . All four display the richness of King's storytelling with grace, humor, horror and breathtaking suspense. A fascinating Author's Note gives us a wonderful insight into the origin of each story and the writer's unparalleled imagination.

The novella is a form King has returned to over and over again in the course of his amazing career, and many have been made into iconic films, If It Bleeds is a uniquely satisfying collection of longer short fiction by an incomparably gifted writer.

Info from goodreads.com
Old 04-23-2020, 07:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for that..

is that what you want?

Old 05-02-2020, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Star Wars: Queen’s Shadow novel is available as free download

Quote:
From StarWars.com:

"Now this is worthy of thunderous applause.

In celebration of Star Wars Day, E.K. Johnston’s Queen’s Shadow will be available as free download from May 1 – 8. In the novel, Padmé Amidala, now a senator of Naboo, navigates the treacherous politics of the Galactic Senate and forges a new identity — beyond the queen’s shadow. Queen’s Shadow will be the subject of an upcoming installment of The Star Wars Show Book Club, and you can get your eBook copy right now at DisneyBooks.com.

“I’m so excited that we’re making Queen’s Shadow accessible as a free eBook, and that it will be a part of The Star Wars Show Book Club!” Johnston tells StarWars.com. “I love sharing this story, and this is a great chance for all of us to read (or reread!) it together.”

And there’s more good news for those passionate about Padmé: Johnston’s prequel, Queen’s Peril, arrives this summer and is available for pre-order now.

“I met Padmé two decades ago when I was a kid, and I admired her so much,” Johnston says. “Now that I’m older than she ever got to be, I think I admire her even more. She fought against unstoppable forces, and she never gave up on what she believed in. Sometimes she held on too tightly, but she always knew what she stood for, and that never stops being incredible.” [...]"
Old 05-03-2020, 08:34 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for that!

is that what you want?

Old 05-03-2020, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the latest!
Old 05-04-2020, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

Old 05-04-2020, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

I read it's out in August. Think we'll me ok by then to have midnight release parties or will we still be social distancing?
Old 05-04-2020, 06:05 PM
Moderator Support Team

I don't think that they would have people social as long it still be social-distancing since they want to continue like that until next year..

is that what you want?

Old 05-04-2020, 06:49 PM
Master Fan

Yes, it's officially set for an August 4th release!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread