Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2023, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

SHADOW OF NIGHT read along ch 13-15

“Philippe boomed from the minstrels’ gallery when we returned. He was wearing a splendid set of antlers atop his head, making him look like a bizarre combination of lion and stag.”

SHADOW OF NIGHT read along ch 16-18

“Ah, yes. The Countess of Pembroke,” George said, eyes gleaming at the prospect of patronage.
“Absolutely not.” Between Raleigh, Chapman, and Marlowe, I’d met enough literary legends to last me a lifetime. The countess was the foremost woman of letters in the country, and Sir Philip Sidney’s sister. “I’m not ready for Mary Sidney.”

Golden leaves against the wall - overlooking the gardens at St John’s

A golden view of the Radcliffe Camera - with the Hertford magnolia sporting matching autumnal leaves.
Old 11-25-2023, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ah, they're doing the read-a-long again. If you take part in it every year basically the whole fall becomes a re-read of this series.
Old 11-26-2023, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I did it once, but don't have the time now.
It is hard to be on other people's schedule
Old 11-26-2023, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Fictional characters schedules.

A frosty sunrise gilding the Meadow Building yesterday morning - to a perfect autumnal gold.
Old 11-28-2023, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So pretty.
Old 11-28-2023, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

SHADOW OF NIGHT read along ch 19-21

“I cupped the miniature in my hand, tilting it this way and that. Matthew was painted as he looked at home when he was working late at night in his study off the bedroom. His shirt open at the neck and trimmed with lace, he met the viewer’s gaze with a lift of his right eyebrow in a familiar combination of seriousness and mocking humor. Black hair was swept back from his forehead in its typically disordered fashion, and the long fingers of his left hand held a locket. It was a surprisingly frank and erotic image for the time.”

Looks like a picturesque time to visit.

A lamp framed by the last of the golden-leaved wisteria - in the Main Quad at Worcester.

The last of the leaves on the Jesus College chestnut tree - it really feels like the seasons are turning into winter now.
Old 11-29-2023, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Pretty leaves changing
Old 12-01-2023, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oooh giving away clues.
Old 12-01-2023, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

SHADOW OF NIGHT read along ch 25-27

“No one goes into battle without proper armor,” Mary said with her characteristic blend of airiness and tartness. “And Her Majesty, may God preserve her, is a formidable opponent. You will require all the protection my wardrobe can afford.”

The Bodleian tree has been lit in the Old Schools Quadrangle - the festive season has begun.
Old 12-02-2023, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The lights on that tree look sparse.
Old 12-03-2023, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oooh it looks like a bunch of fairies are in the tree.