Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2021, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
. I understand being upset about it being omitted. But also, there is no time. Maybe if they spilt book 2 into 2 seasons with 22 episodes each.
That is the only way it could've worked.

You did really well at the quiz
Old 03-16-2021, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks!

Quote:
The University Church of St Mary the Virgin framed by the Japanese quince flowers over the railings.

Quote:
Another instant classic line compliments of the phenomenal ADOW writer’s room — and a scene incredibly pulled off by pros Trevor Eve and Owen Teale.

We delight in these off-page scenes...especially when it brings a deliciously sinister picture of our story baddies in focus.

And btw, Gerbert has officially made Fetch happen.
Old 03-17-2021, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The church with the flowers is gorgeous.

Those two men look like twins.
Old 03-17-2021, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
. ’ ...with our All Souls version of a four leaf clover May you find a bit of luck today and every day!
Dreaming of what the Season 3 TV tie-in cover may look like...

Quote:
"Thank you for everything. Good-bye, nephew."
2, 10

Body language speaks volumes, and whether this is the wonderful chemistry between Matthew Goode and Steven Cree or the deep affinity Matthew de Clermont and Gallowglass have for each other — or both — they are in perfect harmony. Their mirrored movements and reactions say it all.

Quote:
A Discovery of Witches Season 1 filming on set in Wales at “the Bishop House”

Quote:
The All Souls College lawn offering up sunray vibes - overseen by the twin towers and a grey March sky.

Quote:
Through the gateway to a sun-drenched Weston Library - a grey morning turned into a glorious afternoon.
Old 03-18-2021, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Gotta get that book cover before the publisher changes it to the dreaded show tie-in.

Gorgeous Oxford
Old 03-18-2021, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Gotta get that book cover before the publisher changes it to the dreaded show tie-in.

Gorgeous Oxford
Old 03-20-2021, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have that cover.

Quote:
The windows and stonework above the doorway to the Divinity School - creating a beautiful mosaic-like reflection of the Sheldonian Theatre behind me.

Quote:
A still surprisingly quiet Radcliffe Square - hopefully there will be more bustle soon.

Quote:
So pleased to see the magnolia buds on the tree by Hertford College about to flower very soon.

Quote:
Kudos to the stellar FX work that Axis Studios did on A Discovery of Witches Season 2. Through their superb expertise and execution, we all were fully able to be immersed in the Elizabethan London and more!

KUDOS to Axis Studios!

Repost @axisstudiosgroup: We were thrilled to partner up with Bad Wolf and Sky Studios, for Season 2 of Sky’s immensely popular drama @adiscoveryofwitchestv.

Our Bristol-based VFX team charted London's bygone layout using period street maps and illustrations and modern terrain data to recreate a historically accurate CG Elizabethan London, which acts as the dramatic landscape of the hit series. The team then created Maya and @sidefxhoudini, pipelines that could automatically populate assets—such as people, buildings, courtyards, carts, boats, foliage and fauna—across the cityscape, rivers, and wharves.

Find out more about how we created the show through the link in @axisstudiosgroup bio.
Old 03-21-2021, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I would like to be in Oxford right now
Old 03-21-2021, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would love to take another, longer tour.

Quote:
he beautiful rich red of the Japanese quince caught my eye yesterday as it framed the blue door of Freud in Jericho - hopefully the cafe-bar will be able later in the year.

Quote:
A patch of blue sky appeared at the end of our walk - the view along the Thames through the framework of the Osney Bridge with the wonderfully named Twenty Pound Meadow allotments to the left.

Quote:
Amen!
It’s been crazy busy (in the best way possible) around Daemon headquarters. A Discovery of Witches Season 2 may have ended, but the Witches Watch Party is not over by a long shot! Stay tuned to see what else we have in store to help ease the Witchdrawals...
Old 03-22-2021, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I would love to take another, longer tour.
Maybe best to go on your own and not with a tour.

Great photographer's eye on both those photos.
Old 03-22-2021, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Maybe best to go on your own and not with a tour.

Great photographer's eye on both those photos.
I think so. And for a whole day. Maybe 2, stay overnight somewhere.

Indeed.

Quote:
The willow is coming into leaf over the view of the little bridge on Mesopotamia Walk - the fresh new greens of springtime are always lovely to see.
Old 03-23-2021, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Maybe 2, stay overnight somewhere.

ooooh nice.

beautiful willow. Reminds me of Pocahontas.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

It would be nice.

Aww Grandmother Willow.

Quote:
Close up details of the reflected Sheldonian Theatre in the Divinity School windows.

Quote:
The long view along New College Lane to the Bridge of Sighs - a lovely cloudy blue afternoon.

Quote:
A Discovery of Witches Season 1 Flashback

The chemistry behind Matthew and Marcus

When we had the pleasure of chatting with Deb Harkness at All Souls Con in 2017, she said that the two who play our favorite vampire father-son duo are very much “Mutt and Jeff” off screen too. She recalled that Matthew Goode and Edward Bluemel would walk on set together, but Matthew would walk ahead, and Ed would be trailing behind looking through his phone, singing a song, etc. Just as you’d picture Matthew and Marcus in Season 1...

Quote:
Don’t miss Teresa Palmer and Sarah Wright Olsen on the Kelly Clarkson Show today (March 23) where they chat about motherhood, their new book + more with Kelly! Bravo, Ladies

We’re looking forward to any A Discovery of Witches talk too — as Kelly has been a longtime fan of the trilogy. And as you can see from the bottom right photo, the series has “supported” her (Grammy) right back!

Check out more details about Teresa and Sarah’s guest spot below

Repost • @teresapalmer So excited for you all to see @swrightolsen and I on the @kellyclarksonshow tomorrow [March 23] for #BossLadyHour! We’re talking all about our book ‘The Zen Mama Guide to Finding Your Rhythm In Pregnancy Birth and Beyond’ (which comes out in the US soon and is available for pre-order now!) It was so special to talk to @kellyclarkson about motherhood and she truly is the best. I also chat all things @adiscoveryofwitchestv completely chuffed to hear that Kelly is a fan of the show!! Makeup by @melaniemakeup hair by @hairbyjohnd dress by @shopdoen

Come check it out @yourzenmama

Kelly Clarkson Show 2021 (Teresa Palmer/Sarah Wright Olsen), Kelly Clarkson Grammy (CBS Sunday Morning 2016)

Quote:
Teresa Palmer on breaking it to her mom about the title of the show she was going to star in... ADOW

And to be fair, “daemons” CAN BE tough to explain

Repost • @kellyclarksonshow "I didn't even tell her about the demons" Who else is watching #ADiscoveryofWitches with their mama?!⁠

For more with @teresapalmer and @swrightolsen on their new book "The Zen Mama: Guide To Finding Your Rhythm In Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond" go to @kellyclarksonshow bio.
Old 03-24-2021, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The window reflection is cool.

Didn't know Teresa grew up Catholic. I assume her mom hated Harry Potter too.
Old 03-24-2021, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like those photos.

I had no idea either! I would guess so.

Quote:
Another of my favourite magnolia trees is about to bloom - the little Holywell Manor garden with its windowed wall looked lovely in the afternoon sun yesterday.

Quote:
All Souls College and the edge of the Radcliffe Camera across the Square - reflected in the windows of Brasenose College

Quote:
Teresa behind-the-scenes, getting costumed as Diana, complete with baby bump for A Discovery of Witches Season 3

Congrats again to Teresa and Mark on their own real life addition to their family - coming soon!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top