Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Can't wait to see it. Still don't get why Aynsley is there. Other than because she's bffs with Amber.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

A Greek fan has organized a live chat for the series finale tomorrow. It's starting at 5PM Eastern and running all the way through March 14th, so you can chat about the finale before it happens, and whenever you're watching it. Here's the link to the Facebook event:

GREEK Finale ONLINE Live Chat Viewing Party!
Old 03-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Awesome! Thanks for all the news, guys.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wonderful article

'Greek' series finale: Why we'll miss the sweet-snarky-fun college dramedy | PopWatch | EW.com

Quote:
greek-finaleImage Credit: Karen Neal/ABCGreek ended its absolutely delightful four-season run on ABC Family last night on a truly bittersweet note: not only because [SPOILER ALERT!!!] the KT house was demolished to bits, but also because it marked the demise of a show that was way better than it had any right to be. What looked like a shallow guilty pleasure at first glance — a light drama about fraternities and sororities — turned out to be a brave, fresh, witty take on college life. Whether you were in the Greek system or abhorred anyone who ever wore arcane letters on a sweatshirt, you couldn’t help but fall in love with these kids. So as a final ode to our Greek brethren — along with this Q&A with Greek creator Patrick Sean Smith — we give you five reasons we’ll miss this show:

1. The characters … and the actors who played them. This was Greek‘s greatest legacy. We couldn’t help relating to, caring about, and pining for the multi-faceted characters — there wasn’t a single cliché in the bunch. That’s because the writing was great, and the young, previously undiscovered actors were up to the challenge. So we have no doubt that the likes of Spencer Grammer, Scott Michael Foster, and Dilshad Vadsaria will be on our TV screens for years to come. Clark Duke already rocked in Hot Tub Time Machine (yeah, we saw it; deal with it) and Kick Ass. And our collective EW office crush, Amber Stevens, already landed a role in Fox’s drama pilot, Weekends at Bellevue. We’ll raise a red cup to long and happy careers for the whole cast.

2. Its new take on college life. There’s an odd lack of shows about this age group, especially given that things are so interesting at that time in life. There’s sex, there’s drama, there’s drinking, there’s comedy. Nothing’s too serious yet, but everything feels super-dramatic. You can still act a little like a kid, but you’re trying desperately to grow up and make all the right decisions. Greek got all that, capturing the angst of Felicity and the free-spirited fun of ’80s college movies like The Sure Thing. As Cappie said (during that whole Gamma Psi accidental fire drama): “I know it may seem like the biggest deal in the world right now, but it was an accident. And some day it will just be a really good story.” College, in one pithy quote.

3. The pop-culture references. They were hard to keep track of, there were so many (one of our faves: the ZBZ patterning of their cover-up of the Gamma Psi fire after Criminal Minds and Scrubs plots). Just a few one-liners to remember … Cappie: “Happy Spring Break Evan Pompeo… of Grey’s Anatomy fame.” Casey: “Yesterday, Ash wanted to know why I have this smile, and I couldn’t think of an excuse, so I told her I was thinking about the rise and fall of Mischa Barton.”

4. The sensitive, nuanced, not-too-much-and-not-too-little portrayal of gay relationships. We love you, Calvin.

5. The mutual and public love affair between Greek and EW. See: EW’s multi-episode guest-cameo arc as Engineering Weekly. See also: Our extensive and drooly blogging on Greek. We’ll miss you, Greek! And we like to think you’ll miss us, too.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Such a great article!

Old 03-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the starlight (View Post)
Such a great article!
Isnt it? It catches the essence of this show PERFECTLY & its actors I LOVED every word of it

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/popwra...tt612lxWtvC9DL

Quote:
After four years, seventy-four episodes and innumerable bags of Cheesaritos, ABC Family's "Greek" is finally taking that long walk across TV's finale stage tonight at 9pm and shifting its tassel from right to left.

It's a beautiful send-off to the show millions of us have come to love ... some more than our actual college experiences. Sure, Syracuse was fine, but our campus had nothing on CRU, our bars had nothing on Dobblers and if our Greek system was anything like theirs, I might have actually pledged instead of avoiding them like Natalie at last call.

Fans will undoubtedly have their favorite episodes (mine are"The Rusty Nail," "Let's Make a Deal," "Friend or Foe" and "All About Beav" ... for starters) but I thought the best way to celebrate the end of this era would be to ask the lovely ladies of ZBZ to share their single episode with PopWrap!

Dilshad Vadsaria:
"It’s difficult to pick out my absolute favorite, because I have more than one. Maybe if I had to pick one, it would be the when Rebecca competes for the Greek Blue Ribbon ["Take Me Out"]. Audiences definitely saw the softer, more vulnerable side to her and that was very important to me. Then again, she did just tell Natalie that she’s burned down her house once and would do it again… how can you not absolutely love that?!

Amber Stevens:
“My favorite episode was 'Friend or Foe,' our season 3 mid-season finale. The ZBZ girls compete in Songfest, Rusty and Dale have a battle of the bots and ZBZ burns down the Gamma Psi house, oops! It's just hilarious! I have such fond memories shooting this episode. The girls had 3 days of rehearsal for the dance and Olesya [Rulin] and I got to record our Greek version of 'Good Girls Go Bad,' 'ZBZ Girls Go Bad.' We had so much fun, and still to this day whenever we hear that song come on we all try to perform what we can remember of that dance!”

Spencer Grammer:
"I have to say the pilot was my favorite episode. Casey had such a reversal from the first moment you meet her with Rusty to the scene with Evan explaining how they were "even." Casey was, and continued to be, a powerful and independent woman. The pool table scene was just so much fun to shoot, and turned out very sexy.
I loved the Beaver episode & that Amber brought up Oleysa & that centered episode One of my favorites too!

Last edited by *PassionateJ*; 03-11-2011 at 10:41 PM
Old 03-12-2011, 01:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm with Spencer; I'm a sucker for the pilot. <3

Old 04-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

There's a new campaign going on Facebook and Twitter in support of a Greek movie, and it's gotten almost 600 fans in about 4 days. From what I can tell, it's something ABC Family knows about and may consider based on fan response. It's probably a long-shot, but it's worth a try!

Here are the links to the FB fan page and Twitter account:

GreekTheMovie on Facebook
GreekTheMovie on Twitter
Old 04-17-2011, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmm. I don't know about that. It was just such a perfect finale, but it's great that fans are rallying.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm not on FB but I'm following them over on Twitter. Even though I loved the Finale I kind of like the idea of a movie, I'd love it to be based on when Ashleigh says in the Finale "We'll see you guys for Christmas." I'd kinda love to see something along the lines of that, I think it would be cute.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Sorry to double post but just thought I'd mention Tiffany Dupont (Frannie) will be on The Big Bang Theory this Thursday!
Old 05-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

No problem!

She can be seen in the promo for the episode here: Big Bang Theory "The Wildebeest Implementation" Promo