Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-08-2011, 07:07 AM
Loyal Fan

I couldn't go to sleep after the finale. It was so well-written, and I think of the shows I've seen where I was disappointed with the finales (Lost, I'm looking at you.) Or shows that had NO finales like (I'm actually watching this on Youtube), the Jeffersons!

When I read Patrick's interview and the time and thought taken for the finale, I think about how As The World Turns ended last year, with a miserable thud. Their producers and writers just.stopped.caring. Even their actors complained.

It didn't occur to me that when Caspie kissed at Dobbler's in front of Evan, it was the parallel to the pilot's first Dobbler's scene.

yes, some of us saw the tacked on ending with Dana and the graduation up on abcmedianet. It was AWFUL! Just the idea that Caspie broke up that final eppy and to see that mess! I think the president Paul Lee was a true fan and couldn't let that happen!
Old 03-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit78 (View Post)
It didn't occur to me that when Caspie kissed at Dobbler's in front of Evan, it was the parallel to the pilot's first Dobbler's scene.
It occurred to me right away, because I remember feeling so sorry for Cappie, and this time around, I felt bad for Evan. =/ Jake looked so hot when they left and he looked after them, though. Ahem.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
say what? um, in my book, ash is the won who lucked out! seriously. not that ash isn't just as worthy, which hello, equality and all, but still. rusty is a worthy person, period. always has been! <3
I'm taking that to mean, like in his eyes. Because after he gave her the plack, when he and Calvin were talking, he was starting to say he was stupid for thinking he could ever be with a girl like Ashleigh, but then saw the stuff on the site about the ~oil.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I still can't with your combo, Brit. Such love. <3
Old 03-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Last Greek episode i am going to start a rerun from season 1 starting tmw! <3

Rusty: Jacob just blew me away, him starting to cry in the Cappie/Rusty scene the night before the the protest, his face when they started to tear down the house. OMG
- The Casey/Rusty scenes ... amazing, from the bickering in the KT house to the stairwell scene and the iLY in the end. And aww the Cartwrights breaking the bottletank and the tv lol
- Loved the Rusty/Cappie moment
- Rusty/Ash was adorbs.
- Wished we could have gotten a nice Rusty/Dale scene, but wtv.
Casey: Aw I felt for her, it was kinda obvious she would choose the KT's in the end.
- Loved loved loved the Casey/Bex hug
- Casey telling Ashley to go for Rusty was amazing, and especially them being in their old room
Cappie:
- He graduated yay! the speech was kinda cheesy but idgaf, it was fitting with the episode.
- Also happy that he wasn't mad at Casey for helping the university in the beginning
+ Loved Evan in the episode, Jake was super!adorable IDKW
+ I was satisfied with the Evan/Bex ending
+ WADE WAS BACK! AND JEN K <3 AND BETSSYYY
+ The KT's, Dale, Bex and Ash made me aww when they broke into the office
+ Lulz Dale finally got to kiss Casey YAY!
+ i was shocked that they actually destroyed the house, but i am glad they did...it felt real. But yes i teared up.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliina (View Post)
+ Loved Evan in the episode, Jake was super!adorable IDKW[/SIZE]
Wasn't he, though? I love Jake. <3
Old 03-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by same old story (View Post)
I'm taking that to mean, like in his eyes. Because after he gave her the plack, when he and Calvin were talking, he was starting to say he was stupid for thinking he could ever be with a girl like Ashleigh, but then saw the stuff on the site about the ~oil.
his whole demeanor about being a nerd and blahblahblah bothered me this ep, ngl. i feel like when rusty challenged cappie about being kt's president earlier this season, even though why he was doing it bugged me, that was proof he was evolving beyond self deprecation. i mean, who is to say what would have become of rusty without kt, to which i can appreciate his love of it, yet he's so much more than what he gives himself credit for being, you know? of course we got him finally realizing this and confident in his actions at the end of the ep, but still.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I think he definitely gained confidence, but he tied that confidence solely to KT. So, that's why he feared the end of KT so much. Of course, like you said, that's why realizing that a house is just a house and it's what you make of it was so important. I totally understood his fleeting insecurity, though. That's only human.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andra (View Post)
"please be a sweetie and wipe the seatie."

I couldn't belive it at first when I saw it was Tom Lenk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadiceous (View Post)
When Forever Young started playing in the background, I completely broke down.
So it was Forever Young...
I only know the original from Alphaville, so I wasn't sure.

YouTube - Alphaville - Forever Young ~Official Video
Old 03-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by woken and broken (View Post)
his whole demeanor about being a nerd and blahblahblah bothered me this ep, ngl. i feel like when rusty challenged cappie about being kt's president earlier this season, even though why he was doing it bugged me, that was proof he was evolving beyond self deprecation. i mean, who is to say what would have become of rusty without kt, to which i can appreciate his love of it, yet he's so much more than what he gives himself credit for being, you know? of course we got him finally realizing this and confident in his actions at the end of the ep, but still.
Yeah, I did think it was kinda a one dimensional thing, but I think it was definitely something he would have thought. He's connected KT to his growth and everything, so I think it was understandable that he'd be having that ~crisis with the house getting ruined. But I'm glad they had Casey tell him otherwise. I wasn't too thrilled by them basically saying the ~old Rusty is gone, and that he had to change, etc. But I think it was more about how Rusty was kinda unhappy with himself before, and stuff, so for him, it was a good thing he changed. If any of that makes sense.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Loyal Fan

when someone watch extra scenes, could you please describe it for us?

Casey: Maybe it is fate.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The first extra scene deals with Rusty being the substitute president. Just a fun, light scene. Everyone thinks something's happened to Cappie. Beaver thinks Cappie is dead and asks if he's "with Timmy."

The second is Evan/Cappie, like we knew. Calvin says that the "legal adviser, Evan" got the KTs a new house. It's a really sweet scene. Evan says they bought it from the Lambda Sigs and evicted them. Cappie asks if he's joking and Evan says maybe. "Well, if you are joking - and I'm going to pretend like you are - that's the first funny thing you've ever said." <3 And Cappie thanks him.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh Greek, I am probably still in denail that it's over. Seriously, no. Just no! I love this show a lot. I miss it so much already!

The finale was perfect in every single way. So much love! I'll write a detailed review on my pov on the finale later, but till then, does anyone know where I can watch the deleted scenes? I've been dying for Evan/Cappie scenes, and this one looks like a great scene of these two.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 03-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sally! I'm sure the extra scenes will pop up online sometime in the future, but if you don't want to wait, you can buy the episode on iTunes for $2.99, or rent it for $1, and it has the scenes.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aw, that looks cute! Evan's face! It would have been nice to have that scene/hug, but I'm kinda glad they left it out, just because knowing the KTs got a new house already would have lessened the impact of the house getting destroyed and then Rusty's speech after, for me.

Last edited by same old story; 03-08-2011 at 02:27 PM