Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Graphics Team Manager

June 2011: 1x02 Dummy

What are your thoughts about this episode?
Favourite scene?
Least favourite scene?
Favourite quote?
Least favourite quote?
Favorite character(s) this episode?
Least favorite character(s) this episode?
Questions and speculations?
Any other comments?
Rate this episode on a scale of 1 to 5

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Master Fan

I swear I keep meaning to catch up with this
Old 06-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrypie (View Post)
I swear I keep meaning to catch up with this
Me too . Although I did watch the first episode, I just kept forgetting to come and reply to this thread.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I rewatched with my family last night

Honestly? this was the second time watching and I liked it more than my first time watching but I still felt like it wasnt a good follow up to the amazing pilot, it was too ... random and weird and nothing made sense the first time around

Favourite scene? Im gonna say Olive singing Hopelessly devoted to you cause of some of the camerawork there

Least favourite scene? Umm ... dunno

Favourite quote? theres loads but the one I remember right now is: you wanna marry secrets and have little half human, half secret babies with it
oh and also the one where Ned keeps saying nt, nt, cant

Least favourite quote? once again Im not good at picking least favourites

Favorite character(s) this episode? Olive, she had the best scenes

Least favorite character(s) this episode? the murderer guy?

Questions and speculations? I think I posted them all first time I watched the episode

Any other comments? Umm no? just that its not my most favourite episode ever

Rate this episode on a scale of 1 to 5 3? I said not best episode ever but its still better than a lot of the other stuff on tv

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 06-18-2011, 05:08 AM
Master Fan

^I share some of your thoughts about this episode I'll watch it as soon as I get my laptop back and give my full thoughts
Old 07-01-2011, 02:57 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Ok, now even I'm forgetting about this , I never rewatched Dummy... Might watch both it & The Fun in Funeral tonight

July 2011: 1x03 The Fun in Funeral

Favourite scene?
Least favourite scene?
Favourite quote?
Least favourite quote?
Favorite character(s) this episode?
Least favorite character(s) this episode?
Questions and speculations?
Any other comments?
Rate this episode on a scale of 1 to 5

Chelle » join GTmy art

Last edited by shinebrighterxx; 07-01-2011 at 06:39 PM
Old 07-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

Me neither I didn't bring my dvds here so hopefully I'll find some stream
Old 07-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Aww , hopefully then... Never did watch either episode last night then
& just saw I didn't change the month in that post, now fixed it

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-08-2011, 07:32 AM
Master Fan

I'll try to watch 1x02, 1x03 and 1x04 today If I can find a site to watch them that is
Old 08-23-2011, 12:12 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I have now declared August catch up month, especially since I never changed the episode for this month

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-23-2011, 01:34 AM
Master Fan

Good idea, I should try to catch up too
Old 08-24-2011, 12:19 AM
Elite Fan

Catching up done, so now to post my thoughts on the first three episodes .

Pie-Lette

What are your thoughts about this episode? While I like how it gives the back story, as well as shows how Chuck comes into (or back into) Ned’s life, I feel that the episode is lacking something which the rest have. It is different. But it is a good first episode. It does make me want to keep watching and know more.

Favourite scene? Ned and Olive in Olive’s apartment when Ned comes to get Digby. I love it when she is asking him about being touched and touching things, then when she goes to get Digby’s leash and comes back and says ‘here’s your leash’.

Least favourite scene? The first dead guy who got bitten by the dog, I do not like the look of him. So I go with the scenes showing his face.

Favourite quote? “I suppose dying is good as excuse as any to start living.” - Chuck

Least favourite quote? “Do you have any last words, or thoughts, or requests?” - Chuck

Favorite character(s) this episode? Emerson.

Least favourite character(s) this episode? Dee Dee.

Questions and speculations? I wish I knew why Olive never questions why Ned has a dog when he says he is allergic. If someone who had a dog told me they were allergic so could not actually touch them, I would question why they actually had a dog then. Also is Ned Jewish? As if Chuck is, and Ned mother and Chuck's father's funerals were at the same time, I would say that he would be too. Otherwise it makes no sense for the two funerals to be at the same time. Unless Chuck was raised Jewish, even though her father was not.

Any other comments? Everyone seems to die in the first few minutes of this. I am sitting here watching this and thinking that it is actually kind of sad since there are all these things dying. So much happens in the start of this episode, I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

Rate this episode on a scale of 1 to 5 3.5. Not the best episode, although a good introduction, the start goes on for a bit. Also the things I mentioned in the above question are why I only gave the episode a 3.5.

Dummy

What are your thoughts about this episode? Different to the first episode, I quite enjoy this one. I like how we are only two episodes in, and already we have heard Olive/Kristin sing.

Favourite scene? Olive singing.

Least favourite scene? Olive’s thoughts about what Chuck and Ned could be up to.

Favourite quote? The narrator’s introduction to Olive singing.

Least favourite quote? When Emerson tells Olive the truth and says that Ned digs Chuck in a way he does not dig Olive.

Favourite character(s) this episode? Olive. She may be minor, but she got to sing in it, and if she had not been out walking Ned, Chuck, and Emerson may not have survived.

Least favourite character(s) this episode? The killer person.

Questions and speculations? That is Anna’s voice doing the commercial for the car correct? I just noticed it sounds like her.

Any other comments? No.

Rate this episode on a scale of 1 to 5 4. I would give it a five if Olive was in it more .

The Fun In Funeral

What are your thoughts about this episode? Winnie the Pooh and Sleeping Beauty references . I love that. The episode is good. One of my favourites. I like that they addressed the consequences of Ned’s actions when he chose to keep Chuck alive, instead of just ignoring the fact that he killed someone in the process.

Favourite scene? When Emerson gets stuck and Chuck compares him to Winnie The Pooh.

Least favourite scene? I liked the episode, I would not say that I have one.

Favourite quote? The storm/weather discussion between Ned and Chuck, which then leads in to say that Olive is also a storm brewing in the pie hole.

Least favourite quote? “I’m going to see if I’ve got some plastic wrap.” - Ned. Surprise kisses are much more fun than actually telling someone you are going to kiss them. Especially when if he does not have any, then he is saying he will kiss her but then not being able to do it. I am thinking too much about one little line, which is why I do not like it .

Favourite character(s) this episode? Olive and Emerson. They both had great lines.

Least favourite character(s) this episode? The twin brothers. Stealing from the dead is wrong.

Rate this episode on a scale of 1 to 5 5.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:51 AM
Graphics Team Manager

1x02 Dummy

What are your thoughts about this episode? An interesting storyline, & fun episode

Favourite scene? Digby & Olive dancing, then when Digby licks away her tears.

Least favourite scene? The way they show that Olive felt she might as well be on the other side of the universe now that Chuck was in Ned’s life, & he would never notice Olive in the way she wanted. It is strange.

Favourite quote? Chuck: I gave the security guard a hug, my upper body distracted him while these things I call hands took this off his belt.

Least favourite quote? I don’t know that I can pick one...

Favourite character(s) this episode? Chuck?

Least favourite character(s) this episode? Mark Chase

Questions and speculations? Nope. I will answer Aurora’s though & say yes I’m pretty sure it is Anna using her actual British accent for the commercial

Any other comments? I want Chuck’s dress

Rate this episode on a scale of 1 to 5 4

1x03 The Fun In Funeral

What are your thoughts about this episode? Love the episode, I agree it’s good that they addressed how Ned killed someone to keep Chuck alive

Favourite scene? Ned & Chuck plastic wrap kiss. Also when Ned saves Chuck.

Least favourite scene? I don’t know... When Olive dismisses Alfredo & his homeopathic antidepressants?

Favourite quote? Ned: Everything we do is a choice. Oatmeal or cereal. Highway or side streets. Kiss her, keep her. We make choices & we live with the consequences. If someone gets hurt along the way we ask for forgiveness. It’s the best anyone can do.

Least favourite quote? I’m never good at this...

Favourite character(s) this episode? Emerson

Least favourite character(s) this episode? Lawrence Schatz & Louis Schatz

Any other comments? nope, it’s a good episode

Rate this episode on a scale of 1 to 5 5

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-30-2011, 11:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheali (View Post)
Questions and speculations? Nope. I will answer Aurora’s though & say yes I’m pretty sure it is Anna using her actual British accent for the commercial

Any other comments? I want Chuck’s dress
TY . I thought it sounded like it could have been her . You can only have Chuck's dress if I can have Reba's dress in her music video for If I Were A Boy .
Old 08-30-2011, 11:35 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Well that's no fun

Chelle » join GTmy art