Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Elite Fan

I'm glad she is promoting it like crazy!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 01-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Elite Fan

It is wonderful .

I do not believe the Chelsea Lately interview is available on YouTube for people outside the US .

Some more pictures from ABC’s Winter TCA Tour;

From the ABC Disney Winter Party;

There are more here, however you need an account to view them on that site . There is a total of 23 from the Winter TCA Tour and 35 from the Winter Party.

Last edited by room to breathe; 01-12-2012 at 08:49 PM
Old 01-13-2012, 01:41 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for the pictures & the link Aurora . I might go through both galleries & make up an image with all of them so we can all see them a little later (they'll be small, but if anyone wants to see the bigger pictures they can just register to that site )

I'm not a fan of that white dress, but I like her makeup in the ones from the ABC Disney Winter Party. That sleeve looks like it's as big as her . I like the look & colour of her shoes though (here is a closer picture of them), but the heels are a bit too big for my liking - at least they are the wedge type of heel, but still

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-13-2012, 08:31 AM
Elite Fan

Being so small, I am sure heels are her best friends.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 01-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah I'm sure they are too. I'm only a little taller than her though, & I still wouldn't want to wear them , but I guess you'd get used to them if you wore them all the time like she seems to do

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-16-2012, 01:23 AM
Elite Fan

I am sure they are too .

Chelle - that would be cool if you could do that, as even small pictures are better than nothing .

Also, I agree about the make-up being pretty .
Old 01-16-2012, 08:14 AM
Elite Fan

I just can't balance on heels so I wouldn't wear them at all and I'm not tall either.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 01-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Well somehow I managed to balance in heels on a boat, but I'd still say I wouldn't be good at balancing in heels for too long.

I still haven't looked at doing those images . That can be a job for later though.

If anyone is interested, a request thread for GCB has been started. You can find it here

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-17-2012, 08:06 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new GCB thread. I can't wear heels for beans..I always fall.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 01-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Aww. Maybe you need to start with small heels, gain practice, & work your way up to taller heels?
Quote:
Kristin Chenoweth and More Set to Co-Host LIVE! With Kelly 1/23-27

A talented and diverse group of women will join Kelly Ripa as guest co-hosts on "LIVE! with Kelly" the week of January 23-27, 2012.

January 25, 2012 - Broadway and TV star Kristin Chenoweth joins Kelly, and their guests will be actor Alan Cumming and actress Emmy Rossum.

Source
Quote:
ABC TCA Talk Leslie Bibb, Marisol Nichols, Kristin Chenoweth, more preview 'GCB'

GCB may not fully bring back the primetime soap opera to ABC (because, really, with Desperate Housewives living on the network for the past almost-decade, that genre hasn't been missing), but it may just revitalize it. Based on a book of the same name written by a woman who creator Robert Harling called the "real deal," GCB will explore a very specific pocket of Southern culture in a funny but still poignant way.

The show, and the women on it, may be larger than life at times, but Harling is not out to poke fun at or disrespect any specific way of thinking. In fact, he is from the South, and so in the grand scheme of "write what you know," Harling feels he couldn't write anything but this Dallas-set world.

Kristin Chenoweth is Carlene Cockburn, a deeply, devoutly Christian woman now who revels in her social status and uses it to be the Queen Bee, the new mean girl in town. She is the kind of character who just says whatever she's thinking, unabashedly.

Full Article - Tells a little about the show, & a bit about the female characters
Quote:
ABC Scoop: "GCB" Banks On The Gays

One new entry that looks destined to take over for the ladies of Wisteria Lane is GCB (formerly called Good Christian Bitches). During the panel with cast and producers, AfterElton grabbed the chance to ask a question of series creator Robert Harling, who wrote a little play/movie called Steel Magnolias.

AfterElton.com: The show has what I would call a fabulous gay sensibility. (laughter.) Can you talk about that a little bit and the fact that [there are] closeted husbands in the mix? Can you talk about that being a part of the show? (Mark Deklin, who was not in attendance, plays gay hubby Blake Reilly)
Robert Harling: Oh, gosh, that's a good one. I think what we've tried to do is create a world…I mean, everyone says write about what you know. I know this world very, very well. What's always been fascinating to me in particular is there's a dynamic in Dallas, there's a dynamic in New Orleans, where these really great guys fall in love with their old childhood sweethearts, they marry, and they have this wonderful life together and sometimes there's extracurricular activities. I've always been fascinated by that dynamic. As far as this show goes, and everyone will tell you I'm always loathe to giveaway plot and storylines, but we love complicated, interesting characters. Nobody wants to watch normal. I think I'm normal. Nobody wants to watch me on TV.

Leslie Bibb (Amanda): You're not normal. (laughter.)

RH: So it's a starting point for our particular character. I know you were mentioning the Blake and Cricket relationship. It's a fascinating point to start. And stay tuned and it's going to go through all sorts of…it's going to go through a lot.

Kristin Chenoweth (Carlene): There's one in every church. (laughter)

Later that night at the ABC party, Annie Potts (Gigi) and her GCB co-star Marisol Nichols (Heather Cruz) predicted that the new series will have no problem attracting one audience – the gay one. “It’s a smorgasbord for gay icons...we can go for sweet young things, old, sassy…we’re kind of banking on it.” In the pilot, Potts’ character hoists a rifle, which the former Designing Women star said comes from a story about her mother, who knew Harling. “Bobby is like a sponge so if we have a great story or anecdote he’ll take it and use it for anybody. ‘That happened to me but give it to her!’” Nichols added that she’s still wow’d by the great amount of craziness the show “There are several instances when we read the script and we were like ‘What? This happens all in the same episode?!’”

Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Elite Fan

Well, I wish Kristen lots of luck with this new show! Sounds exciting.

As for heels, I have heel spurs from my martial arts days so my feet hurt without any support. The heels itself is not very good support!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 01-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Graphics Team Manager

It does sound exciting, & will be great to have a new thing for one of the cast .

Ah. Fair enough then.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you for sharing the articles Chelle . It is sounding interesting, but I still only will be watching because Kristin is in it .
Quote:
Kristin Chenoweth is Carlene Cockburn, a deeply, devoutly Christian woman now who revels in her social status and uses it to be the Queen Bee, the new mean girl in town. She is the kind of character who just says whatever she's thinking, unabashedly.
I like the sounds of her character, that is probably a good thing at least.

Somehow I doubt she will do much for her album now, like tour as she said somewhere she wanted to do .
Old 01-18-2012, 07:49 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That is a good thing if you ask me

I'd forgotten about that. That's a good point. But she may still do something, just when she isn't filming. Also maybe she'll get asked back to host the ACAs at the end of the year

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Elite Fan

I guess, maybe. I will just wait and see what happens I guess .