Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Kristin Chenoweth/Olive Snook #7: Because we wish we could put her in our pocket so we could always have her with us

Welcome to the 7th Kristin Chenoweth/Olive Snook Appreciation Thread

• Kristin has been nominated for a People's Choice Award for Favorite TV Guest Star for her role as April Rhodes on Glee. Click here to vote!
• Chenoweth will star as Carlene Cockburn in the new ABC drama series, Good Christian Belles, alongside Leslie Bibb, David James Elliott, and Annie Potts. GCB will premiere on ABC on March 4, 2012!
• Kristin will appear on "Chelsea Lately" on E! Entertainment on Tuesday, January 10

Kristin Chenoweth effortlessly transitions between stage, television and film with the captivating grace that only she can project.

Kristin can be seen starring in the ABC series Pushing Daisies, where she was recently nominated for an Emmy® Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series. This one-hour series is an unprecedented blend of romance, crime procedural, and high-concept fantasy in a forensic fairytale about a young man with a very special gift. Pushing Daisies was nominated for a Golden Globe® Award and Emmy® Award for Best Television Series – Musical or Comedy.

Kristin’s Christmas album, A Lovely Way to Spend Christmas, was just released this October. She has written an uplifting, candid chronicle of her life which will be released by Simon & Schuster in spring 2009. She will next be seen in the Warner Bros. film Four Christmases, in November. The film revolves around a newly married couple who decide to visit their families for the Christmas holiday. Kristin also can be heard as the voice of the fairy, Rosetta, in Walt Disney Picture’s Tinkerbell this fall. She wrapped filming the independent film, Into Temptation, directed by Sundance filmmaker Patrick Coyle, opposite Jeremy Sisto.

This past summer Kristin starred alongside Cheryl Hines and Jeff Daniels in the animated film Space Chimps for Twentieth Century Fox.

She starred in Stairway to Paradise, an original Encores! production celebrating the great Broadway revue. Commemorating the centennial anniversary of the first Ziegfeld Follies, Kristin concluded New York City Center’s 2007 season with beloved Broadway numbers from the early twentieth century.

Kristin was seen in the season finale of ABC’s hit comedy Ugly Betty. She played an orthodontic technician who loves romantic comedies and becomes overly involved in her patients’ lives – including Betty’s (America Ferrera).

Chenoweth starred in the critically successful and highly lauded limited-engagement of The Apple Tree at Roundabout Theatre Company’s Studio 54. She also had the honor of playing a sold out solo concert at the famed Metropolitan Opera House.

Many remember her show-stealing, Tony®-winning performance in You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown and her triumphant star turn when she originated the role of Glinda the Good Witch in Wicked, which earned her a Tony Award® nomination. Chenoweth also performed in the Broadway comedy Epic Proportions and in the Kander and Ebb musical Steel Pier, for which she won a Theatre World award. Chenoweth also performed in an Off-Broadway production of Moliere’s Scapin for the Roundabout Theatre Company.

Television fans know her as Annabeth Schott on The West Wing, the librarian, Marian Paroo, in ABC’s movie version of Meredith Wilson’s The Music Man, and Lily St. Regis in the television adaptation of Annie. Kristin also starred in her own series Kristin for NBC.

Moviegoers have seen her in Deck the Halls with Danny DeVito and Matthew Broderick, RV with Robin Williams, Bewitched with Nicole Kidman, Running with Scissors with Annette Bening, and The Pink Panther with Steve Martin. Her film credits also include a cameo in Stranger Than Fiction with Emma Thompson. Kristin is currently developing a feature film based on the life of Dusty Springfield.

A veteran of the concert scene, Kristin took the stage in a solo sold-out concert at Carnegie Hall in 2004 and continues to tour the country. She performed her solo concert at Sam Mendes’s acclaimed Donmar Warehouse as part of the Divas at Donmar series. The show received glowing reviews. Following her show in London, Chenoweth has had numerous collaborations with various symphonies, including The New York Philharmonic, Boston Pops, National Symphony Orchestra, Chicago Symphony and the San Francisco Symphony. One of her proudest accomplishments was having the privilege to perform Bernstein’s Candide at Lincoln Center with The New York Philharmonic. Other performances include her sold-out Los Angeles solo debut at the Walt Disney Concert Hall, an evening at The Greek Theatre in Los Angeles, and the Washington National Opera’s 50th Anniversary Gala with Placido Domingo. She is scheduled to have her Metropolitan Opera debut in March 2010 as Samira in John Corigliano’s The Ghost of Versailles.

In addition to her recent Christmas album, she has released two albums entitled, Let Yourself Go and As I Am.

Kristin Chenoweth's "Blender" photo shoot 2005 as Dusty Springfield.

1. - Linn -
2. lala000
3. Moonie
4. Jazz
5. Katiegg108
6. sohoblue123
7. strawberrypie
8. Melanie Garcia
9. Shahan
10. vicious_boy
11. *MaryMgo*
12. _virgo_
13. Cheali
14. BriarღRose
15. BreanBamonFan
16. hlgreenie
17. the_aprilpie
18. You.Yes.Youღ
19. roadtime
20. Moki
21. alexis bledel the best
22. Kelly2790

Taylor, The Latte Boy
The Girl In 14G
A Spoonful Of Sugar (2001 Julie Andrews tribute)
Glitter And Be Gay
A Girl Like Me
The Girl In 14G (Rosie)
Do You Hear What I Hear
Jerome Kern Medley
Make Belive - Duet w/ Placido DOmingo
I Want Somebody (Official Music Video)
Lessons Learned (Official Music Video)

Kristin has done many things on stage, here are some of her famous roles.

• Nurse/Waitress, A New Brain (1998)
• Sally Brown, You're A Good Man Charlie Brown (1999, Tony Award Winner)
• Louise, Epic Proportions (1999)
• Daisy/Melinda, On A Clear Day You Can See Forever @ City Center Encores (2002)
• Galinda/Glinda, Original Cast of "Wicked" @ Broadway (2003-2004)
• Eve/Barbara/Ella/Passionella, The Apple Tree @ City Center Encores (2005)
• Eve/Barbara/Ella/Passionella, The Apple Tree @ Broadway (2006-2007)
• Leading female cast member, Stairway To Heaven @ Broadway (2007)
• Opera Diva, Music In The Air @ City Center Encores (2009)
• Fran Kubelik, Promises, Promises @ Broadway (2010-2011)

YAGMCB: "My New Philosophy"
Wicked: "Popular"
Wicked: "For Good"
Candide: "Glitter And Be Gay"
Boston Pops Highlights
The Apple Tree: "Gorgeous"
Tonys 1999 Acceptance Speech
Drama Desk Questionaire

You can see/might have seen Kristin in these movies.
• Annie (Lily St Regis)
• The Music Man (Marian Paroo)
• Bewitched (Maria Kelly)
• Pink Panther (Cherie)
• Running With Scissors (Fern Stewart)
• Stranger Than Fiction (Darlene Sunshine)
• RV: Runaway Vacation (Mary-Jo Gornicke)
• Deck The Halls (Tia Hall)
• Tinkerbell (voice, Rosetta)
• Four Christmases (Courtney)
• Into Temptation (Linda Solerno)
• Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure (voice, Rosetta)
• You Again (Georgia)
• Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue (voice, Rosetta)
• Tinker Bell and the Mysterious Winter Woods (voice, Rosetta, unreleased)
• Family Weekend (unreleased)

Running With Scissors
Stranger Than Fiction pt 1
Stranger Than Fiction pt 2

You can see/might have seen Kristin in these TV shows.
• Kristin (Kristin Yancey, 2000-2001)
• Fraisier (Portia Sanders, 1 episode, 2001)
• Sesame Street (Ms Noodle, 2003, 2006)
• The West Wing (Annabeth Schott, 2004-2006)
• Ugly Betty (Diane, 1 episode, 2007)
• Pushing Daisies (Olive Snook, 2007-2009)
• Sit Down, Shut Up (voice, Miracle Grohe, 2009)
• Legally Mad (Skippy Pylon, fall 2009)
• Glee (April Rhodes, 2009-2011)
• Good Christian Belles (Starts March 4th, 2012)

YouTube - Kristin Chenoweth on "The View" July 17, '07
YouTube - CBS Sunday Morning Kristin Chenoweth 12-21-08-YouTube
YouTube - Kristin on Letterman, 4/15/2005
YouTube - Kristin Chenoweth on The Ellen Show
YouTube - Kristin Chenoweth on Jimmy Kimmel Live 10-28-08
YouTube - Kristin Chenoweth on Jimmy Kimmel Live 8/28/08
YouTube - Kristin Chenoweth on "Martha" Feb 21, '07 (Part 1)
YouTube - Kristin Chenoweth on "Martha" Feb 21, '07 (Part 2)
YouTube - Kristin Chenoweth at CMA Fest June 2011

Said By Her

"Dead puppies, dead puppies, dead puppies."

"Breathe from your hoo-hoo!"

"If I'm not pure, at least my jewels are!"

"I am from the South. The higher the hair, the closer to heaven."

"I used to want to be tall, and then I thought, 'If I were tall, then people would say I was pretty and not cute.' And then I realized that there are worse things than being called cute. They could say I was a bitch, which would be terrible in my book. So I've decided that this height ain't so bad."

"If you can learn to love yourself and all the flaws, you can love other people so much better. And that makes you so happy."

"I am a Christian and I don't want there to be any confusion about what I believe or who I am. I don't believe gay people are going to hell. I believe that judgment is left to the one upstairs and I believe Jesus is all about love. If I can live my life even just a smidgen the way God made his Son for us as an example I'm happy. I do not judge other people for what they believe but for me this is what works."

“Someone like me, with my height, my look, the sound of my voice, it's been great to play someone who's smart... She's one of the smartest people in the room, and the writers are writing for that.”

“Reese said she was really sad she didn't get to see me do Wicked . All of our friends say we are the other.”

"I was a spiritual kid."

"I've never changed my clothes so fast in my life."

"I'm a very controversial figure in the Christian world. I don't believe if you're gay or you have a drink or you dance, you're going to hell. I don't think that's the kind of God we have. The Pat Robertsons and Jerry Falwells of the world are scary. I want to be a Christian like Christ - loving and accepting of other people."

"When I was promoting "As I Am" last year, I went on "The 700 Club" (1966). I wasn't thinking about what it represents. I guess I was living in a little bit of a bubble, and I was surprised that it upset so many people. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't go, because I don't agree with that anti-gay stuff. I don't understand what the big deal is with gay marriage. Get over it, people. What if it was a sin to be short? Well, I guess it is in the Miss Oklahoma pageant."

"I said O.K. I was happy to give him that gift. And I watch every week because I'm supportive of Aaron; whether we're together or not, I love him always. I think it's a genius show. But...it is weird when I see her behaving in ways that are different from me. I'm really not that judgmental girl. But you have to let artists go where they go" - in The New York Times describing how she gave Aaron Sorkin permission to create the "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" (2006) character "Harriet Hayes", based on her."

"Yes, my days of subways are over! Type that tonight on ilovetheater.com. 'Kristin says she doesn't take a cab anymore!' sdfkjaldkjflskfjdlfjds SEND!"

"Oh wait, I forgot I don't audition anymore. Ohohoho! I'm kidding I'm kidding! Again... she says she doesn't have to audition. SEND!"

"I don't do plays. I'm kidding! Again, I've done two on Broadway. She said she didn't do plays. SEND!"

"Meanwhile, co-star Kristin Chenoweth's SUV has been covered in toilet paper by her admirer and former employer, West Wing producer Aaron Sorkin. "He told me it's a tradition dating back to silent-movie times, that boys who are sweet on girls toilet-paper their cars," she says. (Her publicist Friday declined comment on the status of their on-again, off-again relationship.)"

Said About Her

''There is so much more than meets the eye,'' Mr. Wong said. ''I think because of the way she looks, people think A, she's dumb, and B, she doesn't know what she's doing up there. But it's not a coincidence what's happening. She's a smart, smart performer.'' - B.D. Wong (Charlie Brown, co-star)

"I had seen [Kristin] in so many unusual situations in Hollywood that make her not only a minority, but a bit of a pariah," Sorkin said. "I want [Harriet] to be a heroine on this show, and I want her to be loved by a guy who is the opposite of all that and let that be the test case to see if we can all get along."

"Aaron and I are both very, very interested in religion, both the best of it and the worst of it. Both of us practice it, but in different ways. His interest is far more personalized. He's an agnostic Jew who had a romantic relationship with a devout Christian woman, Kristin Chenoweth." (Quick digression here. Kristin Chenoweth is a bubbly Broadway performer and Christian recording artist who played media consultant Annabeth Schott on The West Wing, and she actually did go on The 700 Club to promote an album, causing heated friction within the relationship.) "So a lot of the material in the show is autobiographical. There was a lot of conflict in that relationship involving religion. He was always asking himself the question, 'How do I deal with being in love with a person like this?'" When Sorkin bounced the idea off Schlamme—a major character, the love interest of Matthew Perry, as a practicing Christian in a world of agnostics like himself—Schlamme had a "bingo" moment. "I was enormously excited about it. A character who's religious, but not wearing her religion on her sleeve, yet very tied to her religion. We wanted someone sexy, attractive, funny, smart, talented, but then she has this spiritual side that's unrelated to the TV show." Some of the exchanges between Matt and Harriet are taken directly from Sorkin's life. For example, Chenoweth and Sorkin were having an argument and she once said, "Aaron, unless you want to accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior, get the hell out." Sorkin burst into laughter and continued to laugh for two minutes. In the series, the Harriet character uses the line on one of the writers who is badgering her: "Until you either write something funny, or accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior, then you can get the hell away from me." - Tommy Schlamme

Future Thread Titles

Because she's our Itty-Bitty too
Because there is no other Itty-Bitty
Because Itty Bitty makes us enjoy every day, not just the rainy ones
Because Itty Bitty's a junior P.I. and majorly awesome.
"Because she may not be pure, but she's certainly purely talented." (bad bad bad)
"Because she's our boundlessly energetic, 4'11, superbly talented dynamo."
"Because inch for inch, she's the country's most vibrant entertainer."
Because she is cute-as-a-button and we love her!
Because Kristin is "the southern spitfire with the golden voice"

Chelle » join GTmy art

Last edited by shinebrighterxx; 02-09-2012 at 11:56 PM
Old 12-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT!
Old 12-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Bringing this over from the last thread;

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky_chick (View Post)
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but GCB is scheduled to premiere on March 4, 2012

Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheali (View Post)
Kristin Chenoweth: American Country Awards!

Kristin Chenoweth hits the stage at the American Country Awards, held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Monday (December 5) in Las Vegas.

The Good Christian Belles actress, who hit the red carpet in an emerald bustier dress by Honor and showed off a padded booty onstage, co-hosted the event with Trace Adkins!

Backstage during the show, Kristin met up with Carrie Underwood. “I love my fellow Oklahoma girl,” Kristin tweeted.

Source + 15 pictures

Kristin's parts from the ACA's;

Here is a behind the scenes video from when Kristin was on Ellen last week;

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

Tftnt
Old 12-15-2011, 12:59 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I just want to mention that GCB is in the Mid-Season Television Poll if anyone wants to go vote for it

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Master Fan

Done I didn't realize we could have checked more than one shows
Old 12-19-2011, 08:54 AM
Elite Fan

Wow, great opening! She is so itty bitty and so cute. I enjoyed her in Glee as well.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 12-20-2011, 03:03 AM
Master Fan

She was the reason I watched Glee and now I wish she'd go back to it. Looking forward to Good Christian Belles though, I'll watch anything she's in
Old 12-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Elite Fan

She popped up in Glee, I was already watching it. I so wished she had come when Idina was on it, it would have been a Wicked reunion!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 12-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Master Fan

I liked seeing Kristin on Glee and she was amazing in her songs, but I wasn't crazy about her character . I think the writers said that they love having her there so there's a chance she might be back.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:49 AM
Elite Fan

I find her character humourous and added abit of spark to Mr. Shue who is sooooooooooooooooo dull.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 12-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheali (View Post)
I just want to mention that GCB is in the Mid-Season Television Poll if anyone wants to go vote for it
That's one of the shows I voted for
Old 12-23-2011, 09:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I find her character humourous and added abit of spark to Mr. Shue who is sooooooooooooooooo dull.
I agree!
Old 12-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Elite Fan

I'm glad someone else agrees! She adds a spark to the show.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 01-03-2012, 04:00 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't like Glee that much, but for her I'd watch. I've only seen one of her episodes though. I'm not sure what I think of her character, but I guess I can't really comment since I don't like the show that much or watch it

I'm pretty sure GCB is the only show I voted for . I really was too lazy to look at what the others were about. I hope it starts her soon after it starts in the US, especially since it already has a channel here (I'm impatiently waiting for a date already, but don't expect it to happen )

Chelle » join GTmy art