Old 03-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Ultimate Fan

Forgotten Ones {Josh♥Beth} Appreciation #1 ~ You are safe in my heart

Welcome to the 1st Josh and Beth Appreciation Thread

Shippers
1. pinkpaisley
2. Talkative One
3. RKFan07

Well I came up with the Forgotten Ones as a name for both of them. If you don't like it let me know and we'll come up with something else.
Also I have no clue what to use a a title for the tread. So if you have any idea for the thread let us know

Enjoy...

Last edited by ~Susan~; 10-21-2009 at 08:11 PM
Old 03-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

I love Josh and Beth!! Josh was a wonderful boyfriend even though he was safe, whereas Mick was exciting and dangerous. One of my favorite Josh scenes is in Fever when he hit the guy who was leaking information. That was HOT. If Beth had never met Mick, she would have married Josh and had been safe and happy.

Suggestions for a title:

They made it to the year mark!
Beth is a crusader and Josh loves that about her.
Their first date was video golf at the Rustic Inn.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Ultimate Fan

good suggestions for a title...

Christy pick your favorite and i'll put it up
Old 03-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Elite Fan

Forgotten Ones has something sentimental to it and it is true

Thanks for starting this thread, Susan You rock!
Old 03-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant Disguise (View Post)
Forgotten Ones has something sentimental to it and it is true

Thanks for starting this thread, Susan You rock!
thanks
Finally found time to put it up
Old 03-11-2009, 02:37 AM
Elite Fan

Now all we need is a pretty title
Old 03-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant Disguise (View Post)
Now all we need is a pretty title
thats all you right there.
I put the tread up... i'm done with this one
Old 03-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Elite Fan

No Missy you also have to think of a title. It's part of the thread starts job
Old 03-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Ultimate Fan

LOL
great... can't wait to come up with a title
help?
Old 03-12-2009, 01:44 AM
Elite Fan

But I will help *I hope*

An article I came across. It's from Jan. 2008

Quote:
fans witnessed an unexpected twist to the Mick-Beth-Josh love triangle as Josh ended up at the hands of death in the episode “Love Lasts Forever.” While the loss of a noble character may be heartbreaking, his absence on the show may positively shape the future for Mick and Beth.

Episode 11 centered on Josh working on the biggest case of his career, a conviction against a member of the most dangerous gang in the world. In an attempt to force Josh to drop the case, the gang threatened Beth, but Josh refused to fold and asked Mick to protect her. Unfortunately, Josh went out unguarded and was kidnapped and stuffed into a car. In the end, Josh was shot to death right before Beth's eyes. In attempt to save him, Beth desperately asked Mick to turn Josh into a vampire but Mick refused to do so.

Sophia Myles, who plays his girlfriend Beth Turner, always sensed that something had to be done with Josh and Beth's jaded relationship. However, she was surprised to know that producers would end up killing him off since she initially hoped that she would just break off their relationship, possibly to be with the charming detective Mick (Alex O'Loughlin), who struggles with his vampire nature and his feelings for the mortal Beth.

“I think she was just so desperate because there was so much unfinished business,” Myles said of her intention to turn Josh into an immortal being. “She'd never quite been entirely honest with Josh, because she's been having an emotional affair with Mick for the last God knows how many episodes really, hasn't she? So I think what it was that she just didn't want him to die in that moment.”

Like the rest of the cast of Moonlight, Jordan Belfi, who portrayed Beth's now deceased boyfriend Josh Lindsey, also finds his character's death fitting to the plot of the supernatural series, though it means that he would have to part ways with a terrific ensemble.

“I think the episode is great. It's taut, suspenseful, emotional, visually stunning, and altogether gripping…I think it's the best episode so far. All of the complexities of Beth and Josh's relationship, Josh and Mick's relationship, and Mick and Beth's relationship that have been brewing the entire season come to a head. It strikes the perfect balance between realism and the supernatural, action and drama, and the music, pacing, performances, and overall direction strikes the perfect emotional tone” Belfi told Moonlight-Detective.com.
source

ETA: Title suggestion: You are safe in my heart

Last edited by Brilliant Disguise; 03-12-2009 at 02:07 AM
Old 03-12-2009, 08:59 AM
Ultimate Fan

Ahh gee thanks

Quote:
ETA: Title suggestion: You are safe in my heart
I love it... let put it up and move on
I'm j/k I like it.... very fitting for the two
Was that a line that beth said to josh when he was dying?
Old 03-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the article! I agree that was a wonderful episode which brought everyone to a crossroads with Josh and Beth's relationship, Beth's interest in Mick, and Mick's hatred of what he is and unwillingness to turn anyone else into that all colliding with each other. I've always wondered how much of that was that he didn't want Beth's boyfriend to become immortal. Man, that would have been awkward.....
Old 03-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Elite Fan

I think there might have been a small part that didn't want him to be immortal. But mostly it was about not turning Josh into a creep like him. Creep is maybe a little strong, but he hated being a vampire.
Beth would probably hate him after a while for listening to him Women
Old 03-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Passionate Fan

I know Mick hates being a vampire, but frankly, I find him far preferable to some humans. Jack the Ripper or Mick? Mick! Adolf Hitler or Mick? Mick! There are an awful lot of inhumane humans, and ML gave us a humane vampire. Go figure.

I wonder what kind of vampire Josh would have made. Hmm.....Mick would have been his sire, and I think we can assume he'd do a good job, maybe hit Guillermo up for extra blood for the fledgling in lieu of providing freshies........
Old 03-13-2009, 07:03 AM
Elite Fan

So true! I am a vampire fan, but sadly to say there are more good humans then good vampires.
Ok seriously we are talking about this as if they are real
But i agree I'd prefer Mick over a lot of humans. He has to keep the Aussie accent though...

Quote:
I wonder what kind of vampire Josh would have made
Maybe the way Beth was when she took that stuff in the pretty vial