Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2018, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I wonder if Red and Kitty saw the simularities with them and Jackie and Hyde. I loved when we saw scenes with the four of them. I especially loved the scenes in season six with them giving them advice.
Oh, I definitely think they recognized the similarities between them and Jackie/Hyde. Kitty, for sure, saw the parallels between Jackie's relationship with Hyde and Kitty's with Red. "The Acid Queen" (6x04) is all about it.

And Red recognizes himself in Hyde, which is why Red relates to Hyde better than he does to Eric.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think that is a great episode to show the parallels between them. I love Kitty giving Jackie advice and Red giving Hyde advice. The proud smile on Kitty's face when her advice worked says so much.

Red did relate better to Hyde though, that was for sure. I think they had more in common and Red saw that for sure.
I am an original”
Old 12-18-2018, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Quote:
I think that is a great episode to show the parallels between them. I love Kitty giving Jackie advice and Red giving Hyde advice. The proud smile on Kitty's face when her advice worked says so much.

Red did relate better to Hyde though, that was for sure. I think they had more in common and Red saw that for sure.
hell yes!
Old 12-18-2018, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love your enthusiasm Matt.

Another random thought I had, we know Kelso thought Jackie and Hyde were stable later on, hence picking them as Godparent. Do you think Red and Kitty thought that? Felt they were in it for the long haul? I like to think that they did with the advice they have them as a couple and as individuals.
I am an original”
Old 12-19-2018, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah, it does. I also love the look Kitty and Jackie exchange with Hyde sacrifices his ice cream to get Jackie a Vogue Magazine. And that all Kitty has to do is hum the melody to the words, "Pick your battles," and Jackie knows what to try next.

Quote:
I've said it before, but we should've gotten an episode where we see Hyde and Red palling around, and Eric gets jealous and tries to join in -- with hilarious results.

Quote:
I love your enthusiasm Matt.
Same.

Quote:
Another random thought I had, we know Kelso thought Jackie and Hyde were stable later on, hence picking them as Godparent. Do you think Red and Kitty thought that? Felt they were in it for the long haul? I like to think that they did with the advice they have them as a couple and as individuals.
I think Kitty definitely saw the potential that J/H's relationship had for longevity. I think Red's POV is more open to interpretation since we don't hear any real commentary from him about J/H's relationship. But maybe, like Eric does, he recognizes how much happier Hyde once he dates Jackie and relates that to his own happiness by being with Kitty.

Red [to Kitty]: I think Steven and the loud one are gonna make it.
Kitty: Oh, what makes you say that?
Red: He gets the same look on his face when he sees her that I do when I see you.
Kitty: Red ...

And passionate lovemaking follows.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Yeah, it does. I also love the look Kitty and Jackie exchange with Hyde sacrifices his ice cream to get Jackie a Vogue Magazine. And that all Kitty has to do is hum the melody to the words, "Pick your battles," and Jackie knows what to try next.

I've said it before, but we should've gotten an episode where we see Hyde and Red palling around, and Eric gets jealous and tries to join in -- with hilarious results.

Same.

I think Kitty definitely saw the potential that J/H's relationship had for longevity. I think Red's POV is more open to interpretation since we don't hear any real commentary from him about J/H's relationship. But maybe, like Eric does, he recognizes how much happier Hyde once he dates Jackie and relates that to his own happiness by being with Kitty.

Red [to Kitty]: I think Steven and the loud one are gonna make it.
Kitty: Oh, what makes you say that?
Red: He gets the same look on his face when he sees her that I do when I see you.
Kitty: Red ...

And passionate lovemaking follows.
I love when Kitty hummed " Pick your battles". She really wanted to help Jackie out in that situation.

I think an episode or Eric getting jealous and trying to intervene would have been hilarious too. Such wasted potential.

I could see Red and Kitty having that conversation for sure. I think Kitty knew for sure how much they cared about each other. I think Red did too with how he tried to help Hyde out with advice about Jackie from time to time.
I am an original”
Old 12-20-2018, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I love when Kitty hummed " Pick your battles". She really wanted to help Jackie out in that situation.
She really did, in part because she wants Jackie to learn how to get Hyde to show his love for her without Hyde having to "obey" her. The subtext in that episode is quite lovely -- and somewhat funny.

Quote:
I think an episode or Eric getting jealous and trying to intervene would have been hilarious too. Such wasted potential.
I can hear Eric talking to himself the same way he says, "Then I will have to do something stupid," in "The Good Son" (1x25).

Quote:
I could see Red and Kitty having that conversation for sure. I think Kitty knew for sure how much they cared about each other. I think Red did too with how he tried to help Hyde out with advice about Jackie from time to time.
I wish we'd gotten at least one really strong scene where Hyde and Red talk about Hyde's relationship with Jackie. In "The Acid Queen," Red's "advice" is basically saying all women are nuts. I don't remember Red giving Hyde any real advice about his relationship with Jackie -- which is surprising. One would think Hyde would've gone to Red when he was afraid Jackie still had romantic feelings for Kelso, after Hyde had slept with the nurse, when Jackie gave Hyde the ultimatum, etc. But the writing just didn't go there. Weird.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like to think that maybe off screen Red gave Hyde advice it just wasn't shown as much. We did see him kind of give him advice in "The Acid Queen" but I think Kitty helped Jackie out much more in that episode. Her advice seemed to work.

I can see Eric talking to himself about wanting to bond with Red like Hyde did. He might get frazzled about it too...with hand gestures.
I am an original”
Old 12-21-2018, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I like to think that maybe off screen Red gave Hyde advice it just wasn't shown as much.
I accept that headcanon.

Quote:
We did see him kind of give him advice in "The Acid Queen" but I think Kitty helped Jackie out much more in that episode. Her advice seemed to work.
Probably because Red has no idea how to combat the power his fiery passion for Kitty (that consumes his soul) has on him. Otherwise, she wouldn't have the power to get him to abandon a frosty beer for her.

Quote:
I can see Eric talking to himself about wanting to bond with Red like Hyde did. He might get frazzled about it too...with hand gestures.
Hopefully none of the hand gestures he learned in NY.
Old 12-21-2018, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kitty is the only one that could get Red to abandon a frosty beer, let's face it.

Just like Jackie is the only one that could get Hyde to abandon his ice cream....or a frosty beer.
I am an original”
Old 12-21-2018, 10:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Kitty is the only one that could get Red to abandon a frosty beer, let's face it.
And that shows just how much he loves her, especially because he abandons the beer for such a small chore.

Quote:
Just like Jackie is the only one that could get Hyde to abandon his ice cream....or a frosty beer.
Yes. I'm sure he'd leave his beer on the counter if Jackie needed something from the corner store.

This conversation makes me wonder if Red, Eric, or Hyde ever needed to get their beloveds feminine supplies. Maybe if Jackie and Donna's cycles synced, Eric and Hyde would have an adventure together in the drug store.
Old 12-23-2018, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

That is such an interesting question! I can imagine Eric being terrified of having to buy feminine products for Donna. Hyde would not enjoy it but try to act cool about it, and tell Eric to chill out.
I am an original”
Old 12-23-2018, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That is such an interesting question! I can imagine Eric being terrified of having to buy feminine products for Donna. Hyde would not enjoy it but try to act cool about it, and tell Eric to chill out.
Eric would look at boxes of feminine products like they were alien technology.

I agree that Hyde would try to act cool but internally be really uncomfortable.
Old 12-23-2018, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Eric would be squirmy and accidentally knock over a display of tampons. Hyde would then just try to rush them out of there!
I am an original”
Old 12-23-2018, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Eric would be squirmy and accidentally knock over a display of tampons. Hyde would then just try to rush them out of there!
That would totally happen! And the story they'd tell Donna and Jackie when they showed up empty-handed would be so convoluted.