Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2016, 01:29 AM
Loyal Fan

I didnt like the reasons but I liked the idea of Jackie choosing herself too. She was hurt and confused and she never had time to be on her own after all. She needed time to figure out what she needed.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriosityShell (View Post)
Hyde's actions in "Nobody's Fault But Mine" were definitely plot manipulating character and it required a HUGE suspension of disbelief. But I did like the aftermath in "Immigrant Song" and "Celebration Day". Hyde telling Jackie he loves her, their scene in the hospital together in "Immigrant Song", Hyde telling Kelso he's "never felt this way about a girl before" and Jackie choosing herself were great moments.
ITA with all of this.

Quote:
I like the idea of Jackie using the summer and first few episodes of S6 to find herself before getting back with Hyde, who would wait for her to make a decision. Jackie instead being the one to chase after a seemingly remorseless Hyde was disappointing.
Well put.

Quote:
Their S7 reconciliation was just bad. I'm grasping at straws, but the only thing I can come up with for it was maybe they missed the thrill of just having an uncomplicated, purely physical relationship like "Going to California" and the summer between S4 and S5? I don't know. But it was horribly OOC and contradictory to what we had seen before.
My head!canon is that Jackie and Hyde liked to keep the core of their relationship. Fez was present for that reconciliation, and they didn't want to reveal too much in front of him, so they made up a bunch of crap to say.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
ITA with all of this.

Well put.

My head!canon is that Jackie and Hyde liked to keep the core of their relationship. Fez was present for that reconciliation, and they didn't want to reveal too much in front of him, so they made up a bunch of crap to say.
That's a good head cannon Lisa. I think I will go with that theory too.
I am an original”
Old 06-17-2016, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
That's a good head cannon Lisa. I think I will go with that theory too.
Cool! At least it gives in-character subtext to their OOC dialogue.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, I like that idea too. I always felt that Jackie and Hyde felt misunderstood by their friends when it came to their relationship, and felt they could never reveal the depth of their feelings for each other because they wouldn't understand.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I always got that impression too.
I am an original”
Old 06-18-2016, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah, I like that idea too. I always felt that Jackie and Hyde felt misunderstood by their friends when it came to their relationship, and felt they could never reveal the depth of their feelings for each other because they wouldn't understand.
Yes. Which is why they kept so much of their intimacy (not just sexual but emotional, too) private.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like that they kept a lot of their intimacy private, I read a post about that on tublr the other day actually.
I am an original”
Old 06-19-2016, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I like that they kept a lot of their intimacy private, I read a post about that on tublr the other day actually.
Yeah, this was a great post.

Fortunately we get peaks of the truth of Jackie and Hyde's relationship. Small but significant moments or lines or even just the way they're physically (not sexually) affectionate or connected so often. It all indicates a relationship deeper and closer than the action of season 7 (and parts of season 6) depicts.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Nevertheless I think they (their friends) understood the depth in a way? Eg Kelso and Brooke wanted Jackie and Hyde to be Betsy's godparents instead of Donna and Eric. Despite all the mockery they made of J/H relationship, they knew there was something deep going on?
Old 06-19-2016, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah, this was a great post.

Fortunately we get peaks of the truth of Jackie and Hyde's relationship. Small but significant moments or lines or even just the way they're physically (not sexually) affectionate or connected so often. It all indicates a relationship deeper and closer than the action of season 7 (and parts of season 6) depicts.
I am glad you saw that tumblr post too.

I like their little moments too, some of them are in the background but it shows they are connected.
I am an original”
Old 06-20-2016, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjamie (View Post)
Nevertheless I think they (their friends) understood the depth in a way? Eg Kelso and Brooke wanted Jackie and Hyde to be Betsy's godparents instead of Donna and Eric. Despite all the mockery they made of J/H relationship, they knew there was something deep going on?
Definitely by season 7, all of Jackie and Hyde's friends wanted them together (we'll ignore the towel-wearing Kelso scene). Donna kept trying to get Hyde to admit his feelings about Jackie in public. Eric describes the change he's witnessed in Hyde ever since he and Jackie got together. Fez does whatever he can to get Jackie and Hyde to reconcile. Kelso names Jackie and Hyde his daughter's godparents -- of course, the writers' intentions with that seem to be to burn Eric and Donna: "Look at how far you've fallen. Of all people, Jackie and Hyde making it in the long run is a better bet than you two, and their relationship is super unstable."
Old 06-20-2016, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think by season 7 despite the poor characterization at times, okay a lot of times people realized they were a well established couple.
I am an original”
Old 06-21-2016, 12:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Kelso names Jackie and Hyde his daughter's godparents -- of course, the writers' intentions with that seem to be to burn Eric and Donna: "Look at how far you've fallen. Of all people, Jackie and Hyde making it in the long run is a better bet than you two, and their relationship is super unstable."
Oh yeah. That line was cringe-inducing. And I did find it a bit odd that Kelso would think that Jackie and Hyde, a relationship he had some level of understanding of (he mentions the deep conversations between them in "The Kids Are Alright") but for the most part didn't get (considering he called them unstable), would think they would last longer than Eric and Donna, two people he had known since childhood and seen their romance for years.

At times, I wish T7S could have been an hour-long show. There was a 22-minute time limit so I do understand why the writers couldn't show the casual, deep conversations between Jackie and Hyde if they weren't plot-related, but if it were an hour-long show, I'm sure we would have gotten to see more.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh yeah. That line was cringe-inducing. And I did find it a bit odd that Kelso would think that Jackie and Hyde, a relationship he had some level of understanding of (he mentions the deep conversations between them in "The Kids Are Alright") but for the most part didn't get (considering he called them unstable), would think they would last longer than Eric and Donna, two people he had known since childhood and seen their romance for years.
Yes, exactly. Inconsistencies -- maybe that's the one constant of T7S.

Quote:
At times, I wish T7S could have been an hour-long show. There was a 22-minute time limit so I do understand why the writers couldn't show the casual, deep conversations between Jackie and Hyde if they weren't plot-related, but if it were an hour-long show, I'm sure we would have gotten to see more.
I wonder how the writers would've handled an hour-long show. Could've made them burn out even faster.

---

New thread here.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top