Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2014, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyak0807 (View Post)
*scratches head* I don't understand your words, Lisa. What is an anti-J/H fan? I've never heard of this.
It's rare but not extinct. They exist in the wild.

Quote:
And I guess I could kind of see Donna moving on past Eric too.
I wouldn't like it, but I think depending on the circumstances it'd be possible.

---

My head!canon is that once Eric and Donna get married, Hyde and Donna feel even more like brother and sister. He really was like a protective, understanding slightly older brother to her after season 1.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
My head!canon is that once Eric and Donna get married, Hyde and Donna feel even more like brother and sister. He really was like a protective, understanding slightly older brother to her after season 1.
Yeah, it would've been nice to see how Hyde and Donna's relationship would have changed/developed after Eric and Donna got married.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah, it would've been nice to see how Hyde and Donna's relationship would have changed/developed after Eric and Donna got married.
What if Eric and Donna both went to Hyde -- separately -- to complain about each other? Hyde might get frustrated/pissed and tell them both if they want marriage counseling that they should go see a shrink ... or pay him $150 an hour.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lisa, I could see that happening!
I am an original”
Old 05-08-2014, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
Lisa, I could see that happening!
Jackie would get pissed, though.

Jackie: Steven, you're giving Donna and Eric marriage counseling, but you won't propose to me?

Hyde: I'm doin' it for us, baby. The longer we delay getting married, the longer we delay needing to get marriage counseling.

Jackie [touched]: Oh, Steven ... [realizing her folly] wait. This is just another excuse! Well, it won't work. We're going to couples' counseling. Right now!

Hyde: Damn it.

---

After learning about this incident, maybe Eric and Donna would go to Hyde less often for advice. Then again, maybe Hyde and Jackie go to a really good couples' counselor, and Hyde becomes wiser than ever.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Jackie would get pissed, though.

Jackie: Steven, you're giving Donna and Eric marriage counseling, but you won't propose to me?

Hyde: I'm doin' it for us, baby. The longer we delay getting married, the longer we delay needing to get marriage counseling.

Jackie [touched]: Oh, Steven ... [realizing her folly] wait. This is just another excuse! Well, it won't work. We're going to couples' counseling. Right now!

Hyde: Damn it.

---

After learning about this incident, maybe Eric and Donna would go to Hyde less often for advice. Then again, maybe Hyde and Jackie go to a really good couples' counselor, and Hyde becomes wiser than ever.
Poor Hyde! No way out of marriage counseling!
I am an original”
Old 05-08-2014, 11:45 PM
Master Fan

Aw Hyde. Good luck in couples counseling.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hyde is going to need it!
I am an original”
Old 05-09-2014, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hyde finds his way into marriage counseling by acting as a marriage counselor to Donna and Eric. ... Yeah, Hyde's taking a vow of silence.

I wonder what Hyde and Donna's relationship was like pre-puberty. He had a crush on her early-on, clearly (keeping that picture of them from middle school), but I wonder how they became friends.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I do sometimes wonder how they became friends. Do you think they met in school? Or maybe she met Hyde through Eric, because Eric and Donna were neighbors.
I am an original”
Old 05-10-2014, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I do sometimes wonder how they became friends. Do you think they met in school? Or maybe she met Hyde through Eric, because Eric and Donna were neighbors.
Yeah, the latter would be my guess. "Class Picture" has young!Hyde protecting Eric from Donna, but that's not my head!canon. I take the pre-"Class Picture" info we got as canon....

Like the idea of Donna and Eric being best friends from toddler-hood, before school. Red/Kitty and Bob/Midge being good friends -- to the point of taking family vacations together, etc. So maybe Eric introduced Hyde to Donna, and Hyde's initial reaction was, "A girl? I'm not gonna play with a girl," and Eric tries to convince him Donna's more like a boy.

Upon first meeting Donna...

Hyde: She doesn't look like a boy.

Donna: What?

Eric: I didn't say she looked like a boy. She plays like one.

Hyde: Oh, yeah? [To Donna] Ever play punch-for-punch?

Donna: You mean this?

[Donna punches Hyde on the arm.]

Hyde: Ow! She can actually hit ... but can she take a hit?

Donna: Yeah.

[Hyde tries to punch Donna in the arm, but she sidesteps him and punches Hyde's other arm.

Hyde [impressed]: Forman, you were wrong. She doesn't play like a boy. She plays like a super boy. [To Donna] Wanna be friends?

Donna: Well, you did take my punches without crying, so ... [she glances quickly at Eric before looking at Hyde again] okay.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

That does sound like a good head cannon Lisa. I think Hyde did meet Donna through Eric somehow.
I am an original”
Old 05-12-2014, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That does sound like a good head cannon Lisa. I think Hyde did meet Donna through Eric somehow.
I like the idea. Donna couldn't have been too happy with Kelso joining their group, though. We never actually saw them having fun one-on-one, did we? Whenever they had alone-time together, Kelso usually made an unwanted move.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:35 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I like the idea. Donna couldn't have been too happy with Kelso joining their group, though. We never actually saw them having fun one-on-one, did we? Whenever they had alone-time together, Kelso usually made an unwanted move.
Yeah Kelso was always trying to make a move on Donna. I like to think Hyde was there to protect Donna if Kelso made an unwanted move but I'm sure Donna was able to protect herself. She probably could beat up Kelso herself.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanselnext (View Post)
Yeah Kelso was always trying to make a move on Donna. I like to think Hyde was there to protect Donna if Kelso made an unwanted move but I'm sure Donna was able to protect herself. She probably could beat up Kelso herself.
Yeah, she probably beat the crap out of Kelso whenever he misbehaved. I'm surprised he didn't come back from California with a broken arm (or two broken arms).

I wonder why the gang kept Kelso around. He made a move on Donna in "Roller Disco" (305), and Eric, Hyde beat him up for it. Kelso should've gotten "suspensions" from the basement. There had to be stricter consequences for his behavior because though he says he "always responded well to corporal punishment," it has no real effect on him 'cause he doesn't change.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top