Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2014, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I bet if Eric made it, Hyde kept it, just didn't tell anybody. Maybe he carried it with him or something.
I am an original”
Old 05-12-2014, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I bet if Eric made it, Hyde kept it, just didn't tell anybody. Maybe he carried it with him or something.
Maybe Hyde has a special shoebox he keeps important things in (we see this box in lot of fanfic, including mine). He'd keep the bracelet there (if he's not wearing it).

I can easily imagine a young, enthusiastic Eric handing Hyde the bracelet, and Hyde having no idea what Eric's giving him.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:45 AM
Elite Fan

You're right. Hyde always has a box in fanfic and that has been going on since I started reading T7S fanfiction. That's crazy. I wonder which fanfic was the one to start it all.
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
Old 05-13-2014, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiehydelover (View Post)
You're right. Hyde always has a box in fanfic and that has been going on since I started reading T7S fanfiction. That's crazy. I wonder which fanfic was the one to start it all.
Maybe it's lost to time (and the old Zenfic archive). But it became a part of the fanon I like, unlike ... "Jacks". *glares*

I wonder if the gang ever went on overnights / week-long trips with school, like to a farm (my grade school did). If so, did Edna allow Hyde to go? Or maybe he forged her signature. I'm sure he and Eric shared a bunk bed (and Hyde always called top bunk ).
Old 05-13-2014, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Maybe it's lost to time (and the old Zenfic archive). But it became a part of the fanon I like, unlike ... "Jacks". *glares*

I wonder if the gang ever went on overnights / week-long trips with school, like to a farm (my grade school did). If so, did Edna allow Hyde to go? Or maybe he forged her signature. I'm sure he and Eric shared a bunk bed (and Hyde always called top bunk ).
Hyde's box does come up often, and I don't mind that because it's something I could see actually being true. I agree with you about the name " Jacks" though, I can't stand that nickname. Although I have read worse nicknames in fanfiction...

Anyway, I bet Hyde did go on overnights if they did have them. Edna sadly, probably didn't realize he was gone.
I am an original”
Old 05-14-2014, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hyde's box does come up often, and I don't mind that because it's something I could see actually being true.
It fits his character. He had a drawer back at the house he grew up in that he kept things in (like that picture of himself and Donna). Huh. Maybe one of the drawers in his room at the Formans' serves the same purpose (but they're so small ).

Quote:
I agree with you about the name " Jacks" though, I can't stand that nickname. Although I have read worse nicknames in fanfiction...
When I check out the new J/H fic that crops up, if Hyde calls Jackie "Jacks," I usually stop reading. It throws me out of the story, and I no longer see Hyde as Hyde in it.

Quote:
Anyway, I bet Hyde did go on overnights if they did have them. Edna sadly, probably didn't realize he was gone.
You're right. She probably didn't -- which is, also sadly, a good thing in her case. 'Cause if she had noticed, she'd probably have hit him.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:

Edna probably let him go, she was probably happy to get rid of him for a couple of days.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanselnext (View Post)
Edna probably let him go, she was probably happy to get rid of him for a couple of days.
Yeah, I wouldn't doubt that. I'm sure Hyde locked his door from the outside and took the key. He would've had to install a lock to protect whatever he had from drunk!Edna and her drunken boyfriends.

Whereas Eric was 17 by the time he thought to install a lock on his door.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:52 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I wouldn't doubt that. I'm sure Hyde locked his door from the outside and took the key. He would've had to install a lock to protect whatever he had from drunk!Edna and her drunken boyfriends.

Whereas Eric was 17 by the time he thought to install a lock on his door.
Hyde probably learned how to protect his possessions very early on. Wouldn't surprise me if Edna did try to steal from him. He didn't have much but I'm sure he took care of the things he did have. Whereas Eric didn't have to worry about those things.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hyde probably learned how to protect his possessions very early on. Wouldn't surprise me if Edna did try to steal from him. He didn't have much but I'm sure he took care of the things he did have. Whereas Eric didn't have to worry about those things.
Poor Hyde!

He only had his laundry with him when he went to live with the Formans. He must've gone back to that house and gotten the rest of his stuff afterward. Eric probably helped him. Okay, now I want to see that scene.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Poor Hyde!

He only had his laundry with him when he went to live with the Formans. He must've gone back to that house and gotten the rest of his stuff afterward. Eric probably helped him. Okay, now I want to see that scene.
I want to see that scene too. He had to have gone back for the rest of his stuff. There's no way he took everything with him because Red yelled at him to get in the car.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I want to see that scene too. He had to have gone back for the rest of his stuff. There's no way he took everything with him because Red yelled at him to get in the car.
Exactly. He had to have eventually taken his double-sleeping bag (weird that he would have one of those ... but this was before his home-life was established on the show). He'd take his records and record player, his pictures, and other personal mementos.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Hyde's family situation was sad but I'm glad he was finally put into a good home with the Formans. I can't imagine him living like that on just ketchup and crackers. He would've had to drop out of school and get a job.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hyde's family situation was sad but I'm glad he was finally put into a good home with the Formans. I can't imagine him living like that on just ketchup and crackers. He would've had to drop out of school and get a job.
And find a roommate or three in order to afford a place to stay. Thank God he had the Formans.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am so thankful Hyde had the Forman's. I can't imagine what would have happened if he hadn't.
I am an original”