Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Misty's T7S Comics #16

This comic series is dedicated to T7S fanfic author rebeldivaluv. Specifically, for her incredible J/H story Filling in the Gaps.

Big thanks go to Chris (jackiehydelover) and Jess (SpunkiiMonkii7078) for letting me do this!

Comics archived at Misty-Mountain-Hop's DeviantART Page.

Comics on Tumblr at Those '70s Comics.

Previous Fanforum Comics thread.

---

That '70s Show copyright The Carsey-Werner Company, LLC and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, LLC.

---

My That '70s Show Fanfic

-----

Today's Comic Is Below

---

Those '70s Comics: 1280

Inspired by episode 522 - "You Shook Me"

---

Kayla, your husband's not a dog person, huh? Well, at least he's cool with you having one. What kind of dog is it? And Kitty's dog's name is spelled "Schatzi". It's a German term of endearment that means "treasure".

Jess, Red's thoughts are ever-so-kind about Joanne.

Colleen, thank you!

---

Speed Lines by bakenekogirl on deviantART

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 07-10-2017 at 07:05 PM
Old 12-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

Oh Kelso, he just never gives up, does he? Plomised, I loved it when he said that.

Thank you for clearing up how to spell the dogs name, Lisa. And it isn't that he doesn't like dogs, he does. We actually picked her out together when we adopted her from the shelter. He just doesn't approve of how much I "spoil" her. She's a german shepherd/golden retriever mix, a big dog, but one of the sweetest I've ever met.

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 04-04-2015 at 01:22 PM
Old 12-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

Oh gosh! Kelso influenced Fez to have the dream..that's a twist.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kelso, I really don't like you at times.
I am an original”
Old 12-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Those '70s Comics: 1281

---

Set 2 Splash and Falling Rain brushes by FrostBo (FrostBo) - DeviantArt

---

Kayla, oh, I'm glad your husband likes dogs. I'd love to see what your dog looks like. You could post pics here: http://www.fanforum.com/f27/70s-show...etty-63037910/ . And Kelso saying "plomise" always makes me .

Jess, Kelso inadvertently influenced Fez to have the dream. He didn't set out to do it. He's just too "man-pretty". Yeah, that was more Kelso's ego coming out by claiming responsibility, not him internally confessing to setting out to make Fez have that dream.

Colleen, Kelso is like an itch that never goes away.

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 07-10-2017 at 04:50 PM
Old 12-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

Aw, so sad. Hyde was worried about Jackie and then he sees her with Kelso. I'm glad you explained that though. I did think it was a bit odd that he just happened to walk into the Pinciotti house while Jackie and Kelso we're so "close". I'm not very happy about what's going to happen next...
Old 12-13-2013, 09:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Shatzi and the noise-blocking earmuffs how cute

Aaahhh I can't believe we're at this point how many comics have you written for these two episodes? I'm half dreading it, half excited to see how you deal with it in the comics, getting to see it in more detail
Old 12-13-2013, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Those '70s Comics: 1282

---

Kayla, yeah, on the show, Hyde walking in on Jackie and Kelso on the couch was a convenience of plot. And what happens next won't be pleasant, but what happens after that will become more and more pleasant.

Meli, thanks! "You Shook Me," "Nobody's Fault But Mine," and "Immigrant Song" all have the usual 30 or so comics (plus a few). But "Celebration Day" has about seventy. Yeah, a lot of character development happens there. I'm excited for y'all to see how the Jackie/Hyde/Kelso situation develops when Jackie and Hyde's pattern of growth is intact (instead of ignored as it was on the show). And "The Kids Are Alright" will have at least fifty comics. So, yeah. 2014 is the year of comic!Zen.

Note: Tonight I finished up the next seven month's of comics (which begin being posted January 1st). Took me about two months. Never made that many in one go before.

---

Rip us Brush set by liminalstate on deviantART

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 07-10-2017 at 05:09 PM
Old 12-13-2013, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

I don't Hyde would've been that mad if Jackie had explained to him what happened and he hadn't walked in on her and Kelso. Too bad it didn't happen that way.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awww my heart is breaking!
I am an original”
Old 12-14-2013, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

CLASSIC COMICS SATURDAY

—-

Those '70s Comics: 31

Inspired by episode 115 - “That Wrestling Show”

---

Comments: This comic was inspired by the fact Bob had his arm around Fez while sharing his tale of woe. Plus, Bob sounded so sad and pathetic.

---

Kayla, imo, Hyde's character was manipulated to serve plot for this storyline. I think he would've had enough self-control to break up with Jackie verbally/properly instead of doing things passive-aggressively. It was a big blow to his characterization and contradicted so much of his behavior/attitude from the seasons before. But I use that bad piece of characterization for the good in the comics -- and none of the even worse Hyde characterization we got in season 6 will follow.

Colleen, I knoooow! These comics were both hard to write and draw. My Zennie heart hurt.

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 07-10-2017 at 05:10 PM
Old 12-14-2013, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

" I think you just got your first girlfriend Fezzy". I love it!
I am an original”
Old 12-14-2013, 09:58 PM
Master Fan

Love it!
Old 12-15-2013, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

CLASSIC COMICS SUNDAY

—-

Those '70s Comics: 32

Inspired by episode 115 - “That Wrestling Show”

---

Comments: The joke of this comic required more complex art than I’d thus far been drawing for the series. I still didn’t think I’d go beyond a hundred comics, so the art here is limited. I hadn’t yet started using Photoshop brushes or drawn characters in profile or with arms ()—except for Eric and Donna.

I am happy to announce, however, that in my last round of comics-making. I finally gave Red and Bob arms! They’re the last of the main characters that needed them. Only took four years for it to happen.

---

Colleen, Kayla, thank you!

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 07-10-2017 at 05:11 PM
Old 12-15-2013, 05:46 PM
Master Fan

Yay! They're going to have arms! I've already explained that I don't understand what how any of that works... But, I'm guessing it is time consuming to draw arms since it took you so long to do so for Red and Bob.

Love this comic by the way! Poor Jackie, she didn't understand yet that when it comes to sex and sucking up, the roles are usually reversed.