Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2014, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanselnext (View Post)
They were probably high and that's how they got the idea Hyde probably got really hungry and decided to bake and Fez decided to go into Red's closet.
Yeah, you're probably right. They must've played around in other ways, too. I bet Fez missed that once Hyde started dating Jackie. This exchange happens in season six:

FEZ: Why don't we have a game?
HYDE: Would you stop asking me why don't we have stuff? "Why don't we have a song?" "Why don't we have a movie?" We're men.
FEZ: I thought we were sensitive men.
HYDE: We're not.
FEZ: One of us is.
HYDE: Shut up!
FEZ: And it's not you.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:59 AM
Passionate Fan

That exchange always makes me laugh.

Its probably why Fez and Kelso became close once Hyde started dating Jackie. I wonder if Fez missed hanging out with Hyde and demanded that he make time for him.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Its probably why Fez and Kelso became close once Hyde started dating Jackie. I wonder if Fez missed hanging out with Hyde and demanded that he make time for him.
Fez probably did. It's a scene we never got. I can't see Hyde enjoying Fez's neediness, but Hyde dumped Jill because Eric needed him (Eric was really down during his breakup with Donna). I'm sure Hyde would've made time to hang out with Fez -- just not as often as Fez would've liked.

In season five, though, Fez was dating Nina and working at the DMV, so he likely didn't have too much time to miss Hyde while Hyde dated Jackie. Season six is another story, however.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Fez probably did. It's a scene we never got. I can't see Hyde enjoying Fez's neediness, but Hyde dumped Jill because Eric needed him (Eric was really down during his breakup with Donna). I'm sure Hyde would've made time to hang out with Fez -- just not as often as Fez would've liked.

In season five, though, Fez was dating Nina and working at the DMV, so he likely didn't have too much time to miss Hyde while Hyde dated Jackie. Season six is another story, however.
Well technically he dumped Jill because she liked the little river band

Fez was really needy when he was with Nina. That's why she dumped him. Once that was over him and Kelso probably became really close friends, especially in S6. It would be funny if we got a scene where Fez wanted to spend more time with Hyde and he told him that.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Well technically he dumped Jill because she liked the little river band
I never believed that. I think her enjoyment of the Little River Band made it easier for him to dump her, though. That and the fact she didn't put-out fast enough for his taste (back then). He must have been really physically attracted to her to wait -- because before Jackie, he wasn't into relationships. He was into fooling around, and that's all. He had a girl-of-the-week, and he'd been with Jill for a week already, and she hadn't had sex with him yet.

So, yeah. He must've really wanted to have have sex with her. He didn't string girls along, as far as I know. He was upfront about his lack of attachment and that he expected the same from them. There's a journal entry from T7S's old official site where he explains this, too.

Quote:
Fez was really needy when he was with Nina. That's why she dumped him.
Ah, yeah! Of course. She couldn't take the neediness that annoyed Hyde in the dialogue I quoted earlier.

Quote:
Once that was over him and Kelso probably became really close friends, especially in S6. It would be funny if we got a scene where Fez wanted to spend more time with Hyde and he told him that.
Kelso was pretty needy himself, so I guess his neediness and Fez's worked together. Maybe I'll write a Hyde/Fez scene like that in season six or seven for the comics. Right now, though, Fez is quite busy with Laurie.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I could see Fez asking Hyde why they didn't spend as much time together, and Hyde being annoyed with it. Fez was pretty needy with everybody it seemed.
I am an original”
Old 06-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I could see Fez asking Hyde why they didn't spend as much time together, and Hyde being annoyed with it. Fez was pretty needy with everybody it seemed.
Yup. He called Eric up at three in the morning to check if they were still friends.

Fez and Donna had a significant friendship moment from the end of "Holy Craps" through "Fez Dates Donna," but I would've liked to see more development between them -- something not involving Fez trying to get a look at her naked.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would have liked to see more of a friendship with Fez and the girls without him always hitting on them.
I am an original”
Old 06-05-2014, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I would have liked to see more of a friendship with Fez and the girls without him always hitting on them.
At least with Jackie, we got to see Fez being her "girl friend". There were a lot of times he didn't hit on her. She was usually too caught up with Hyde!angst, or he was trying to attract a different woman. Maybe Hyde was too scary a bodyguard for Fez to risk doing the type of pervy things to Jackie he did to Donna in the later seasons. Fez didn't want the black eyes Kelso got, and I'm sure Fez didn't fear Eric's physical wrath.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
At least with Jackie, we got to see Fez being her "girl friend". There were a lot of times he didn't hit on her. She was usually too caught up with Hyde!angst, or he was trying to attract a different woman. Maybe Hyde was too scary a bodyguard for Fez to risk doing the type of pervy things to Jackie he did to Donna in the later seasons. Fez didn't want the black eyes Kelso got, and I'm sure Fez didn't fear Eric's physical wrath.
That's true. I don't think he was scared of Eric. Hyde wasn't going to let Fez get away with that. Hyde would frog the guys if they got handsy or said inappropriate things to Jackie or about her.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That's true. I don't think he was scared of Eric. Hyde wasn't going to let Fez get away with that. Hyde would frog the guys if they got handsy or said inappropriate things to Jackie or about her.
This conversation made me realize that for all Kelso did in S5, he didn't actually touch Jackie in that season -- trying to cop a feel, etc. He was manipulative as hell and interfering, but he didn't cross that line with her. If he had, more than his eye would've been blackened. Hyde and Jackie probably would've double-teamed him.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kelso would have been in a world of pain if he tried to touch Jackie like that...
I am an original”
Old 06-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Kelso would have been in a world of pain if he tried to touch Jackie like that...
Kelso's cojones wouldn't have been lonely anymore because they would've been gone.

I wonder if Hyde ever taught Fez how to fight (because of the jocks). Hyde's advice to Eric about Casey was to "kick him in the stones then run like hell." I think Hyde knew to "pick his battles" and wouldn't be stupid enough to take on someone he had no chance of beating. He'd come up with a more clever (and non-physical) way of fighting back.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I wonder if Hyde ever taught Fez how to fight (because of the jocks). Hyde's advice to Eric about Casey was to "kick him in the stones then run like hell." I think Hyde knew to "pick his battles" and wouldn't be stupid enough to take on someone he had no chance of beating. He'd come up with a more clever (and non-physical) way of fighting back.
He knows Eric won't win a fight against Casey so that's great advice.

That's probably the same advice he gave Fez about how to deal with bullies.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
He knows Eric won't win a fight against Casey so that's great advice.

That's probably the same advice he gave Fez about how to deal with bullies.
I agree. I wonder how many times Fez used that advice.