Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2014, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannygirl704 (View Post)
Lol thanks Lisa. I think I had a little too much fun answering that what if question lol But it started a spark that just kept going! And you know while I was typing it out I thought about doing a fanfic! But right now I’ve got a few too many story ideas to work on. And it’s may so you know what that means for my fanfics
We both suffer from having too many fanfic ideas, not enough time to write 'em. But, yay! Your summer vacay is fast approaching, so you'll have more time for fic!

Quote:
How do you think Hyde and Eric would’ve reacted to the new member of the family? I wonder if they’d made an inside bet about Laurie coming home with a kid and we see probably Eric paying up when they first see the little one lol
Eric would probably think his sister would do whatever she could to keep herself from having kids -- and that's why he'd lose the bet.

From what we've seen in certain episodes, Eric didn't seem too big on kids or babies. But I think he'd try to bond with his niece or nephew -- and try to warn her or him about Laurie's less than stellar qualities.

Hyde would probably be surprisingly gentle with the baby. He's been shown to have compassion for the vulnerable, whether they're his friends or strangers. He wouldn't want to change diapers, though. That would make him hold the baby out at arms length and rush to find Mrs. Forman.

Quote:
Oh and I’m glad you liked the artwork too. I can never figure out where Cousin Penny came from so I kinda have her in the middle.
Me, too! Yeah, whoever wrote "Eric's Hot Cousin" wasn't paying attention to Kitty and Red's siblings. Red, as far as we were told, has only brothers. Kitty has one childless sister.

Then again, "Grandma's Dead" makes Red seem like Marty is his only brother, whereas earlier episodes have Bernice mentioning Red's brother Jerry -- and a brother Paul? <--- Not a hundred-percent sure when Paul is mentioned or by whom.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
We both suffer from having too many fanfic ideas, not enough time to write 'em. But, yay! Your summer vacay is fast approaching, so you'll have more time for fic!

Eric would probably think his sister would do whatever she could to keep herself from having kids -- and that's why he'd lose the bet.

From what we've seen in certain episodes, Eric didn't seem too big on kids or babies. But I think he'd try to bond with his niece or nephew -- and try to warn her or him about Laurie's less than stellar qualities.

Hyde would probably be surprisingly gentle with the baby. He's been shown to have compassion for the vulnerable, whether they're his friends or strangers. He wouldn't want to change diapers, though. That would make him hold the baby out at arms length and rush to find Mrs. Forman.

Me, too! Yeah, whoever wrote "Eric's Hot Cousin" wasn't paying attention to Kitty and Red's siblings. Red, as far as we were told, has only brothers. Kitty has one childless sister.

Then again, "Grandma's Dead" makes Red seem like Marty is his only brother, whereas earlier episodes have Bernice mentioning Red's brother Jerry -- and a brother Paul? <--- Not a hundred-percent sure when Paul is mentioned or by whom.

Whenever I see "Eric's hot cousin" and see cousin Penny, I am reminded that the actress that played her played an annoying character in "Dawson's Creek".

A little late, but that art is very nice Prissy!
I am an original”
Old 05-09-2014, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
Whenever I see "Eric's hot cousin" and see cousin Penny, I am reminded that the actress that played her played an annoying character in "Dawson's Creek".
As someone who never watched Dawson's Creek, I don't know that character. But whenever I see the actress in other roles (as in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia), I think of Cousin Penny. The actress has an identical twin, too.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's funny, no matter what role she is playing, I always think of her as another role she played!
I am an original”
Old 05-10-2014, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It's funny, no matter what role she is playing, I always think of her as another role she played!
Her character on Dawson's Creek really stuck with you.

I would've liked to see Penny for another episode, one where Eric actually gets her back.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I actually didn't really mind Eve too much. Plus, there was a huge storyline that was dropped for whatever reason.

Also, every time I see this actress, I think of Jessica from Sweet Valley High
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
Old 05-10-2014, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiehydelover (View Post)
I actually didn't really mind Eve too much. Plus, there was a huge storyline that was dropped for whatever reason.

Also, every time I see this actress, I think of Jessica from Sweet Valley High
I didn't mind Eve at first, but she got old for me really fast. I didn't like how they made her Jen's long lost sister and then never brought it up again.

I would have liked to see Penny for another episode as well.
I am an original”
Old 05-14-2014, 11:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

I would’ve liked to see Penny make a return if only to find out whose side of the family she was from!

Quote:

I remember Bernice mentioning a Jerry…can’t exactly remember Paul but it must have been some passing moment. I think in my head I’ve pictured Marty being Red’s only brother because he was the only one we really saw and it was their mother’s funeral so if Red had other siblings wouldn’t we have seen them?

In TV shows characters tend to mention siblings that turn out to never exist. And sometimes we even see siblings and they turn out to not exist again after that one episode. But for me, Red and Kitty each had only one sibling…although I could easily add in this Jerry guy for moments/ideas that don’t make too much sense like Penny lol
Old 05-14-2014, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I would’ve liked to see Penny make a return if only to find out whose side of the family she was from!
Yeah, that's a mystery that'll never be solved.

Quote:
I remember Bernice mentioning a Jerry…can’t exactly remember Paul but it must have been some passing moment. I think in my head I’ve pictured Marty being Red’s only brother because he was the only one we really saw and it was their mother’s funeral so if Red had other siblings wouldn’t we have seen them?
Exactly! Red and Marty were the only ones going through Bernice's stuff, too. If they had other brothers, one would think they they'd have been involved in that -- or at least mentioned as wanting certain things from their mother.

Quote:
In TV shows characters tend to mention siblings that turn out to never exist. And sometimes we even see siblings and they turn out to not exist again after that one episode. But for me, Red and Kitty each had only one sibling…although I could easily add in this Jerry guy for moments/ideas that don’t make too much sense like Penny lol
Yeah, it happens on TV series a lot.

I'm looking through the episodes with Bernice -- or that mention Bernice. In "Thanksgiving" (109):

RED: Where's your grandma?
LAURIE: She's not coming. She said she's going to cousin Joe's for Thanksgiving.

---

Okay, so Red has a sibling who has a son named Joe. Could be Marty's son, but one would think he'd have gone to the funeral.

From "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" (110):

KITTY: Who is that, dear?
RED: "My mother. Seems like Uncle Paul broke his ankle, and she's going to church with us today."
KITTY: No, she's not. It's Paul's turn to take her.
RED: Well, like I said, he broke his ankle.
KITTY: Broken ankle? Whatever. It's his turn.

---

So Red has a brother Paul who lives close enough to take Bernice to church every other week. Could be Joe's father. Marty had to drive in -- seemingly from a distance -- for the funeral, so I doubt he and Paul are the same character with the name changed. Would've been interesting to see Paul and Joe for an episode.

Also from "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" (110):

KITTY: Well, it's nice to see you Bernice.
BERNICE: I hate this car. You know I just hate this car. Your brother Jerry has a beautiful car. A Lincoln. But then he makes more money, a lot more money than you do.

---

Okay, I think "Jerry" and "Marty" might be the same character. In Days Like These (the British version of That '70s Show), we learn in "Grandma's Dead" that Marty has a lot of money, and he offers to pay for the funeral since Red's losing his job. Red, though, insists on splitting the cost.

Marty in Days Like These seemed more materialistic than in That '70s Show, though he also did also push Red to open up to his feelings.

I love trying to figure out this stuff. *geeks*
Old 05-15-2014, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I never even thought about that. My gut tells me that it's Red's side of the family just because she reminds me of Laurie a bit. The way Red is sweet to her even though she's clearly manipulating him. I can see her doing that to Red's brother.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I never even thought about that. My gut tells me that it's Red's side of the family just because she reminds me of Laurie a bit. The way Red is sweet to her even though she's clearly manipulating him. I can see her doing that to Red's brother.
I agree. Even though Kitty saw Penny's mother give birth to her, maybe that means Penny's mom felt more comfortable with Kitty in the room because Kitty's a nurse (or was training to be one at the time).

I've said it before, but the actress who played Penny would've been a far better recast for Laurie than Christina Moore.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

I could see the actress who played Penny coming to play Laurie. Or even bringing Penny in to replace Laurie once LRK left might have worked out too.

Definitely agree about seeing Penny more as someone on Red’s side of the family for the same reasons you mentioned Chris, but nothing was ever really stated so I still wonder And as far as Kitty being in the room when Penny was born I figured Kitty was already a nurse and Penny was born at the hospital where Kitty worked…though this would probably fit more if Penny was older or around the same age as Laurie. I don’t think I could see Kitty going back to work so soon after Laurie was born.

Lisa, thanks for all those quotes and info on relative mentioned on Red’s side of the family!

I forgot about Cousin Joe! But I’m wondering if Cousin Joe and Uncle Paul are really the kind of cousin and uncle we think they are. I mean in my family we’ve got my mom’s aunts but we don’t call them great aunts it’s just Aunt so and so same with cousins occasionally….usually we don’t use ‘Cousin So and So’ So maybe Cousin Joe isn’t actually Laurie and Eric’s cousin maybe it’s Bernice’s or Red’s. Maybe Uncle Paul is Red’s uncle, Bernice’s brother, I know Kitty called him ‘Paul’ but my dad calls my great aunts by their names minus the aunts part.

Annnd think about it we did kinda see this with Aunt Pearl. I’m thinking she must be Kitty’s aunt and Laurie and Eric call her Aunt Pearl and Red just calls her Pearl.

Can’t explain Jerry though lol. I think I’ve seen him in a few stories that include Red and Kitty flashbacks…

That’s interesting about Marty in ‘Days Like These’ in That ’70s Show too he offers to pay for Bernice’s funeral too and Red declines. Did they ever say if Red was the oldest? I wanna say they did and it fits. It’s hard to imagine Red as the younger brother or even Kurtwood Smith. In Resurrection his character is brother to the town Sheriff and for awhile they never said who was older when they finally did I realized how odd it would feel if Kurtwood Smith was playing the younger brother…wouldn’t be a kicker though if KS really was the youngest sibling in his family lol I think he’s not though, but he might be an only child.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Or even bringing Penny in to replace Laurie once LRK left might have worked out too.
Yeah, if the show wanted to keep a discordant, unpredictable element in the show, Penny would've been perfect.

Quote:
Lisa, thanks for all those quotes and info on relative mentioned on Red’s side of the family!
You're welcome!

Quote:
I forgot about Cousin Joe! But I’m wondering if Cousin Joe and Uncle Paul are really the kind of cousin and uncle we think they are. I mean in my family we’ve got my mom’s aunts but we don’t call them great aunts it’s just Aunt so and so same with cousins occasionally….usually we don’t use ‘Cousin So and So’ So maybe Cousin Joe isn’t actually Laurie and Eric’s cousin maybe it’s Bernice’s or Red’s. Maybe Uncle Paul is Red’s uncle, Bernice’s brother, I know Kitty called him ‘Paul’ but my dad calls my great aunts by their names minus the aunts part.
OMG, now I'm all -- in a funny way. I always took the relative designations at face value since that's how it works in my family, but there's no real way to know how things work in the Forman family, is there? And, yeah, the kids did call their great aunt their "aunt". We need a Forman family tree.

Quote:
That’s interesting about Marty in ‘Days Like These’ in That ’70s Show too he offers to pay for Bernice’s funeral too and Red declines.
Oh, he did? I love that episode. How could I have forgotten that?

Quote:
Did they ever say if Red was the oldest?
Nothing was ever explicitly stated. Red's got several versions of his family, so ... if Marty's his only brother, Red's definitely the oldest. If Red's one among four brothers, then he could be in the middle somewhere. Maybe he and Paul are close in age, like a year apart, which is why they switch off taking Bernice to church on Sunday. Or they simply live close enough to Bernice while Marty ran away to freedom.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

They shouldn't have recast LRK in the first place

But I could have seen them bringing Penny back to live with the Forman's and have it actually making sense
Old 05-17-2014, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
They shouldn't have recast LRK in the first place
Agreed.

Quote:
But I could have seen them bringing Penny back to live with the Forman's and have it actually making sense

But then ... would Fez have married Penny?