Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2021, 03:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quite a hilarious storyline
Old 07-08-2021, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishik5 (View Post)
Quite a hilarious storyline
For us but not for them. An all-out war between Eric and Jackie.

Although ... that is totally something that could've happened during the time of T7S. Now I'm getting fic ideas. Dang it. And I've written it down. Could be fun actually.

If Jackie had moved into the Formans' house (instead of with Donna), into Laurie's room, that house would've become utter chaos.
Old 07-08-2021, 08:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'll read it!
The more ideas you'll get, the merrier
Old 07-09-2021, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'll read it!
I might actually write it, so ... keep an eye out ... for the next year.

Quote:
The more ideas you'll get, the merrier
Yes and no. My imagination allowed me to write an eighty-eight chapter T7S story, which I'm currently posting. Took me over eight years to finish (and revise several times) -- though that was due to many factors.

It is interesting how the Eric/Jackie romantic ship is the second most popular in the active fandom (those who write fanfic, read fanfic, etc.)
Old 07-09-2021, 07:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

Wow. Eight years...The entire T7S show run!
Old 07-10-2021, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Wow. Eight years...The entire T7S show run!
I never thought of it that way ...

Dasha, how would you have liked to see an Eric/Jackie friendship develop?
Old 07-10-2021, 07:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'll have to think of a proper way to "word my words"
I thought about it a lot during my years as a fan of the show, but since English is my second language, i'll need a bit more time.
Old 07-10-2021, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Donna wouldn't want to compromise her career to assuage Jackie's ego.

Eric might become a movie critic just to write bad reviews of Jackie's performances in "otherwise good films."
Old 07-11-2021, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)

Quote:
I'll have to think of a proper way to "word my words"
I thought about it a lot during my years as a fan of the show, but since English is my second language, i'll need a bit more time.
No problem. Take your time.
Old 07-16-2021, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Lol, haha
Old 07-18-2021, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Dasha, how would you have liked to see an Eric/Jackie friendship develop?
Dasha, have you given this question any thought?
Old 07-18-2021, 02:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Writers should've developed them differently instead of always aiming for a cheap joke, that's what i can say. Mila and Topher had enough chemistry to pull off a great frenemy bond, imo. But all opportunities were totally wasted. If only they had couple of meaningful conversations here and there, if Eric got a chance to see Jackie for who she really was, to see the real person behind that mean girl facade...well, that would be great. I think they totally deserved some episodes with a storyline just about them two. Like in S6, but happening dozen times more
Old 07-19-2021, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Writers should've developed them differently instead of always aiming for a cheap joke, that's what i can say. Mila and Topher had enough chemistry to pull off a great frenemy bond, imo. But all opportunities were totally wasted. If only they had couple of meaningful conversations here and there, if Eric got a chance to see Jackie for who she really was, to see the real person behind that mean girl facade...well, that would be great. I think they totally deserved some episodes with a storyline just about them two. Like in S6, but happening dozen times more
The show didn't give Jackie and Eric's relationship (not romantic) any serious thought. No follow-up reaction to Eric's day doing wedding stuff at the mall with Jackie, as if it never happened. No follow-up reaction to Jackie betraying Eric to Kelso in "Jackie's Cheese Squeeze" after they'd agreed upon a (secret) friendship and Eric had supported her. No acknowledgment from Eric for the myriad times Jackie gave Donna a different perspective about Eric's behavior and defused Donna's anger.

All these dots weren't connected by the writers to create a cohesive and satisfying dynamic between Eric and Jackie.
Old 07-19-2021, 07:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

Exactly. One minute they do something that might be a great relationship fundament. The next minute it's just abandoned.
Old 07-20-2021, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Exactly. One minute they do something that might be a great relationship fundament. The next minute it's just abandoned.
Because the writers weren't that interested in developing that relationship beyond antagonism, especially when Laurie wasn't present on the show.

It's similar to Fez and Eric's friendship. Not much there except for one significant episode in season 6 and a few scenes scattered throughout the series.