Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

General Bionic Woman Thread #1: Introduction to the plot

Bionic Woman (2007 TV series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Struggling to make ends meet as a bartender while serving as a surrogate mom to her teenage sister, Jaime Sommers figures that her life couldn't get any more difficult. She is terribly, terribly wrong. Nearly killed in a horrifying car accident, Jamie is saved by a cutting-edge operation -- performed by her boyfriend, Will -- that leaves her with extraordinary new strength, among other artificially enhanced gifts. Now, however, Jamie must figure out how best to use her new abilities while embracing her new bionic identity.

# Jaime Sommers (Michelle Ryan) is a bartender who is involved in a near fatal car accident and becomes the Bionic woman.
# Jonas Bledsoe (Miguel Ferrer) is the apparent director of the Bionics program.
# Ruth Treadwell (Molly Price) is one of the Bionic team members.
# Jae Kim (Will Yun Lee) is one of the Bionic team members.
# Becca Sommers (Lucy Hale) is Jaime's sister. Mae Whitman was originally cast in the role but was subsequently replaced (and her scenes in the pilot episode refilmed) after series production was announced. The character was originally depicted as hearing-impaired, and resentful of her sister. On announcing the recasting, series producers described the revised version of the character as no longer hearing-impaired and a "budding hacker" who may "open a channel" to restoring the relationship between Jaime and her parents.

Season 1, Episode 0: Pilot
Original Air Date: 26 September 2007

A re-imagining of the popular 1970s TV series about improving a human woman with cybernetic implants. The story focuses on a brilliant college drop out, Jamie Sommers played by Michelle Ryan, trying to take care of her rebellious deaf sister, played by Mae Whitman, after the death of their parents. Her love interest, a college professor of Bio-Ethics played by Chris Bowers leads a double life and works for a secret government agency capable of improving humans with specialized nanites and bio-synthetic organs/appendages. The first attempt at doing so failed when the prototype Sarah, played by Katiee Shackoff, grew too powerful to control and decided she no longer wanted to be a lab rat and revolted. Using her military background, she managed to force her way out of the facility after killing many scientists. Sarah would latter lead to the near death of Jamie by driving a semi into her car. The crash killed the unborn baby within her, fathered by the professor. Through the work performed by the professor and the agency, he managed to save Jamie's life by giving her a new arm, leg, eye, ear, and replacing most of her blood with the nanites, giving her great regenerative abilities. Originaly, Jamie rejects her implants angrily. The man in charge of the facility, played by Miguel Ferrer, reminds her that most of her now multi-million dollar body is owned by the government and that she could, at any moment disappear from the world. Jamie manages to leave and unknowingly has a chat at the bar in which she works with Sarah. The implants begin to activate and Sarah introduces herself as the version before her. After an attempt on the Professors life by Sarah, the two have a large battle which exposes both of their weaknesses. Jamie decides she will work for the agency and help it with its missions but on one condition: she still has control over herself and isn't owned by anyone.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread, Pav

What do you think of them not adding the bionic 'sound effects' in the show, that were heard in the original? Below is a youtube video of the trailer where someone added those sound effects in it. Do you think it's better?

Old 08-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

I think I like it better without the sound effects. First I thought it's interesting and makes you realize she's 'different', but... I guess I would be sick of the sound soon.

What do you think, Kelly?
Old 08-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like the sound effects , maybe they could only use it sparingly.

Old 09-03-2007, 05:56 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

The sound effects, don't remind me . I don't know, but overall I think they don't need the sound effects in the new show.

It was kind of nice in the 70's version, but with the new & better special effects they have now I don't think it's needed, it could come across a bit corny if they use sounds effects to underline Jamie's power IMO.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Just watched the pilot. I LOVED IT!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Loyal Fan

really?

how'd you do that?

I can't wait!! I loved the first one and now w/all the effects and what not . . . I just know it's gonna be great
Old 10-02-2007, 04:19 AM
Elite Fan

i really want to see it!
Old 10-04-2007, 06:26 AM
Master Fan

in the pilot does anyone know what song was playing when Jamie first came home and she was like crying int he shower and stuff ??
coz i loved it and i want to download it lol
Old 10-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelanoops (View Post)
in the pilot does anyone know what song was playing when Jamie first came home and she was like crying int he shower and stuff ??
coz i loved it and i want to download it lol
Sia - Breathe me " Or something
Old 10-25-2007, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sound effects? I never watched the original so i'm not sure... was that a good thing, or no?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Definately a good show. I love it because it has the whole super hero vibe to it. Only instead of the guys doing the butt kicking it's a woman which totally rocks!
Emma♥Neal