Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-20-2007, 01:43 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

I saw the trailer for BW on my FNL DVD last night , could have been a bit longer though
Old 09-20-2007, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Bionic Woman trailer is also on the Heroes DVD set.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:26 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Cool, I hope all those trailers will get more people interested in the show
Old 09-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by globe2912 (View Post)
I saw the trailer for BW on my FNL DVD last night , could have been a bit longer though
i wanted to get FNL.. but i think i'll wait it out..

it needs a lot more press though!!
Old 09-23-2007, 02:13 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

I really hope the cast will do some talk show appearances once the show starts, it seems like NBC is giving it almost zero promotion .
Old 09-23-2007, 09:24 AM
Elite Fan

I just "lurked" my way over to the official NBC board for Bionic Woman, and there is a lot of "negative" reactions to the Pilot which many have seen the finished version on Comcast on demand or Amazon unboxed. Not good, the only constant "theme" throughout the negative reviews was the age of the viewership...all over 30. Maybe the younger crowd will like the show better There is always hope

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Loyal Fan

My only problem was the special effects for one thing she can do, other than that, I thought it was great

2 polls from Entertainment Weekly

Which new or reconfigured show will you watch Wednesday nights at 9 pm?

36%
Bionic Woman (NBC)

23%
Private Practice (ABC)

17%
Kitchen Nightmares (FOX)

13%
Gossip Girl (The CW)

11%
Criminal Minds (CBS)

Which new series' star has the biggest breakout potential?

42%
Michelle Ryan, Bionic Woman (NBC)

24%
Zachary Levi, Chuck (NBC)

16%
Lee Pace, Pushing Daisies (ABC)

9%
Kevin McKidd, Journeyman (NBC)

8%
Bret Harrison, Reaper (The CW)
Old 09-24-2007, 01:42 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

As someone who watched the old show back in the day I can see why people are disappointed (especially if you're expecting something similar to the old show from the remake). But it's a remake and things are bound to change, so I hope people will get to love the new show with time as well. I for one will keep my hope up for people to love the show

Thanks for the info Maxx
Old 09-24-2007, 09:39 AM
Loyal Fan

I think if they just remade the 70's show with no tweaks, people would not take it seriously.
A part time spy/school teacher? That's ridicules. Only sent out to stop the bad guys and the people that are controlling her are all good? The world is a bit too cynical for that. They used the goofy sound effects to help make up for the poor special effects. I watched the old show and enjoyed it. It wasn't Masterpiece Theatre and wasn't meant to be, but it also wasn't any sort of sacred territory. If they had remade Battlestar Galactica just like the 70's series it would have been canceled a long time ago.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

I was thinking about the die-hard 70's BSG fans - they were pretty upset about the remake at first (if I recall correctly). As someone who watched the 70's BW and enjoyed it back in the day, I'd never think they'd do a remake in the same style, because (as you said), the world is too cynical for that. Change is necessary with remakes, that's why I hope people will give the show a chance even if they didn't like the pilot.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Elite Fan

Maxx, thanks for posting those poll results. That's encouraging at least.

There is also a Michelle Ryan "breakout star" page in the October issue of Stuff, and a rather sexy pic. I'll try and get that scanned for the thread.

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

News...

Bionic Woman’ Highest-Rated New Show So Far; Beats ‘Private Practice’
Finally, the buzz paid off.

After a slew of much-hyped new shows premiered to merely average ratings, NBC’s heavily marketed “Bionic Woman” conquered a tough field of new and returning shows to win the Wednesday night battleground.

"Bionic" earned a 5.5 rating among adults 18 to 49, topping the premiere of ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" spinoff "Private Practice," which earned a 5.1. "Bionic" is the highest-rated freshman premiere so far this fall, with "Private" coming in second. "Bionic" won its hour despite "Private" having a stronger lead-in and ranks as the highest-rated Wednesday-night NBC series premiere since "The West Wing" in 1999.

“Bionic” fueled the debut of NBC’s cop drama “Life,” which earned a strong 4.1 rating to win the 10 p.m. hour and rank as the third best-rated new show. “Life” topped the season premiere of “CSI: NY” (3.7, down 26 percent from last year) and the debut of ABC’s “Dirty Sexy Money” (3.6, down 22 percent from the premiere of “The Nine” last year, which benefited from a stronger “Lost” lead-in).

The “Bionic” vs. “Private” showdown wounded the rest of the 9 p.m. field. CBS’ “Criminal Minds” was down 22 percent from last year to a 3.5, Fox’s “Kitchen Nightmares” dropped 22 percent in its second week to a 2.4 and The CW’s “Gossip Girl” fell 25 percent to an anorexic 1.2.

At 8 p.m., the “Dancing With the Stars” results show won the hour (an on-par 4.0), followed by the second week of “Kid Nation” (2.8, dropping 10 percent). NBC’s “Deal or No Deal” (2.6) and Fox’s “Back to You” (2.8, down 10 percent) and “Til Death” (2.4) followed. The CW’s “America’s Next Top Model” stayed strong with a 2.4.

Overall, ABC nudged out NBC for the nightly win by a tenth of a point, followed by CBS, Fox and The CW. Among total viewers, ABC's Wednesday night victory was more pronounced, and "Private" topped "Bionic" in overall audience.

Ever since the May upfronts when networks unveiled their fall schedules, Wednesdays have been the most-discussed night, given the intense array of competition. “Bionic” has topped buzz-tracking measures all summer, while the reputation of “Private Practice” was dented by a backdoor pilot that aired in May. In the past week, however, any sense that buzz produces viewers seemed to go out the window as the drumbeats of publicity for CBS’ “Kid Nation,” NBC’s “Chuck” and The CW’s “Reaper” went largely unheeded.

The only safe bet for breakout numbers seemed to be with returning hits, such as NBC’s “Heroes” and Fox’s “House.” Both “Bionic” and “Private” (the latter of which, had it aired on any other night, would have likely dominated headlines this morning) show that freshman premieres can still draw significant tune-in.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Haha. Loved that they beat PP.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjames23 (View Post)
Haha. Loved that they beat PP.
here, here!!
Old 09-27-2007, 11:16 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

I never expected BW to beat PP (with all the hype about PP), so for BW