Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2014, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

Possible Board Closure Discussion - Board to Close on June 29

Myself and Christina have been discussing this, and we think that it may be time to close this board. Our post counts have been declining over the past few months and we have very few regular posters. As you know, Fan Forum requires that we average at least 15 posts per day, with lower numbers than that leading to warnings and then possible closure of the board. We would prefer to go out under our own terms rather than be forced to close due to low post counts.

Please let us know what you think. We'd be glad to hear any suggestions or advice to renew interest here. Remember that to keep the board going, we need the commitment of a few regular, dedicated posters. As much as we love this board, please don't just post to "save" the board and then disappear again, because we'll be in the same position that we're in now if you do.

We are both very sorry to let this board go, and we've really enjoyed modding this board, but we do think it's time to say goodbye,

Thanks.

Other places to discuss GG on
Blake Lively thread
Chace Crawford board
Ed Westwick board
Jessica Szhor board
Leighton Meester board
Penn Badgley board
Sebastian Stan board
Taylor Momson thread
There are also several threads to discuss the various couples from the show, over at the Couples board.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm certainly not able to commit to help keep it going because LIFE...

but I love you both dearly for all your work, THANK YOU SO MUCH.

x

love, Janey
Old 06-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

aww this is so sad. I spent a lot of time in this board posting and mostly lurking while the show was on CB were one of my very first ships (and still are my number 1) and Gossip Girl was one of the first shows I became addicted to. (really addicted )

I spent some super happy and very sad moments here, but the posters made everything awesome. If you do close it, I just wanted to say thank you for everything to the mods and to everyone that ever posted on this board. THANK YOU!!!
Old 06-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I totally understand. I will miss coming here. Thank you so much.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Wow...this is sad but I understand. Truly the end of an era if you decide to close. I agree it would be worse to see the board forced to close.

I was never a regular poster (more like a regular lurker way back when...) but it has always been fun to pop in and see what survivor challenge was going around, stare at pretty pictures for a little pick-me-up. I echo the thanks - THANK YOU, Dani & Christina for keeping the board going after the show. I'm sure it gave lots of fans a place to fangirl (or fanboy) after the show ended and also keep tabs on our fav actors.

Thanks so much & we'll see everyone on the other boards/online elsewhere!

Old 06-09-2014, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

Sad to hear it, but completely understandable.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I object!
Old 06-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's better to go out by choice. Tough decision to make but an understandable one.

You've both been amazing mods here!
Old 06-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

WOW! This is kinda shocking.

It was my first board coming to and the reason I joined in the first place. it's sad to see that it may be closing.

But the show's been over for a bit already. AND! luckily, 6 cast members have boards here (and we had Blake & Taylor for a bit, too), so that's impressive. We do have plenty of places to gush and rant and rave and love and spew still around . It's just crazy to see. This place used to be #1 for ages. But I also think a lot of it was couples and there's only so much to say.

hell, I stopped watching after Cece died and can't find the will to even finish the show. So I just stick to my two boards. lol

Terribly difficult decision. Sucks that it's a strong possibility.

We had a lot of great times around here.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

sorry to hear this, but understandable.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

I am very sad to see the board closing, but I really do understand, I do. I hope to see everyone on the Chace and Sebastian boards.

Donna
Old 06-11-2014, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

It breaks my heart to see this thread up, but I just wanted to let Christina and Dani know that I respect and understand their decision. I'm sure that it wasn't an easy decision to make, but this board has had it's run and it's been amazing. I believe that it's the 2nd board to have reached 2, 000 000 posts, the first one being One Tree Hill. And the Chuck and Blair thread was the first one to reach 2000 threads in history.

For me, this was the first board I've moderated and sadly the first board I stepped down from. I've been here for as long as I remember, and there were times when the Chuck and Blair thread was a second home for me. I've been there for over 2000 threads (thread #15), and I've made some great friends - and some people have left us, and some stayed but this board means so much to me even if I haven't posted much lately.

With that said, the board has had its run and it's been amazing, and now it's time to say goodbye. It's better to let it go than to keep it only to let it slowly die, and have it go below 15 posts and then worse.

Christina & Dani, thank you for keeping it alive as long as you could. You've done an amazing job and you've been amazing mods. I'll see you at the Ed and Leighton boards, and over at the CB thread.

i love you. ♡
Old 06-11-2014, 06:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Thank you all for your kind words.

This wasn't an easy decision for Dani and I to make and, of course, we would love to see this board keep going if people have an interest/ideas on how to keep it up. But neither one of us wants to see it continue to lose posters and be forced to close, especially me as this board is the reason why I joined . It has been great fun posting with you all and discussing the show long after it ended, which as a binge watcher I thought I'd miss out on.

Christina | vote Natalie Dormer | icon
Old 06-12-2014, 02:35 AM
Master Fan

Aw I opened my account for this show and this is the board where I made my first post. But with the couple and actors threads we'll still be able to post about the show
Old 06-13-2014, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aw, this is so sad, but totally understandable. I've been in this position and it sure isn't an easy one.

It's just a shame, just when I am finally catching up on the rest of the show.