last dance | chuck & blair - YouTube
come back when you can | chuck&blair - YouTube
one week of danger (chuck&blair) - YouTube
teenage dream (chuck&blair) - YouTube
for the first time (chuck&blair) - YouTube
what hurts the most (chuck&blair) collab w/Carryyourheart - YouTube
'cause i'm broken (chuck&blair) for Car. - YouTube
i wanna run away from love (chuck&blair) - YouTube
sweet and low (chuck&blair/nate&serena) [collab w/ xGreysAnatomyFan93x] - YouTube
unbeautiful (chuck&blair) - YouTube
love song requiem (chuck&blair) - YouTube
find a way (chuck&blair) - YouTube
if we ever meet again (chuck&blair) - YouTube
bad romance (chuck&blair)[Collab w/Bombonrosa] - YouTube
all i need (chuck&blair) - YouTube
jump then fall (chuck&blair) - YouTube
everything i ask for (chuck&blair) - YouTube
crazier (chuck&blair) - YouTube
breathe in, breathe out (chuck&blair) - YouTube
hazy (chuck&blair) - YouTube
best of me (chuck&blair) - YouTube
i can carry you (chuck&blair) - YouTube
every other time (chuck&blair) - YouTube
two is better than one (chuck&blair) - YouTube
season of love (chuck&blair) - YouTube
Chuck&Blair | Fix you - YouTube
Chuck/Blair; a great love - YouTube
the imprint is always there | chuck and blair "nothing is ever really forgotten" - YouTube
I travel back, down that road | chuck & blair - YouTube
It's About The Journey not Destination... - YouTube
under the sheets | chuck & blair - YouTube
Chuck & Blair || Get Up ♥ - YouTube
You Are T h e O n e; C&B Tribute [season1 - season3] - YouTube
Chuck & Blair: Sing it out (For my CB GIRLIES) - YouTube
Stolen | Chuck/Blair - YouTube

top moments

Christina | vote Natalie Dormer | icon

Last edited by Blairღ; 04-10-2014 at 12:56 PM
Old 04-10-2014, 12:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Bringing this over so we can discuss:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
YES!!! PERFECT!!!

Sources

x

Okay, I'm actually glad they left that out because it would have made everything after that, and especially after 5x13, all the more painful.

Old 04-10-2014, 01:02 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT Christina

Here are the list of songs we have gathered for a fanmix:

Quote:
"Stay" - Rihanna

"Clarity" - Zedd

"Lover to Lover" - Florence + the Machine

"If I Had a Boat" - James Vincent McMorrow

"Howl" - Florence + the Machine

"Feel This (Love Fall Down)" - Enation

"New York" - Snow Patrol

"Never Let Me Go" - Florence + The Machine

"All I Want" - Kodaline

"Something I Need" - One Republic

"Salvation" - Gabrielle Aplin

"Lover of the Light" - Mumford and Sons

"Legohouse" - Ed Sheeran

"A Thousand Years" - Christina Perri

"Demons" - Imagine Dragons

"Staring At It" - Safetysuit

"The Mess I Made" - Parachute

"Poison and Wine" - The Civil Wars

"Losing Your Memory" - Ryan Starr

"Fix You" - Coldplay

"Mine Again" - Black Lab feat Kristin Kelly

"Too Late" - M83

"Video Games" - Lana del Rey

"Summertime Sadness" - Lana del Rey

"Skinny Love" - Birdy

"Say Something" - A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera

"Let Her Go" - Passenger

"Center of Attention" - Jackson Waters (Alt. Version)

"The Scientist" - Coldplay

"Signs" - Bloc Party

"Delicate" - Damien Rice

"With Me" - SUM41

"One Week of Danger" - The Virgins

"Secret Smile" - Semisonic

"Angels" - The xx

"Butterflies" - Sia

"That's Alright" - Fleetwood Mac

"Breaking the Habit" - Linkin Park
If no one has anymore suggestions, we can start to finalise the final song list and order.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:38 PM
Master Fan

Tfnt!
Old 04-10-2014, 05:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by varietyofwords (View Post)
Bringing this over so we can discuss:

Okay, I'm actually glad they left that out because it would have made everything after that, and especially after 5x13, all the more painful.
Yeah I agree. It would've made it even more painful.
But it also foreshadowed how much Blair was going to test him in the next several episodes
"I love you. I'm sorry I doubted it or ever made you doubt it"
~ Blair

"I never will again"
~ Chuck

Season 5 was really one big long test for Chuck. I know some Chuck fans feel it was just cruelty (and the yappy little crowd of Bass haters think it was a gift to them ) but I see it as the writers PROVING that Chuck had grown so he could end up with Blair.

Notably the writers touched on the two areas that affect Chuck the deepest:
Family and Blair.

Family:
They had him go through family drama AGAIN but this time he didn't react like he did in late S3 (the IP) or S4 (4.20)

Blair:
They had him REALLY lose Blair in a consequential manner and showed him waiting for her to come back in contrast to him leaving the Empire State Building after she was 5 minutes late (3.22) and in contrast to him trying to move on with Raina in S4. He respected her decision in contrast to him scheming & trying to manipulate her in late S3. He didn't have a drug & whore fueled breakdown like he did in late S3.

Important Point:
Remember how good Chuck was leading up to 5.17? How he'd done things like stop the priest from ruining her wedding, had tried to make it easier for Blair to move on (5.07), had stopped Louis from abandoning her (5.04), etc.
Blair STILL rejected him despite how good he'd been.
But did Chuck become a bitter, entitled jackass bent on revenge against her for daring to make her own choice? (Chew on that for a second)

Moreover, no other guy showed more selfless love for Blair.
Other guys did nice things for her but Blair credited them for their nice actions as Princes, nice guys, best friends, etc. In contrast Chuck constantly did things anonymously for Blair's happiness and never got an iota of credit
Yeah tell me again how terrible he is. What a NARCISSIST he is. SMDH.

Notice I didn't even have to call up the "DHumps is Gossip Girl" or other dudes cheating on her (with her best friend no less ) stories to prove what Blair said in 6.07
"No one is better for me than you"
Old 04-11-2014, 04:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tversky (View Post)

Important Point:
Remember how good Chuck was leading up to 5.17? How he'd done things like stop the priest from ruining her wedding, had tried to make it easier for Blair to move on (5.07), had stopped Louis from abandoning her (5.04), etc.
Blair STILL rejected him despite how good he'd been.
But did Chuck become a bitter, entitled jackass bent on revenge against her for daring to make her own choice? (Chew on that for a second)

Moreover, no other guy showed more selfless love for Blair.
Other guys did nice things for her but Blair credited them for their nice actions as Princes, nice guys, best friends, etc. In contrast Chuck constantly did things anonymously for Blair's happiness and never got an iota of credit
Yeah tell me again how terrible he is. What a NARCISSIST he is. SMDH.

Notice I didn't even have to call up the "DHumps is Gossip Girl" or other dudes cheating on her (with her best friend no less ) stories to prove what Blair said in 6.07
"No one is better for me than you"
I swear Chuck has to be the most groundlessly loathed character ever. And even now he's generally seen as the bad guy, as opposed to Dan (???) who'd be the sweet one.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

PERFECT TITLE!!!!!

TFTNT C!

The scene is gorgeous but yeah it would make us get hurt more. On the other hand it would also make us to see Chuck's POV more too.

I am glad they left it out too; but I really adore that he says "We are right where we belong. Together" and that they are also in a back of a limo (towncar).

Cute article x

Quote:
Chuck Bass and Blair Waldorf are one of TV’s most-loved couples. They went from being enemies to lovers and back and forth for all six seasons of the hit show and brought viewers on every different kind of trip possible between all of the breakups, schemes, tender moments and more. This is a list of the 10 Best Moments of the couple.

1. Prom Queen Ballot (S02E24)

Probably the sweetest moment of this series came when Blair won Prom Queen against all of the odds and sabotages of her minions. Although Chuck had already perfected Blair’s outfit and entire day prior leading up to the dance (keeping in line with Blair’s scrapbook), he took it one step further by placing in 150 votes ‘for’ Blair and taking out Nelly Yuki’s votes to secure the crown for Blair. Even though it initially went unnoticed by Blair herself, Serena and Dan both found out what Chuck had done and called it as it was: sweet. Something Chuck Bass isn’t exactly known for being.

2. Chuck on Rooftop (S02E14)

After Bart Bass’ death, Chuck disappears and is eventually found in Bangkok by his loving Uncle Jack. After continuous drinking and a party at Victrola, Chuck finds himself on the rooftop mere inches away from a drunken fall to his death. Blair knows exactly where to find him and helps talk him off of the ledge by explaining how much he means to her, “whatever you want to do to yourself, please don’t do that to me!”

3. Strip Tease (S01E07)

Soon after explaining to Blair his intentions of purchasing a burlesque club, Chuck finds Blair in Victrola after her break-up with Nate. Blair is more interested in showing off her feelings than talking about them and goes up on stage after being dared by Chuck. Not only does she do her thing but she was impressive at it as well! Chuck was attentive the entire time and this moment marked the beginning of the Chuck and Blair era that we know and love.

4. Limo Scene (S01E07)

After leaving the club, Chuck and Blair head home in Chuck’s limo. Blair is newly-single and feeling great after letting her inhibitions go at the club and a short makeout session eventually leads to Blair losing her virginity to Chuck in the limo. What was at the time a secret that Blair kept deeply hidden afterwards would be the first intimate moment that we see between the two that changed everything.

5. White Party (S02E01)

The White Party gave us all a very monumental line that would repeat itself throughout the second season of Gossip Girl. Although Blair attended the party with Lord Marcus, she was willing to end the night with Chuck by delivering this kicker: “eight letters, three words, say them and I’m yours.” Unfortunately, Chuck could not say them just yet. That does not change the iconic nature of the end of that episode, though!

6. “I love you” (S02E25)

When Chuck was finally able to say those three words, man, was it a special time. The last episode of Season Two brought us this great moment between Chuck and Blair. Blair explained how consuming her love for Chuck was and for the first time, Chuck was able to say it back. He gave Blair gifts from his different stops in Europe that he had just traveled through and explains that although he was not planning to buy her the different things, he saw her everywhere that he went and knew that he had to.

7. The scheming

Chuck and Blair together are the most dynamic duo that you can find on television. They’re equal parts conniving and manipulative and so similar while being so perfectly like-minded and compatible. From teaming up to take down Georgina Sparks to helping save Chuck’s business from Jack Bass, when these two got together we knew that whatever task was at hand was going to get done. Typically, followed by a reconciling of the couple or one of their many breakups.

8. Empire State Building (S03E22)

Potentially one of the most iconic meet-ups in the show, the Empire State Building situation was equally heartwarming and heartbreaking. At the beginning of the twenty-second episode of Season Three, Blair was afraid of being hurt and it was getting in the way of her being able to be with Chuck. Aside from those feelings, Chuck told her to meet him at the top of the Empire State Building at 7:01 if she wanted to be with him. Blair eventually made the decision to meet him but as she was leaving to do so, Dorota went into labor causing Blair to miss her meeting time. Chuck was prepared with Blair’s favorite flowers and an engagement ring that would eventually be stolen by muggers who would shoot Chuck. Their feelings were in the right place just not at the right time, as usual.

9. Wedding (S05E13)

At Louis and Blair’s wedding, Chuck tries his hardest to sway Blair away from marrying Prince Louis. Blair professes her love to him but is not willing to cancel the wedding. Georgina Sparks does her magic and ruins the loving nature of the wedding and of Blair and Louis’ marriage.

10. Little Chuck (S06E10)

Potentially the best thing to come from the series finale of Gossip Girl was not finding out Gossip Girl’s identity or even learning who and who get married. The happiest part was seeing the adorable Henry Bass. It wrapped up the tumultuous story that was Chuck and Blair’s romance and showed that even the hardest of hearts can be softened and happiness can be found! There is nothing more that “Chair” fans wanted from the couple more than lifelong happiness and with Henry by their side, they are sure to find that.

Last edited by lessismore; 04-11-2014 at 05:07 AM
Old 04-11-2014, 08:04 AM
Master Fan

Guys, I know this is completely unrelated but... Is there any tumblog where I can find decent gifs of Ed in R&J? All gifs are welcome of course, but it seems odd to me that nobody made some quality edit to reblog. I mean it's Ed!

This article is golden and 100% right CB made ship history
Old 04-11-2014, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

tftnt!
Old 04-11-2014, 12:07 PM
Passionate Fan

cK,
that list you posted is cute but I disagree with #8 and #9. Also, WHERE IS THE TRAIN SCENE?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blairღ (View Post)
If no one has anymore suggestions, we can start to finalise the final song list and order.
Are we having another song survivor? Rora will never post here again if we do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tversky (View Post)
Season 5 was really one big long test for Chuck. I know some Chuck fans feel it was just cruelty (and the yappy little crowd of Bass haters think it was a gift to them ) but I see it as the writers PROVING that Chuck had grown so he could end up with Blair.
And this is one thing I loved about S5 -- being shown rather than told that Chuck was prepared to be in a healthy, long-term relationship with Blair. I don't think it was cruel to test him (and Blair loved to do that in earlier seasons); I think it was cruel how the writers stunted Blair for so long, but that's another discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
Guys, I know this is completely unrelated but... Is there any tumblog where I can find decent gifs of Ed in R&J? All gifs are welcome of course, but it seems odd to me that nobody made some quality edit to reblog. I mean it's Ed!
There are some posted in Ed's thread on this board. There's also an entire thread dedicated to the movie on Ed's board. cK made some lovely edits and so did Sarah and Chris. I'm sure there are more. I just recently saw the movie so those are the only ones I've reblogged so far.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
There are some posted in Ed's thread on this board. There's also an entire thread dedicated to the movie on Ed's board. cK made some lovely edits and so did Sarah and Chris. I'm sure there are more. I just recently saw the movie so those are the only ones I've reblogged so far.
Thank you! Omg "my hair was perfect too", I'll be rolling on the floor forever

Quote:
I think it was cruel how the writers stunted Blair for so long, but that's another discussion.
Cruel, wrong, and ultimately damaging for the show.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Chuck Bass and Blair Waldorf are one of TV’s most-loved couples. They went from being enemies to lovers and back and forth for all six seasons of the hit show and brought viewers on every different kind of trip possible between all of the breakups, schemes, tender moments and more.
I disagree with this blurb, in that they didn't go from being enemies to lovers...one of the many things I love about Chuck/Blair as a couple that they were friends first, and for years at that. That besides the friendship they had with each other, they were also part of a group of friends who had known each other for years, and would all be there for each other --which was great.

Because Chuck and Blair had a lot of common traits, not just scheming and being huge snobs (though they did also have that), but also had the bond that came from the whole NJBC being each other's family, for years (given the various crappy states of their own families). And it was a shared trait that both Chuck and Blair were very loyal to the select group they cared for...which included each other for years as friends. It's one of the reasons they get each other, besides their personalities having a lot in common...they have years of knowing what they other has done, what has shaped them, what's important to them. And that's why each one can 'see right through' the other, or 'read them like tea leaves.'

So yeah, I think it's discounted (especially by some, ha! and ) that Chuck and Blair had been friends since kindergarten but they then added to that by later becoming lovers and partners in every sense of the word. Also about that blurb...I don't know that I think they were ever really enemies though. They were upset with each other at times, more Blair upset at Chuck than visa versa (and usually understandably so...though don't talk to me about S5...because ugh...talk about character decimation to Blair), but truly enemies? More acting out, trying to keep a connection between them, and their not dealing with the strong emotions that really still lay between them. Though I guess to quote Chuck 'maybe just try therapy next time?' On the other hand...if their not dealing with it led to that hot 'hate' sex on the piano and all the later 'hate' sex they had later? And that in turn led back to their being scheming partners and realizing they were still friends? Well, it was kind of worth it. (though nothing was worth what led to their being estranged to begin with, or what it led to after...shudder...ugh Safy).

Last edited by JonStewart4President; 04-11-2014 at 10:50 PM
Old 04-12-2014, 03:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
they didn't go from being enemies to lovers...one of the many things I love about Chuck/Blair as a couple that they were friends first, and for years at that.
True. They've probably known each other for at least half of their lives, they just had different focuses before the show took off.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:45 AM
Passionate Fan

Yes, people too quickly discount that they were friends before they ever became anything else. The first few episodes with Blair scheming against Serena prove that. She and Chuck have clearly worked together on past schemes and know what each other likes and dislikes. If she and Chuck were enemies, Blair would never call on him to help in a scheme. I mean, she's enemies with Georgina and she got so angry with Chuck for bringing in Georgina in S2 to help with the Poppy Lipton scheme.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:39 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yes, people too quickly discount that they were friends before they ever became anything else. The first few episodes with Blair scheming against Serena prove that. She and Chuck have clearly worked together on past schemes and know what each other likes and dislikes. If she and Chuck were enemies, Blair would never call on him to help in a scheme. I mean, she's enemies with Georgina and she got so angry with Chuck for bringing in Georgina in S2 to help with the Poppy Lipton scheme.
In the pilot we see Blair, Chuck, Nate and the minions, partying in the back of Chuck's limo. Even though Blair wasn't getting high with Chuck, Nate and the minions, she certainly was drinking enough champagne and indulging in hijinx (wacky or otherwise) with Chuck and having fun with him. Also I find it amusing on a fan level (the hypocrisy how it burnssss), how little Blair cared what Chuck did to Jenny during the party. It's not one of her most attractive qualities, but Blair seems to have a tendency to blame the women and forgive the men, for 'transgressions' more.

And sure Blair hated Georgina, but in S5...even after Georgina had a huge part in screwing up her 'fairytale' marriage to Louis...Blair was approaching Georgina to get help to get her out of said marriage. Not like Blair could scheme herself anymore, so she had to have someone she still disliked and distrusted (and rightly so, see also: video, wedding) to do stuff for her weak widdle (but evidently this makes her more self-actualized for some ) self. But of course when Blair was actually self-actualized (and not some bizarro world version of it) and discovering her true self, her strength for herself again...she was scheming with/for Chuck and of course, working with their mutual lifelong friends to do so. And all was right with the world (or at least starting to be set back to rights )