Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2014, 07:41 AM
Master Fan

Help Us Celebrate Gossip Girl Day - scene nomination thread

To celebrate Gossip Girl Day on January, 26th (yay!), we are hosting a poll for the best Gossip Girl scene ever! ()

To nominate a scene for the poll, just leave a comment in this thread with a description of the scene and the episode the scene is from. Feel free to link to/embed the scene from YouTube or/and include screencaps/art of the scene.

⇉ You can nominate up to THREE scenes
⇉ Feel free to nominate ship scenes but please remember to consider the show as a whole as well.
⇉ Feel free to discuss the scenes you or others have nominated. We'd love to hear why you love a particular scene!
⇉ Have fun
Old 01-20-2014, 03:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

God only knows how hard it is for me with the 3rd one...But ships aside, here we go:

1.TSS (402). No explanation needed. BEST. SCENE. EVER. IMHO
2.SND (201): Serena and Nate kissing in front of Duchess Catherine and Dan being "Pretty. Damn. Angry". Kind of have this weird obsession with the scene and the song.IDK why
3. Chuck and Serena at the Palace bar drinking (the Pilot). That must be the one that made me fell for Chuckles.

And it's against the rules but the close second is Duck's "Are you gay?" scene. It's just too good not to be mentioned.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

1. 112 - I loved how Nate protected Blair.
2. 312 - Nate was there for Serena.
3. 208 - Nate and Jenny's kiss at the end.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Lizabetta Lautner (View Post)
1. 112 - I loved how Nate protected Blair.
2. 312 - Nate was there for Serena.
Not quite sure what scenes you mean exactly - could you describe them a bit more?
Old 01-21-2014, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

In 112, Nate thought that Blair was the one who had the key to the school and he took the fall but it was Serena who had the key.,

In 312, after Tripp leave Serena after the accident, Nate was there in the hospital room with Serena.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

3. "You're kinda not invited" 1x01:
I'm not sure why I love this scene so much. It just has a special place in my GG heart. Also it's the scene that made me love Blair.

2. Thanksgiving scene Season 3x11. "Oh, whatcha you say?":
Does it really need explaining? It was just plain awesome.

1. "Who is Gossip Girl?" 2x25:
The bar scene with everyone there, except for Chuck, and them getting a text message that everybody is Gossip Girl. I just love it so much because it shows that Gossip Girl is not just one person it's all of them, because they send in all the tips and Gossip Girl just publishes them.
Obviously, I have lots of favorite scenes and many of them include CB, but I tried to write down my favorite Gossip Girl...almost the whole cast scenes.

i love you. ♡
Old 01-21-2014, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

1. 209 - When Nate helps Jenny with her guerrilla fashion show and they kiss.
2. 312 - The cafe scene with Nate and Dan talking about what Dan should do about Vanessa.
3. 504 - Dan's book comes out and the fallout from what he wrote.

Donna
Old 01-21-2014, 09:18 PM
Passionate Fan

1x17 - "You can tell us anything. We don't judge. We're the non-judging Breakfast Club. We're your best friends." When Serena makes her confession as to why she left the UES. 1st EVER NJBC scene.

2x25 - "I Love You Too" Chuck finally says the special '3 words, 8 letters'.

6x10 - (At the Bethseda fountain) After all the hurt, pain, trouble, ups and downs; Chuck and Blair are finally together (for good) and married.

This is very hard. I have so many favorite scenes. I feel bad for leaving out the others. Feels like I've cheated them out of a nomination. Anyway, at the moment the top three are really speaking to me at the moment. Ask me in a few days and my top three will be completely different.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:25 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozanna (View Post)
1x17 - "You can tell us anything. We don't judge. We're the non-judging Breakfast Club. We're your best friends." When Serena makes her confession as to why she left the UES. 1st EVER NJBC scene.
There are literally TONS of scenes from Season 1 that I'd love to nominate, but I'm with Moo here () so I'll choose the NJBC's one from 1.17.
My favs:
1.17 - "We're the Non Judging Breakfast Club"
2.1 - "I know what that pin means to you" - The Garden Scene
4.2 - "It wouldn't be my world without you in it" - The Train Station Scene
Old 01-22-2014, 06:43 AM
New Fan

1. 1x17 - The NJBC scene. I love how everyone is there for Serena.
2. 4x02 - The Chuck and Blair train station scene. So many feels. One of the most beautiful scenes.
3. 6x10 - At Serena's wedding in Chuck and Blair's house. I like how everyone is amicable to each other. And, of course, how happy they are after everything they've gone through.

That was the hardest thing I did in my life! It's not so easy to pick just 3 scenes out of 6 seasons. Also Chuck and Blair kept demanding to be in all of the three spots.

Last edited by henryspbowtie; 01-24-2014 at 09:10 AM
Old 01-22-2014, 07:24 AM
New Fan

So hard to choose...there are so many:

1.) 1x10 when they're all dancing to The Pierces at cotillion. It's so UES.
2.) 2x24 the blerena talk in prom at the end scene. Serena said: "We raised each other."
3.) 3x12 Chair + hospital scene "You carry people, you carry me."
Old 01-22-2014, 07:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Lizabetta Lautner (View Post)
In 112, Nate thought that Blair was the one who had the key to the school and he took the fall but it was Serena who had the key.
Do you mean the scene where Blair finds out that Nate took the fall for her?

So many great scenes nommed! Surprised no-one has yet to mention my two faves!
Old 01-22-2014, 08:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Thank you all for nominating. It's going to be hard to pick on the final poll, although no one has nominated my three favorites yet. One of them I'm not surprised about. I think I'm the only one who likes that scene.

Christina | vote Natalie Dormer | icon
Old 01-22-2014, 09:24 AM
Loyal Fan

1X17 the NJBC scene. Shows that no matter what fractured them momentarily, that ultimately they would be there for each other.

2x24 Blair and Serena on the Met steps where they're right where they want to be...with each other, that they're more than best friends, they're sisters and helped raise each other. sniff.

6x10 the Flashforward. Henry alone makes that scene for me but I love that everyone is together and seemingly at peace in their lives/where they were meant to be, still in each other's lives, but now just in adult/healthy ways.

I had tons of scenes I love for my m/f couple, but I couldn't choose just three of them. ha!
Old 01-22-2014, 09:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

What a great idea! But this is impossible! Other than some of those that have been mentioned, here's my three...

1) 1.07 - "With Me" scene. Not just because of Chuck and Blair's famous limo scene, but I said throughout seasons 5 and 6 that scene predicted the final series endgame. Dan and Serena were together. Nate had to be there for his family but ultimately he ended up alone. Jenny went home to her mom's in Hudson. Although Rufus and Lily didn't end up together in the end, in their 1.07 scene, they're cuddling and enjoying each other's company. It was perfect.

2) 2.13 - I hate to nominate another ship scene, but I think the "Signs" scene was one of the most powerful moment of the series for me. Eleanor and Cyrus get married, and I think for Blair, it's a moment when she is not only happy for her mom, but when she sees a UES can be about true love and not pragmatics. Of course, we know that Chuck reaches out to Blair and they have their hug, which is a HUGE point in that ship's development. But there's so much going on in the Dan and Serena, and Rufus and Lily stories at the time.

3) 6.10 - Flash forward to Dan and Serena's wedding. I wrote an entire fic about what I wanted to happen after that scene. I think it is my absolute favorite scene in Gossip Girl. Everyone is happy and together and connected. And HENRY is the first of a new generation to come. I actually wanted another season just starting with that scene!