Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2021, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

David&Brenda|Brian&Shannen #3: Because for a long time, Brian was the only reboot member who knew that Shannen's cancer had returned

The 3rd Brenda Walsh and David Silver Appreciation Thread

& Shannen Doherty and Brian Austin Green Real-Life Friendship

credit to: sarah01

>>ShanDo and BAG<<

>>Shippers<<
1. charmingbrenda
2. KellAndSteve4Ever
3. ~carnival-heights~
4. liltashaq
5. loveslullaby
6. Ruby_Slippers
7. Brenda Walsh
8. claudypritz
9. satisfy the crave
10. she.is.not.you
11. falling slowly
12. bhills90210
13. KellyChoseBrandon
14. B.Chambers
15. quin611
16. kika_m
17. memory91
18. ChinaTequilia
19. BrucasBangelBrylan
20. Kelly_Dylan
21. Crystal Clear

>>Reasons<<
1. Because Shannen and Brian Are real life friends
2. Because Brenda and David were both great dancers
3. Because they both love Donna
4. Because they had few but memorable moments on and off cam
5. Because when Kelly and Donna didn't like him, she still did
6. Because they have a great chemistry on their little moments together
7. Because we love how incredibly hott they are together
8. Because of how they talk to each other and the look in each others eyes, very sincere
9. Because we can feel their off screen friendship on screen
10. Because we can tell the writers are getting ready for Brenda to leave yet their friendship stays the same
11. Because they always say the sweetest thing about each other throughout the years
12. Because Brian stood up for Shannen when nobody seems to understand her
13. Because they party together during their 90210 days

>>On Each Other's Mind<<
"There's one thing I have to say about Shannen," Green says thoughtfully. "Everybody calls her a b*tch, but from day one of 90210 it's always been about the work for her. If she doesn't think something's good, she's gonna insist that it's changed and made better. Not because she's this control freak, but... How bad is it that your lead actress wants the show to be better? I'm not saying she's always used the best tactics, but if people would step outside their egos and try to understand that she's aggressive because she's passionate, it would be better. But they want to jump to a quick conclusion and just say she's 'difficult'."

"People acted like Shannen was the only person who caused trouble I can assure you she wasn't."
- BAG on ShanDo

"Brian Austin Green is adorable and whenever I see him out, we're always very friendly to one another."

"Brian Austin Green did a show with my friend, Freddie Prinze Jr. His wife, Sarah Michelle Gellar, is a friend of mine, so I keep in touch with Brian through Freddie."
-ShanDo on BAG

>>Their real-life friendship through Shannen's battle with cancer<<

Brian told USWeekly: 'I don’t want to speak about her too much, but it’s a hard situation. I mean, you know, cancer is not ********** easy for anyone.

And I love Shannen, and we’ve always had a great relationship, and she’s strong. She’ll get through this and get out of this what she’s supposed to get out of this.'

The 46-year-old added: 'Adversity only makes us stronger, if we let it, and it does with her, for sure.

'She’s a really ********** good person. She’s a really good person, and so she deserves all the well-wishers and all the friendships that she has.'

Doherty was diagnosed a year ago, but she kept it a secret while filming the recent reboot BH90210 to all of her castmates but Green.

She said: 'Prior to shooting, he would always call me and say, "Listen, you know, whatever happens, I have your back."
[source]

>>Arts of the Thread<<

credit to: charmingbrenda

>>Icons<<

Brian and Shannen filming 1x05 of BH90210 ❦

Previous threads:

#1 / #2
Skam Italia icon
Gwen

Last edited by Crystal Clear; 03-04-2021 at 04:17 AM
Old 03-03-2021, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread!

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-03-2021, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt!
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 03-03-2021, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe someone could find the first thread to add to the OP? I think the title was something like "Because they won the dance contest together."

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-04-2021, 02:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

You're welcome guys!

You might have noticed the OP updates. I got rid of several broken pics and replaced them with newer Brian/Shannen pics, plus I added a section about their friendship during her cancer reveal in the quotes section.

Just wanted to make the thread more fresh and appealing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
Maybe someone could find the first thread to add to the OP? I think the title was something like "Because they won the dance contest together."
I will try and find it, I don't think it was linked to the 2nd thread. Might take a while but will do my best!
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-04-2021, 03:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
You might have noticed the OP updates. I got rid of several broken pics and replaced them with newer Brian/Shannen pics, plus I added a section about their friendship during her cancer reveal in the quotes section.

Just wanted to make the thread more fresh and appealing
Yes yes, I wanted to praise you. Very nice and matching colors and shades! Good job!

Quote:
I will try and find it, I don't think it was linked to the 2nd thread. Might take a while but will do my best!
It is not linked indeed. Of course, just if you find it!

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-04-2021, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ Brian's half-asleep look in the first pic I can relate.

Quote:
Yes yes, I wanted to praise you. Very nice and matching colors and shades! Good job!
Merci! Twas my pleasure. The OP needed a good refresher.

Quote:
It is not linked indeed. Of course, just if you find it!
Looks like I'll have to do it the hard way and scroll all the way back through pages... Tried to cheat and look it up on Google but it only shows that the second thread was started on March 2nd 2012 (!!!) Maybe it's been archived? Anyway I'll look as best as I can

UPDATE: FOUND IT! Adding
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-04-2021, 04:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bravo, Gwen!

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-04-2021, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

It was on page 29

It was so funny, looking back at the 50s/60s pages where all the anti threads are
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-04-2021, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It was on page 29
Oh God. It must have been, like, more than 10 years ago.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-04-2021, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Luckily, I sped up the process by checking every 4th page

It was actually enjoyable, looking back at some of the old threads.

We called DB 'dancing duo' back then
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-04-2021, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It was actually enjoyable, looking back at some of the old threads.
We had some great conversations. And sometimes I realize we shared fantastic photos I thought we've never seen before until recently

Quote:
We called DB 'dancing duo' back then
I remember that Ah well, I am not big on shipper names.

It would be good had Brenda won the title of the best dancer at the senior poll, like David did. She wanted it. And she was a really good dancer!

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-04-2021, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
We had some great conversations.
We were very unafraid to share opinions on here a decade ago it was before the rules set in and we had to close all the anti-ship threads. But I can't deny it was fun to let out all those extreme feelings towards *ahem* certain couples back then.

Quote:
It would be good had Brenda won the title of the best dancer at the senior poll, like David did. She wanted it. And she was a really good dancer!
Senior Poll results were so bland and predictable. Ridiculous that for everything Brenda had academically achieved since joining West Beverly, she basically got left out in the cold for the 'best looking' nonsense to take precedence and poor David, relegated to announcing the results for the supposedly more attractive people. C'est la vie
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-05-2021, 01:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
We were very unafraid to share opinions on here a decade ago it was before the rules set in and we had to close all the anti-ship threads. But I can't deny it was fun to let out all those extreme feelings towards *ahem* certain couples back then.
Yeah, but we had good conversations on pro- and neutral threads too. It involved so many people. Anti-threads had their good sides, but sometimes it was just mean trashing. I can't say I really miss them.

Quote:
Senior Poll results were so bland and predictable.
I was surprised that Donna and David won their titles. Well, Brandon and Andrea too, given they were in a school full of children of famous people or who were already famous themselves. I mean, it was clear in S3 we were supposed to see the gang as a group of the most brilliant teens ever, so of course they won so much, and it was super irritant So in that sense, right, it was predictable gang will be so successful. But the only thing I found believable was Kelly as the most beautiful.

When I was a kid I wanted her to win something just so she would feel better after all the **** she through with the gang and her family, but nowadays I am like - hey, among other things, we love Brenda PRECISELY because she did not win anything

Quote:
Ridiculous that for everything Brenda had academically achieved since joining West Beverly, she basically got left out in the cold for the 'best looking' nonsense to take precedence
Was she nominated as the most beautiful? I somehow never understood that. I remember she wanted to win the best dancer or the most giving to the community. Something, just not to be behind her popular friends, after everything. Duh.

Quote:
and poor David, relegated to announcing the results for the supposedly more attractive people. C'est la vie

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-10-2021, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread