Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2019, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That traumatic was that time for her , that she blocked so many things ?
I don't think so. I think she's just got a lousy memory. Also shows you how invested she was in the show by that point. I mean, it did show. Kelly as a character and Jennie's acting seemed quite sterile and lifeless.

Which is a shame because Jennie is a good actress. She still did good job in some S9-10 scenes though, like when Kelly was raped.

This episode was super boring, IMO, but these two looked great.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 11-22-2019, 10:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

She sure got many rape storylines

She said in her book that she was traumatize and that's why she blocked most of her memories.
Don't know how true it is.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am not sure which period she refers to as traumatizing for her. I know she said she was anxious or so in the first seasons. I heard something about her going through some personal **** during S5.

I doubt she was traumatized afterwards. She stayed on the show for a whole time.

Also, Jennie's memory and timelines suck immensely.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 11-23-2019, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for that Es

Jennies memory is pretty poor but yes she was pretty much pro BK

I hope to see more Jenson moments if the show does get picked up again Loved them as Brandon and Kelly, loved them in WILAY and loved them in the reboot. Honestly, Jason and Jennie have incredible chemistry....and I thought Luke and Shannen were amazing
Old 11-24-2019, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 11-25-2019, 06:32 AM
Master Fan

I loved this episode
Old 11-26-2019, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 11-28-2019, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I hate amnesia plots in theory because I've seen so many Taiwanese dramas which draw them out over dozens of episodes, but I did love that scene where she went to him and finally acknowledged him as her boyfriend again due to their ring stirring memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
I think that Jennie definitely prefers Kelly/Brandon. Hell, even after the spin off reminded her that Kelly ended up with Dylan, some years later she STILL thought that Kelly ended up with Brandon The only time when she was sort of more pro-Kelly/Dylan was at the very beginning of the spin off, when it was just announced that Dylan was her child's dad.
Yep I agree.

Not to stir any shipper arguments of course, but I remember that joint interview Jennie and Jason did during the 90210 reboot (the one that had about 5 seasons) and she spent the whole time berating Jason for leaving the original show and ruining BK

Quote:
This will always be one of my top 3 favorite scenes of BK They're just so calm and wrapped up in each other, literally. A beautiful moment.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 11-29-2019, 03:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 11-30-2019, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ Priorities, Kelly! Sweet Sixteen
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-01-2019, 03:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What was her answer? I'm thinking what could it possibly be. It could have been Steve, because they were together at that point. Or Dylan, because she did make a move on him too. Or even Brandon, because the Walshes moved to 90210 when the agng was that age, and she said Brandon was cute from the start. And she liked some other guys at that age too. (And it's all normal and ok.)

Icon by oth. fan
Old 12-01-2019, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
What was her answer? I'm thinking what could it possibly be. It could have been Steve, because they were together at that point. Or Dylan, because she did make a move on him too. Or even Brandon, because the Walshes moved to 90210 when the agng was that age, and she said Brandon was cute from the start. And she liked some other guys at that age too. (And it's all normal and ok.)
I don't remember how that discussion pans out because season 8 is like a blur to me (I don't do many re-watches of it) but I do feel as if it could have been any of those 3 Though I do think Steve annoyed her a lot as the Pilot suggested, and it would be more likely to be Brandon or Dylan.

She was straight-forward back then. If the guy attracted her, that was enough.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-01-2019, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mmm...16. She probably would've been a sophomore or a junior at that time. I think it could've been either Dylan or Brandon that she was trying to get attention from. Or maybe Kyle?
Old 12-02-2019, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

But they were also sophomores twice - in S1 and S2 So if they wanted to be faithful to the writing, it could have been Steve as well. But were they ever...

I am not sure if in retrospect we were supposed to think that S1 was the first semester, and S2 the second semester of the sophomore year. Once it was mentioned that the Walshes transferred in a middle of the school year. But it made no sense, both starts of the year were clearly... well, starts of the year. They somehow shortened the timeline.

Remember when Kelly and Brandon in S4, either Change Partners or Mr.Walsh goes to Washington, talk about Spring Dance, and I think he says, "That was almost a year and a half ago." I was like - dude, that was THREE years ago! What the hell?!

Icon by oth. fan

Last edited by yulan; 12-02-2019 at 02:24 AM
Old 12-02-2019, 05:56 AM
Master Fan

Either Brandon forgot how long ago it was when they went to Spring Dance together or it was just forgetfulness from the writers itself - I'll say do the math

Love the S6 moment - loved the way he hugged her