Old 08-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

That would have been an awesome storyline. They were always so entertaining

Katie Fitch
♥ Please join the Mila Kunis Campaign
Old 08-21-2009, 06:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Val should have called Jonesy again to help get back the money Derrick Driscoll stole.
That would have made a lot of sense , but I know if it happened I'd be cringing at how repetitive the plotlines were. Not that I believe Val couldn't be duped, but I've always been stunned that she'd ever part so easily with, like, every cent she has ($100K). Ooh, big similarity with Dylan, there. At least his vulnerability re: the theme of family informed that decision. What informed Val's? Making more money? Getting back at Kelly (via Bill)? She could've done that in so many other ways ... and she already had. Um, okay, so I guess this was to test the Brandon/Val bond when the chips are down. I just ... She could've done something especially clever, where her own manipulations kind of climaxed and not even the audience would doubt their success, and then have that fall apart.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That would have made a lot of sense , but I know if it happened I'd be cringing at how repetitive the plotlines were.
True, it would have felt repetitive. And redundant But it would've been nice to see that at least Val trying to get help from him.

Quote:
What informed Val's? Making more money? Getting back at Kelly (via Bill)?
Definitely both...I think she thought the latter would be the best way to get the first one without any big consequences, because she could always played the "it was just business" card and not to care about anything else. I doubt she ever thought Brandon could turn his back on her...let alone ask her to move out.

Quote:
She could've done something especially clever, where her own manipulations kind of climaxed and not even the audience would doubt their success, and then have that fall apart.
That sounds more interesting to see
Old 08-21-2009, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
She could've done something especially clever, where her own manipulations kind of climaxed and not even the audience would doubt their success, and then have that fall apart.
And I would have been, once again, super tired of everything falling apart for her. Ok, she's not my fave girl and audience is not supposed to root for a success of many of her schemes, but looks like she could barely got anything she wanted. That's boring and frustrating, even for not-a-big-fan of Val

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 08-22-2009, 12:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
That would have made a lot of sense , but I know if it happened I'd be cringing at how repetitive the plotlines were. Not that I believe Val couldn't be duped, but I've always been stunned that she'd ever part so easily with, like, every cent she has ($100K). Ooh, big similarity with Dylan, there. At least his vulnerability re: the theme of family informed that decision. What informed Val's? Making more money? Getting back at Kelly (via Bill)? She could've done that in so many other ways ... and she already had. Um, okay, so I guess this was to test the Brandon/Val bond when the chips are down. I just ... She could've done something especially clever, where her own manipulations kind of climaxed and not even the audience would doubt their success, and then have that fall apart.
I agree with all that. Her scheme involved too much risk and effort on her part just to get under Kelly's skin. It just annoys me that she lost all her money. And the stupidest part of it was, she found out she'd been scammed right after it happened. There was still time to cancel the frickin' check!

Oh, and um, nice Gilmore reference, Caro.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
she could always played the "it was just business" card
Like her friends would believe that ...

I agree. I wanted to see her earning and receiving her objectives by that point, cause S6 had spent a lot of time developing her past S5 and giving her reason to be more honest with others.

Quote:
There was still time to cancel the frickin' check!
Oh god.

Yeah, and if Bill's really that familiar with Derek's crimes to inform her of what happened right away, he might have known a way to stop the destruction. Surely, his old employee was reported before.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

This thread seemed to have gotten lost

So anyone else excited for Tiffani's new show White Collar? It'll be starting on USA soon

I'm definitely gonna be watching it

Katie Fitch
Old 10-15-2009, 06:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Back in the day, I hated Val. Mostly bc she was always scheming people and her and Kelly really had it out for eachother. But re-watching the episodes on Soapnet, I've really come to like Val. She was a great addition to the cast after Shando left. Val should've stayed on to reek havoc during the awful S10. Anyway, I've been thinking that Val & Kelly would've made great friends, if they would just put aside their differences and Val stop her shenanigans.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Ya, I wasn't Val's biggest fan either, but she was one of the characters that grew on me the most. BH needed a bad girl, and she was just the girl for the job

Katie Fitch
Old 10-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for bumping this thread.

Yeah, Val added some much needed spice to show. Plus, with Brandon almost fully assimilated to Beverly Hills, she provided the outsiders perspective.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for finding the thread, Rachel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Slippers (View Post)
Yeah, Val added some much needed spice to show. Plus, with Brandon almost fully assimilated to Beverly Hills, she provided the outsiders perspective.
ITA

I'm so happy Tiff's new show is about to start! I'll defnitely try to watch it
Old 10-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

Ya, it looks like a really good show. It's starting next Friday on the 23rd.

Katie Fitch
Old 10-17-2009, 06:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

What I liked most about Val was that she brought the outsiders prospective to the group. She wasn't rich, she had massive problems. I just got tired of her shenanigans. I think towards the end of her stay in BH, she calmed down. I should re-phrase, she was also calm when Tom was around. They should've kept them together. I also thought her and David were great together.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Master Fan

^ Same here I wish she and Tom would have worked and I was happily surprised to see her softer side around David. They were a great couple who always took care of each other. It was so sweet to watch
Old 10-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I used to hate Val too But now I love her .. she definitely grows on you.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread