Bumpage!
Old 12-15-2007, 02:47 PM
Total Fan

Art by October:

Avi credits: QTPie41184

Last edited by sabriras; 12-15-2007 at 03:37 PM
Old 12-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Nice art Can I please be added to the list? Val was my favourite character after Kelly
Old 12-16-2007, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Now that's awesome art!

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 12-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

Gah. Beautiful wallpaper.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I watched the ep where she left on Soapnet the other day...I love how her final scene is with David. I wish she'd never left. She was the best female on the show!
Old 12-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Elite Fan

Definitely appropriate that it would be David. He was always there to see her through major changes/risks.

Quote:
I wish she'd never left. She was the best female on the show!
I enjoyed her for the most part. Why was she your absolute fav?
Old 12-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I was so glad she had the chance to experience true love (more than once), with Davie.

Oh wow...there's many reasons to that one. I guess, Valerie was just the first female 'beautifully broken' character I ever really liked. I'm not a huge fan of the female characters in general, for the most part I just can't stand them. However, when it comes to the ones who initially come off as 'bitchy', but once you take the chance to dig deeper, you find there's just so much more to them, those are the rare exceptions, and I just love them. And, I see Valerie as a perfect example of that. Since her, I've found that Brooke Davis (OTH), Rachel Gatina (OTH), Blair Waldorf (GG), Julie Cooper (OC) have similarites to Valerie, hence why I like them as well. Valerie was a girl who'd been taken advantage of at such a young age, and given the fact she always wanted to be part of the gang, she never once used her tragic past as an in with the rest of the group. What she dealt with just made her stronger, and made her fight for the fact she'd never let it happen again, which I admired in her so much. Yet, deep down, she was still just someone who wanted to be loved like anyone else.

Last edited by goodbreakingbad; 12-20-2007 at 06:05 PM
Old 12-20-2007, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

I totally know what you mean about ostensibly 'bitchy' characters having much more to them (if written that way). I can see similarities between all those you mentioned (except Rachel, cause I don't know who she is ).

Believe it or not, I think liking Valerie, for me, had more to do with her sense of humor. Put her with Brandon and Steve (the brief Casa Walsh threesome) and you're likely to get a good scene (relative for the episode, anyway). I know she wasn't always honest in a good way, or a ball-buster, but those were some of her enjoyable strengths as well.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm glad you could see where I was coming from...I was afraid I might not have made much sense, lol. And, hopefully once you saw Rachel, you'd like her...though most hated her in S3 of OTH, but she grew on the audience more in S4.

Oh, Valerie's sense of humor was something that attracted me to her as well. I loved how though she could have been saying something to deliberately get under someone's skin, the way she said it, made you laugh. That's just who she was.

Speaking of funny moments with her and Steve...I loved how after they slept together that one time, and he was looking for his tie, she pulled it out of her cleavage. Classic Valerie!
Old 12-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Speaking of funny moments with her and Steve...I loved how after they slept together that one time, and he was looking for his tie, she pulled it out of her cleavage.
Oh yeah. See, that's what I mean. Remember when the gang goes to Hawaii and he 'tries' to sleep with her again? She comes back to the hotel from her own romanticizing and he's all, "Ah, the huntress back from the hunt ..." Her and Brandon make some crack at him, but I forgot it.

I was also thinking yesterday, as crazy as this may sound when taking all her actions into account, that if you really need Valerie to be supportive, need someone to talk to, she'll be there. She will rise to the occasion. She responds well to others opening up to her, so long as she trusts them.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
I was also thinking yesterday, as crazy as this may sound when taking all her actions into account, that if you really need Valerie to be supportive, need someone to talk to, she'll be there. She will rise to the occasion. She responds well to others opening up to her, so long as she trusts them.
I adored this! That is SO true! That's just another obvious reason as to why Valerie was so amazing, that part of her was truly endearing. She never got credit for it though, which always broke my heart.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I adored this!
Aww, I'm glad. I hate when traits go uncredited.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Something Krisor and I made Hope you like it..