Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2012, 12:03 AM
Elite Fan

Hm, isn't that Gossip Girl's slot now?

The season finale had Silver choosing between Liam and Navid -- specifically for who would father her unborn child. (With the cancer gene, she wants to do motherhood early)
Old 05-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
Hm, isn't that Gossip Girl's slot now?

heyitsrachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Elite Fan

Well, that makes a lot more sense. I never thought "Hart of Dixie" was a natural fit right after the 90210 spinoff.

Okay, this spoof video is from a year ago but it's hilarious:

Holiday Madness, Starring Silver and Navid on Vimeo
Old 05-23-2012, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Um ... I have news, again.

I think this is actually more unbelievable.

Get this: It's now confirmed that Caleb is NOT going to be related to any of our Walshes. They just wanted an Irish last name and that was the first one that came to mind.

... THEY HADN'T NOTICED THE SIMILARITY TO THE ORIGINAL SERIES UNTIL AFTER FILMING HAD BEGUN.

I have no words. No words, people. Jesus Christ, what the hell? This is what we're dealing with. Omg ...

Sorry, I just read this post and had to laugh! I haven't watched the spin-off in ages but the thread title caught my attention, can you blame me?!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
GrhmLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, the title is meant to entice. I mean, how many surfer priests do you know? And that right there is either them trying to gain a reputation for putting modern spins on things, or it is the very embodiment of the randomness that goes on in the show. "We need to bring in someone for Annie that can't quite give in to his attraction and might judge her for the prostitution storyline. Oh, I know. A priest! That's like the ultimate. ... But wait , we need Caleb to be introduced to her indirectly, maybe through Ivy. What does Ivy like to do? Surf. He'll be a surfing priest. They'll meet on the beach. It'll be perfect." And now he's gone, just like every other supporting character they bring in.

Btw, no small fact, lol: The last scene of the finale has Dixon being pummeled by a truck. So, I don't know if our Brandon 2.0 is going to survive next year or be paralyzed or what.

But yeah, this Walsh thing. Any time the PA is confronted on twitter, she's all 'What? ' I wish we got reactions from the BH90210 cast! Of course, this probably just confirms that they're not watching, LOL.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

This sad, sad show...

I wrote a review about how ridiculous the Annie/Liam break-up was. I wish these new creators had never come along, as it's truly a shame that they ruined something that actually has a solid following. I'm not watching again unless I ever hear that this couple is back together. They were one of the few parts of the show worth following.

I remember being excited when the show started, but it's just been a big disappointment for the most part.

As I mentioned before, it just doesn't have the same strengths as the original, partly because the characters just aren't that likable or interesting. Won't shed a tear when it's cancelled. It's not a worthy successor IMO.
James26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

Totally agree, although I'll still be watching.

Where did you post your review? On the spinoff board's rant thread?

NEWS: Ivy won't be back for Season 5. I should've known when she ran off to Mexico to be with her boyfriend. Welp, there goes my favorite (although I use that term lightly) main character.

I have been going through Gillian Zinser's blog cause it's full of cool things.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So it looks like Annie and Dixon are still in the back.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Elite Fan

Well, that's just hilarious.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

Hilarious in a sad way Btw, the clothes are the only thing that I kinda like from that box.

Quote:
"We need to bring in someone for Annie that can't quite give in to his attraction and might judge her for the prostitution storyline. Oh, I know. A priest! That's like the ultimate. ... But wait , we need Caleb to be introduced to her indirectly, maybe through Ivy. What does Ivy like to do? Surf. He'll be a surfing priest. They'll meet on the beach. It'll be perfect." And now he's gone, just like every other supporting character they bring in.
Why did I fear this would happen? lol. Great train of thought for these writers, too

So, I guess this is not a suitable title anymore, huh?
Old 07-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So, I guess this is not a suitable title anymore, huh?
Whatever ... at least it's creative, which is more than I can say for the show.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Whatever ... at least it's creative, which is more than I can say for the show.
I want to see how much misery loves company. Anybody know their ratings for last season?
Old 07-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Elite Fan

Here you go:

CW TV show ratings, 2011-12 season | canceled or renewed TV shows | TV Series Finale

90210 ratings | canceled or renewed TV shows | TV Series Finale

Can't believe it's doing better than Gossip Girl and Ringer.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Can't believe it's doing better than Gossip Girl and Ringer.
It's those households that make up a large portion of the ratings' fault.

So One Tree Hill ended and she's coming over to 90210?

Source: ‘90210’ Season 5 casts Lindsey McKeon of ‘Supernatural’ and ‘One Tree Hill’ - Zap2it
Old 08-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Master Fan

No, I didn't get lost. I'm really in this thread- to post this:

Quote:
Ryan Lochte Lands Cameo on 90210

Going along with Ryan Lochte's expected big move to Los Angeles, he'll be featured on the show named after the city's most prominent zip code.

The five-time Olympic gold medalist, 28, will play himself on an episode of the CW's teen drama 90210 on Oct. 29, the network announced Tuesday.

This will be a step in a different direction from what was expected by the professional athlete, who has expressed interest in doing reality TV such as Dancing with the Stars.

"When we found out Ryan Lochte was going to be in town and might appear on 90210, we felt like we'd won a gold medal," the show's executive producers Patti Carr and Lara Olsen said in a joint statement. "Team USA are all-stars in our book, and we're so excited he's making an appearance on the show."

Lochte won't be featured in his usual environment – the pool – but instead will show up at a resort where characters Naomi Clark (AnnaLynne McCord) and Max Miller (Josh Zuckerman) are visiting to help strengthen their relationship.

"We only wish the episode was a surf event so we could have gotten [Ryan] in the water," Carr and Olsen say. "But he deserves a little rest on dry land."