Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2018, 08:29 AM
Master Fan

Thank you Gwen

My music knowledge is far more superior than any TV shows or movies - I'm a music man through and through

Next song is from R&B singer Monica from the S7 episode Mother's Day

Old 12-14-2018, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ Monica's song, like Babyface's, was ALSO removed from the DVD set Can you believe it?? They took out a great scene with that song in, which showed Kelly regretfully looking toward Brandon as she considered her baby options.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-14-2018, 06:12 PM
Master Fan

A lot of the songs from the list were removed from the DVDS which is why Music Maestro Mike is playing these songs

Next track is by Robert John from S6 Lovers Leap

The original version was done by The Tokens and also 80s group Tight Fit did the cover too.

Last edited by HipHopKingMike; 12-14-2018 at 06:19 PM
Old 12-15-2018, 02:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMikeTarzan (View Post)
A lot of the songs from the list were removed from the DVDS which is why Music Maestro Mike is playing these songs
Very grateful for your DJ talents, Mike!

Lion Sleeps Tonight, a classic.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-15-2018, 04:50 AM
Master Fan

I used to DJ in HS, in clubs and in college - plus I used to rap too. I used to look like a real G back then but now I'm a suits and tie man - what a transformation
But my passion for music is endless and like to showcase my musical knowledge.

This next track is a true classic by REO Speedwagon from the S4 episode Blind Spot

Last edited by HipHopKingMike; 12-15-2018 at 04:57 AM
Old 12-16-2018, 09:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Ok a song that came from Season 1 Episode 3 according to the above list although I can't remember it being played
While the girls are shopping/shop-lifting. Love this song!

Quote:
I'm pretty sure most of the songs listed above were never featured in the episode but anyway […] Looking at the list I am absolutely certain that half the songs on the list were never played in the episodes so what I'm proposing to do is play the ones that I think were never played in the episodes
I assure you, Mike, they really were played. Some of these prominently and others, like much of the oldies, in the background at the Peach Pit. I'm talking about the original episodes as they aired, of course, not the DVDs or what you'll be able to stream nowadays. I got the originally posted list from a fan over a decade ago and verified it thoroughly.

"Rhythm Is A Dancer" plays when the girls are racing on the exercise bikes at that spa place.

Aaliyah's "Back and Forth" plays at the dance club the gang is at when Donna spots David and Kelly is like 'oh, crap'.

Quote:
A song from a true legend that was featured in Season 2 episode The Pit And The Pendulum
That opening Nat King Cole song MADE that intro scene.

Quote:
Annoyingly, they removed that scene from the DVD release... Which means that Steve's final scene with Celeste doesn't appear in that version
Ugh, that makes me so mad. I hadn't thought that the scene with Steve and Celeste was taken out. They're totally messing with story structure and meaning on this show.

Quote:
I don't get why the execs are worried about copyright issues, yet they kept the other Babyface song in...
Maybe something to do with Brian being part of the live performance of that one.

Quote:
Monica's song, like Babyface's, was ALSO removed from the DVD set Can you believe it?? They took out a great scene with that song in, which showed Kelly regretfully looking toward Brandon as she considered her baby options.
I can't ... lol.

Quote:
A lot of the songs from the list were removed from the DVDS
Virtually all of them.

Last edited by HipHopKingMike; 12-17-2018 at 03:51 AM
Old 12-17-2018, 03:52 AM
Master Fan

Thank you for the information Mel
Old 12-17-2018, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
Ugh, that makes me so mad. I hadn't thought that the scene with Steve and Celeste was taken out. They're totally messing with story structure and meaning on this show.
It's great to see you Mel! We haven't talked in a long time I used to see you in the BK thread, back when I was 4brathan&brucas

Yeah, Steve and Celeste are robbed of their final scene on the DVD set. It's really nice to see them get back together, in the version that originally aired.

If people just watch the DVDs, then they won't know that Celeste dumped John Sears.

Quote:
Maybe something to do with Brian being part of the live performance of that one.
That's what I'm guessing For 'When Can I See You', I think Brian stood there clicking his fingers.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-17-2018, 06:18 AM
Master Fan

Could I suggest NOT to highlight individual names in BOLD on this board next time, which I have now edited. That would be greatly appreciated
Old 12-17-2018, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Could I suggest NOT to highlight individual names in BOLD on this board next time, which I have now edited. That would be greatly appreciated
Interesting! Why?

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan

Last edited by HipHopKingMike; 12-17-2018 at 07:32 AM
Old 12-17-2018, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I confess, I sometimes embolden names on other boards but only if I'm writing lengthy posts and it's difficult for users to see names.

Fair point though Mike in total respect of that rule here.

Does anybody else think they could have tried harder with this soundtrack cover? -

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-17-2018, 07:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
Interesting! Why?

I'm PM'd you

Gwen, I would have liked some of the bust some moves (ehem Brandon) - I was a dancer myself
Old 12-17-2018, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That cover could have been better indeed.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 12-18-2018, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMikeTarzan (View Post)
Gwen, I would have liked some of the bust some moves (ehem Brandon) - I was a dancer myself
I would have liked a hologram cover with David Silver's dance moves popping out at us
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-18-2018, 08:20 AM
Master Fan

Oh yes that'll be good