Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-18-2012, 09:31 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Kate B for bring that over.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Master Fan

TLO is hanging in there at 8th for Friday estimates even with new big movies and against 2 blockbusters near $400 million. His theaters are way down, but still about $580,000 Fri. It should pass Water for Elephants this week...I can't help it..I wantZac to do better than Rob...silly and childish, but I see him as Zac's competition with the public and movie roles, Not with me, I don't think Rob offers anything special. To me Zac has no competition and he's about to blow everyone out of the water! Big stars, directors, critics, movie fans.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

I'm glad it's retained some staying power.

I don't think Zac and Rob are comparable really...maybe when Twilight was at it's height but not now. They're friends and different actors, so I don't see much competition between the two of them.
NZ | Icon by Shelle
Old 05-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Elite Fan

Kate B Thanks for That Info.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateB (View Post)
TLO is hanging in there at 8th for Friday estimates even with new big movies and against 2 blockbusters near $400 million. His theaters are way down, but still about $580,000 Fri. It should pass Water for Elephants this week...I can't help it..I wantZac to do better than Rob...silly and childish, but I see him as Zac's competition with the public and movie roles, Not with me, I don't think Rob offers anything special. To me Zac has no competition and he's about to blow everyone out of the water! Big stars, directors, critics, movie fans.
Try not to make that contrast, I understand that there is some sort of parallel in the sense of being the two big 'heartthrob' actors from the same gen. Water for Elephants was a totally different film to TLO and came with another big name actor, but as a film is more comparable to the niche market that M&OW attracts. I'm a huge fan of both Zac and Rob but I think neither of them would want to be combatted against each other.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:52 AM
Master Fan

you are right, zac wouldn't like me saying that and it's nice to have a thread that doesn't say mean things about other actors. I'm sorry I got carried away and will remember why I love this thread is because they don't put down anyone or make those comparisons. Actually, I really liked Water for E...
Old 05-20-2012, 08:50 AM
Elite Fan

That's the spirit
NZ | Icon by Shelle
Old 05-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Master Fan

So Zac will be on Le Grand Journal in France which means he will definitely go to Cannes

Last edited by juju81; 05-20-2012 at 12:08 PM
Old 05-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't think he would miss it. He seemed genuinely excited about the fact that movie was playing there, I think he would have cancelled stuff just get there

Shelle
Old 05-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

I think it's definitely a very important thing right now so I'm really glad he's going
NZ | Icon by Shelle
Old 05-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju81 (View Post)
So Zac will be on Le Grand Journal in France which means he will definitely go in Cannes
Old 05-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ahhhh killing me... so close but so far But that is super awesome, he will love that area and I hope he gets some play time - Monaco is just up the road after all
Old 05-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Elite Fan

I can just imagine him going to play poker in Monaco a la James Bond
NZ | Icon by Shelle
Old 05-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm going to start working on a new banner for this thread OP, any particular pics you would like used?

Shelle
Old 05-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Nicholas Stoller is in negotiations to helm "Townies" for Universal.

Nicholas Stoller, who last directed The Five-Year Engagement for Universal, is in negotiations to helm the studio’s planned Seth Rogen-Zac Efron comedy Townies.

Universal picked up the project in a bidding war in July 2011, plunking down seven figures on the pitch from writers Andrew Cohen and Brendan O'Brien.

The story sees Rogen as a regular family man who lives near an alpha-male fraternity house and has to contend with a frat member (Efron) whose raucous behavior wreaks havoc on his life.

Rogen and his Point Grey Pictures partner Evan Goldberg are producing. James Weaver, Cohen and O'Brien are exec producing.

Stoller, considered part of the Judd Apatow crew, seems to have made Universal his home in recent years. He also directed Get Him to the Greek and Forgetting Sarah Marshall for the studio. He first worked with Rogen when the latter co-starred on the short-lived Fox series Undeclared and Stoller wrote a trio of episodes.

He is repped by UTA and Ziffren Brittenham.
'Five-Year Engagement' Director Boards Seth Rogen-Zac Efron Comedy (Exclusive) - The Hollywood Reporter

for project news! and I'm really glad this one is moving forward. I really want to see Zef in another comedy.

Kristen // icon