Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2022, 02:19 PM
I am a basketball genius!

I have yet to watch that actually. Here's some news.

‘Game Of Thrones’ Natalie Dormer To Star In Ami Canaan Mann’s Healthcare Hero Biopic ‘Audrey’s Children’ For Amasia & Resonate

EXCLUSIVE: Natalie Dormer (Game of Thrones) has signed on to star as Dr. Audrey Evans in Audrey’s Children—the biopic on the healthcare hero, which Ami Canaan Mann is directing for Amasia Entertainment (Wild Mountain Thyme) and Resonate Entertainment (Sitting in Bars with Cake).

Evans is the revolutionary pediatric oncologist best known as the co-founder of Ronald McDonald House Charities—the world-famous organization that provides housing and support to millions of families in 62 countries around the world. The film set in 1970 will follow her as she is recruited to run the Oncology Department at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. During a time when 90% of patients were dying of cancer, Dr. Evans sought out to become a pioneer in the clinical study and treatment of childhood cancers. She is often described as rebellious and unconventional, having broken all the rules and risked her career to overhaul treatments and provide housing and support for families of sick children.

ulia Fisher Farbman (Modern Hero) wrote the screenplay, which was based on years of research and conversations with Evans, who is now 97 years old and fully supports the film. Farbman will also produce alongside Amasia’s Bradley Gallo and Michael Helfant. Brent Emery, Suzanne Farwell and Susan Cartsonis will exec produce for Resonate, with Clément Bauer serving as co-producer. Orly Sitowitz (Star Trek: Strange New Worlds) is casting the project, with Jon Keng (Little Big Women) to serve as its cinematographer. Production on the privately financed pic is set to kick off in Philadelphia in September.

“I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity to play someone as monumental and impactful as Dr. Audrey Evans,” said Dormer. “This film brings to light a woman who has spent her entire career ferociously dedicated to saving the lives of children and supporting families who have gone through unimaginable challenges. Audrey has done so with great heart and modesty. I’m honored to be playing her, and to be a part of this inspiring project.”

Dormer is perhaps best known for her turn as Margaery Tyrell in HBO’s Game of Thrones and has also been seen on such series as Penny Dreadful: City of Angels, The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, Picnic at Hanging Rock, The Tudors and Elementary. Her film credits include The Professor and the Madman, the thriller In Darkness which she also co-wrote and produced, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 & 2, The Riot Club, Rush, The Counselor and Captain America: The First Avenger.

Dormer launched her own production company, Dog Rose Productions, in 2019. She is represented by UTA, United Agents in the UK, 111 Media and Jackoway Austen Tyerman.

https://deadline.com/2022/07/natalie...te-1235064215/

This is terrific. Hope that this goes well for her.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 02:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Hooray!
Old 08-20-2022, 02:08 PM

Yes. Apparently Natalie Dormer was in a Hozier music video & a Fabio D'Andrea music video. I have not seen either of them yet. I do want to though. I have not heard any music by Fabio D'Andrea & ''Take Me to Church'' is the only song by Hozier that I recall hearing.The songs she was in music videos are ''Someone New'' & ''No Day Shall Erase You''. I have ''Picnic at Hanging Rock'' on D.V.D. currently at home, so will catch that soon.
Old 08-21-2022, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow!
Old 08-28-2022, 01:40 PM

Yes. It's just about time to start thinking of a new thread title.
Old 08-29-2022, 02:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Because its nearly 2023 and she leads the way
Old 10-07-2022, 05:37 PM

Sounds good. I haven't been by here lately, but I am excited to see Natalie Dormer in the Biopic ''Audrey's Children''. It is about Audrey Evans from what I understand. She was a pediatric onocoligist that passed away on September 29th. Evans was co-founder of the Ronald McDonald House in Philadelphia & co-founder of Philly's St. James School.
Old 10-08-2022, 02:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Very amazing!
Old 11-23-2022, 03:46 PM

She also is in the upcoming film titled ''The Wasp'' along with Naomi Harris if you know of her. That film is based on a play.
Old 11-24-2022, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Hooray!
Old 06-07-2023, 06:03 PM

Hi guys. Been a while. Here is some news from earlier this year: ‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Natalie Dormer To Lead South African Thriller Series ‘White Lies’

Game of Thrones star Natalie Dormer is leading a thriller for South African network M-Net.

Filming will commence next month on White Lies, which will star Dormer alongside Brendon Daniels (Four Corners) as investigative journalist Edie Hansen and detective Forty Bell respectively. Set in the wealthy neighbourhood of Bishopscourt, Cape Town, Hansen gets caught up in the ugly underbelly that lies beneath the picturesque beauty of the city, dragging her back to a turbulent past. Following her estranged brother’s murder in his luxury home, her world plunges deeper into chaos when her brother’s teenage children become prime suspects for the crime, as she finds herself at loggerheads with Bell.

Having previously combined on International Emmy Award-nominated M-Net drama Reyka, South African indie Quizzical Pictures is producing with Fremantle.

Dormer is a great get. She is best known for her role as Margaery Tyrell in Game of Thrones and past credits include The Hunger Games, Picnic at Hanging Rock and Penny Dreadful: City of Angels.

“I’m thrilled to be in Cape Town and to begin filming this beautiful, gripping show,” she said. “South Africa has so much to offer an international audience with its storytelling.”

The show will be discussed Friday at Fremantle’s London TV Screenings event alongside a range of scripted projects, formats and docs.

White Lies is created by Sean Steinberg and written by Darrel Bristow-Bovey. Producers are Harriet Gavshon and Nimrod Geva for Quizzical Pictures, with Dormer and Bristow-Bovey also serving as executive producers. The series’ lead director is The Wound’s John Trengove, whose latest film Manodrome with Jesse Eisenberg and Adrien Brody premiered at the 73rd Berlin International Film Festival. Directing alongside Trengove are Thati Pele (Lerato), Catharine Cooke (Reyka) and Christiaan Olwagen (Poppie Nongena, Kanarie). Julie Hodge is executive producing on behalf of Fremantle, which is also distributing the series internationally.

https://deadline.com/2023/02/game-of...es-1235274059/
Old 06-08-2023, 08:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thank you
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That sounds amazing!
Old 06-10-2023, 10:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yes!
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

For sure!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top