Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Moderator Support Team

Clooney news.
Quote:
Off to 'Tehran' for Clooney
Dramedy focuses on the 1979 Iran hostage crisis
May 3, 2007

George ClooneyGeorge Clooney and Grant Heslov are looking to write "Escape From Tehran," a dark comedy set up at Warner Bros.

"Tehran" is just the latest in an ever-growing string of features set up at Warner Bros. for Clooney and Heslov's Smoke House shingle. Variety is quick to note that all Smoke House projects are potential directing or starring vehicles for Clooney, not that any of them necessarily need to be.

It was just last week, in fact, that Warner Bros. grabbed feature remake rights to the documentary "Our Brand Is Crisis" for Clooney and Smoke House. An idle Clooney must be a dangerous thing.

"Escape From Tehran" would be based on Joshuah Berman's Wired magazine article about a CIA plan to rescue Americans from Tehran in 1979 under the cover of a Hollywood movie.

This would be Clooney and Heslov's first writing collaboration since their Oscar nominated "Good Night, and Good Luck" script.

Clooney is currently directing and co-starring in "Leatherheads," a football dramedy Smoke House is producing for Universal. Other projects on the company's slate include the Coen Brothers' "Burn After Reading," the James Ellroy adaptation "White Jazz" and John Grisham's "The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small Town."
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the article Mel!
M.I.S.S.Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Lol, I love the title of this thread. So true.
electricpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

^^^ I know it's so fitting!

The Good German is now out on DVD, anyone seen it yet?
M.I.S.S.Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 03:33 AM
Passionate Fan

No, I haven't seen it Thanks for the article. Interesting news.

Just came here to tell how great he is in Ocean's 13. He's a brilliant actor. As well as his co-workers. It was cool to see Clooney and Al Pacino on screen together
-Alina- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw Ocean's 13! I love George!!!

Tears of an Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't seen Ocean's 13 yet. I can't wait to see it though. He's so gorgeous.
Melissa Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:33 AM
Moderator Support Team

News.

Quote:
George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio May Head 'North'
'Farragut North' is written Beau Willimon
October 11, 2007

Warner Bros. is hoping to pair up George Clooney and Leonardo DiCaprio for the political thriller "Farragut North."

The slowly mobilizing film is based on the play by Beau Willimon, a play that won't actually open on Broadway until next fall.

According to the industry trade papers, Clooney and DiCaprio are currently only in discussions. Were the two politically conscious stars to sign on for "Farragut North," Clooney would direct and produce, while DiCaprio would star and produce.

"Farragut North" stirred up some buzz this summer when Willimon held readings of the play featuring Jake Gyllenhaal in the lead role as a young communications officer who goes to work for an unorthodox presidential candidate only to have his idealism stripped away. Based loosely on Willimon's experience working on the Dean campaign in 2004, the Broadway version of "Farragut North" (the title refers to a Washington, D.C. Metro stop) will be directed by Mike Nichols.

There's some question as to when either busy actor would be able to get around to making this movie.

Clooney's latest acting gig, "Michael Clayton," is earning rave reviews in limited release, while he continues to work on his latest directing project, "Leatherheads," which was recently bumped to an April 2008 release. Clooney is expected to star in "White Jazz" next, though the busy Oscar winner has been circling several other films.

DiCaprio, meanwhile, has finished work with Kate Winslet and director Sam Mendes on "Revolutionary Road." He's currently shooting "Body of Lies" with Russell Crowe and director Ridley Scott.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Elite Fan

Leo & George.... What a great team that would (will) be!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Moderator Support Team

Definitely!
Old 01-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

Congrats to George on his Oscar nomination!

Quote:
Lead Actor
George Clooney, Michael Clayton
Daniel Day-Lewis, There Will Be Blood
Johnny Depp, Sweeney Todd
Tommy Lee Jones, In the Valley of Elah
Viggo Mortensen, Eastern Promises
Old 01-29-2008, 03:01 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, this is exciting.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

I saw Leatherheads today. It was very enjoyable/funny. He and John Krasinski had great chem as did he and Renee.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

News
Quote:
George Clooney Monkeys Around with 'Goats'
Clooney's Oscar nominated screenwriting partner Grant Heslov will direct
May 16, 2008

George Clooney will star in an adaptation of Jon Ronson's "Men Who Stare at Goats."

According to Variety, the project will be directed by Clooney's Smoke House and writing partner Grant Heslov.

Ronson, a British journalist, published his allegedly non-fiction book in 2006 focusing on the United States military's explorations into using people with paranormal powers as weapons in war. The title refers to one experiment in which psychics were asked to kill goats merely by staring at them.

The book has been adapted by Peter Straughan ("How to Lose Friends and Alienate People") and has, according to the trade paper, been bouncing around the industry for some time.

It's unclear how a narrative has been built out of Ronson's anecdotal book, or what role Clooney will play. Financing for the film is currently underway.

Clooney most recently directed and starred in "Leatherheads," which was a spring box office disappointment. He picked up an Oscar nomination for last fall's "Michael Clayton." He'll next be seen in the fall release "Burn After Reading."
Old 06-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

News

Quote:
George Clooney May Become a 'Tourist'
Busy actor linked to spy thriller
June 12, 2008

Olen Steinhauer's novel "The Tourist" is the latest property being developed as a potential star vehicle for George Clooney.

The industry trade papers seem to announce at least one Clooney-based rumor per week and this week's appears to involve "The Tourist," which is set up at Warner Brothers with Anthony Peckham ("Human Factor") recruited to shape the script.

Clooney would produce along with Smokehouse regulars Grant Heslov and Nina Wolarsky, according to Variety.

"The Tourist" focuses on an international spy trying to clear his name after he's accused of murder.

Clooney most recently directed and starred in the spring box office disappointment "Leatherheads." He'll next appear in "Burn After Reading." From there, his schedule gets fuzzy since he's been attached to a wide range of nebulous options including "Men Who Stare at Goats," "Our Brand Is Crisis," "Farragut North" and others.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top