Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

Ashton Kutcher #2: He's our Guardian...

Welcome to the Ashton Kutcher Appreciation Thread!

Created by M.I.S.S.Y

Filmography:

In Progress:

# Lakeview Terrace (2008) (pre-production)

Completed:

1. Open Season (2006) (voice) .... Elliot
2. The Guardian (2006/I) .... Jake Fischer
3. Bobby (2006) .... Fisher
4. "That '70s Show" .... Michael Kelso (178 episodes, 1998-2006)
- That '70s Finale (2006) TV Episode .... Michael Kelso
- Misfire (2005) TV Episode .... Michael Kelso
- You're My Best Friend (2005) TV Episode .... Michael Kelso
- Bohemian Rhapsody (2005) TV Episode .... Michael Kelso
- Somebody to Love (2005) TV Episode .... Michael Kelso
(173 more)
5. "Robot Chicken" .... Blitzen / ... (4 episodes, 2005)
- Robot Chicken Christmas Special (2005) TV Episode .... Blitzen
- Nightmare Generator (2005) TV Episode (voice) .... Blitzen/Templeton "Faceman" Peck
- Toy Meets Girl (2005) TV Episode (voice) .... TiVo Addict
- Gold Dust Gasoline (2005) TV Episode (voice) .... Michael Kelso
6. A Lot Like Love (2005) .... Oliver Martin
7. Guess Who (2005) .... Simon Green
8. The Butterfly Effect (2004) .... Evan Treborn
9. Cheaper by the Dozen (2003) (uncredited) .... Hank
10. My Boss's Daughter (2003) .... Tom Stansfield
11. Just Married (2003) .... Tom Leezak
... aka Voll verheiratet (Germany)
12. "Grounded for Life" .... Uncle Scott (1 episode, 2002)
- Dust in the Wind (2002) TV Episode .... Uncle Scott
13. Texas Rangers (2001) .... George Durham
14. "Just Shoot Me!" .... Dean Cassidy (1 episode, 2001)
- Mayas and Tigers and Deans, Oh My (2001) TV Episode .... Dean Cassidy
15. Dude, Where's My Car? (2000) .... Jesse Montgomery III
16. Reindeer Games (2000) .... College Kid
... aka Deception (UK) (USA: working title)
17. Down to You (2000) .... Jim Morrison
18. Coming Soon (1999) .... Louie

Biography:

Ashton was born in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Both of his parents were factory workers, with his father employed at General Mills and his mother at Proctor & Gamble. He has an older sister, Tausha, and a fraternal twin, Michael, who has cerebral palsy. Michael had an emergency heart transplant at the age of thirteen[1] that was necessitated by cardiomyopathy, a virus-induced illness that weakened and perforated his heart muscle. Ashton's childhood was that of a rugged, outdoorsy Midwesterner, and he had various odd jobs, including carpentry, hay-baling and livestock castration. Kutcher attended Washington High school in Cedar Rapids, Iowa for about a year then his family moved to Tiffin, Iowa, which is part of the Amana Colonies and he attended the Clear Creek-Amana School District, where he was a good student, played on the football team as wide receiver, appeared in school plays, and was a "well-liked, popular guy".[1] He was close to the school's principal, who later described Kutcher as a "brilliant young man". Meanwhile, his home life was stressful. He has stated that he "saw some stuff [he] probably shouldn't have seen... didn't want to be involved... didn't want to have to take a side... didn't want to come home and find more bad news about my brother" and "kept [himself] so busy that [he] didn't allow [himself] to feel". At around this time, his parents divorced. During his senior year, he broke into the school at night with his cousin; he was caught leaving the scene. Kutcher was convicted of third-degree burglary and sentenced to three years' probation and 180 hours of community service. Kutcher stated that though the experience "straightened him out", he lost his girlfriend and anticipated college scholarships, and he was ostracized at school and in his community.

Kutcher attended the University of Iowa, where he majored in biochemical engineering (but did not complete), motivated by the desire to find a cure for his brother's heart ailment. He was also a member of the Delta Chi fraternity. To make ends meet, Kutcher worked as a floor sweeper for a General Mills plant, and sometimes donated blood for money. Despite his studies, he secretly yearned to be an actor, and once packed up his belongings and headed (on foot) for the airport. Quickly exhausted, and without any plan, he called his mom, and she came and picked him up. During his time at the university he was approached by a talent scout at a bar called The Airliner in Iowa City, Iowa, he was recruited to enter the "Fresh Faces of Iowa" modeling competition, and after placing first he won a trip to New York City to the International Modeling and Talent Association (IMTA) Convention. He had callbacks from several modeling and talent agents and decided to stay in New York City and not return to Iowa and finish college. After his stay in New York City Ashton did return home to Cedar Rapids, Iowa for a short time before relocating to Los Angeles to pursue his acting career.

After participating as a modelling contestant in an IMTA competition (taking 1st runner-up to Josh Duhamel) in 1997, Kutcher signed with the Next modeling agency in New York, appeared in ads for Calvin Klein, modeled in Paris and Milan, and appeared in a nationwide Pizza Hut commercial.

After some success in modeling, Kutcher moved to Los Angeles and, after his first audition, was cast as Michael Kelso in the television series That '70s Show, which debuted in 1998 and became a long-running success. Kutcher achieved some stardom and was cast in a series of film roles; although he auditioned but was not cast for the role of Danny Walker in Pearl Harbor (2001), he starred in several comedy films that performed well at the box office, including Dude, Where's My Car? (2000), Just Married (2003), and Guess Who (2005). In addition, he appeared in the family film Cheaper By The Dozen, playing a self-obsessed actor. His 2004 film The Butterfly Effect was an unusually dramatic role for Kutcher, playing a conflicted young man; the film received poor reviews but became a box-office success. Kutcher's characters are sometimes described in the press as "dim pretty-boys"; Kutcher himself has said that he is working "to change people's perceptions" about himself.

In 2003, Kutcher produced and starred in his own series on MTV's Punk'd. The series involves various hidden camera tricks performed on celebrities. Kutcher is also an executive producer of the reality television show Beauty and the Geek, which debuted in 2005, and will produce a reality show based around the rap group Three 6 Mafia, as well as another reality series entitled Wedding Crashers. Kutcher and his producing partner, Jason Goldberg, are also working on several other series, which are in various stages of pre-production as of September 2006.

Kutcher's most recent film role is in The Guardian, a thriller which opened on September 29, 2006. The film co-stars Kevin Costner and Kutcher as United States Coast Guard rescue swimmers. The studio behind the film, Touchstone Pictures, initially hesitated in casting Kutcher in an action film because of his public image as a comic actor; Kutcher underwent eight months of physical training and quit smoking to prepare for the role. Kutcher also voiced a leading character in the animated film Open Season, which opened on the same date as The Guardian, and most recently appeared in the drama film Bobby, which was released in the US in November of 2006. Both The Guardian and Open Season did well at the box office, opening up at the number one and two spots. Open Season stayed in the top five for over a month and was a smash hit.

Kutcher has dated a variety of celebrities, including KITS-FM Live 105 radio morning show co-host Renae Ravey (from 1996-1998), singer Julie Ramynke and actresses January Jones (from 1998 to 2001), Ashley Scott (from 2001 to 2002), Monet Mazur (2002) and his Just Married co-star, Brittany Murphy, 2002 to 2003. Following his break-up with Murphy in early 2003, Kutcher began dating actress Demi Moore; reports in the media frequently commented on the fifteen-year age difference between the two. Both would eventually spoof the issue in a monologue on the March 19, 2005 episode of Saturday Night Live. Kutcher, who served as guest host, brought Moore on stage while Moore was made-up to appear like an old woman who constantly babied Kutcher. Moore and Kutcher married on September 24, 2005 in a private ceremony conducted by a rabbi of the Kabbalah Centre; the wedding was attended by about 100 close friends and family of the couple, including Bruce Willis, Moore's ex-husband. Kutcher has described the marriage as an "illogical decision", but one he "couldn't help making".

Both Kutcher and Moore are followers of the Kabbalah Centre, a controversial California-based organization which alleges that it teaches Kabbalah, a form of Jewish mysticism. As part of his involvement in the religion, Kutcher has toured Israel with Demi Moore, as well as taken time off from filming to observe traditional Jewish High Holy Days, celebrated the Jewish holiday Purim, and married Moore in a Kabbalah ceremony conducted by a rabbi. Kutcher also usually wears the traditional Kabbalah Red string.

Kutcher is good friends with his former That '70s Show co-stars Danny Masterson and Wilmer Valderrama, as well as actor Seann William Scott. Kutcher has also invested in an Italian restaurant in Los Angeles named Dolce (other owners include Masterson and Valderrama) and a Japanese-themed restaurant named Geisha House.

In October 2006, Kutcher saved an elderly man from drowning while vacationing in Turkey with some friends. Incidentally this happened just after Kutcher had finished making The Guardian where he played a rescue swimmer.

Kutcher stated in a 2004 article in GQ that he knew why people wanted him to fail, implying it had to do with his marriage to Moore.

Bio from Wikipedia

FANS
JMRamos
effie

Last edited by your creation; 01-26-2013 at 02:19 PM
M.I.S.S.Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Master Fan

I made some Ashton art:

Wallpapers:

All wallpapers are 800 X 600.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread.

Wow, those arts are awesome!
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Anji...
Old 04-09-2007, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome.

So, did you watch any of the last eps of Punk'd?
Old 04-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Master Fan

No, they don't air here... or if they do I have no idea when...
Old 04-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Loyal Fan

I missed it . Im so mad I was all set yp to watch it to. I hope they repeat it.
***Missy*** Thank you for all the hard work you put into the opening of this thread. Its beautiful . You rock

PFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Missy - The opening looks great.

Laura - All of the eps will air.............they just gave a sneak peek of all the eps this weekend. So, you will still have a chance to see them.

There were some good ones.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Master Fan

Thank you! I appreciate that! I try to include all that same information whenever I open a thread for a celeb, male or female. That way if someone stumbles upon the thread, 1) They'll have a pic of the person in the banner, plus a list of their movies/appearances and a small bio on them and that can peak newbie's interests!
Old 04-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Missy, that does make for a very welcoming opening post.

Melinator, which were your faves out of the new ones?
Old 04-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

Hmm, I'm not sure. I tend to like the ones of celebs I really like the most. The non celeb ones I don't really care about too much. The Michael Jackson and Tom Cruise look alikes were insane...........they looked like the real deal.

What about you?
Old 04-10-2007, 12:23 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Anji!
Old 04-10-2007, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Melinator, same here. I just skip to those that I know, lol. I knew Evi was being Punk'd, so I kept a lookout for her.

Sure thing, Missy.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

I figured you'd like the Evi one.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It was cute. I also loved seeing Jason Ritter....though it's still hard. And, the Hayden one was great, lol.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top