Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-24-2010, 06:27 PM
Master Fan

Episode 4x17 - "Million Dollar Smile" Discussion Thread

Million Dollar Smile
Wednesday March, 24 2010

When Betty goes to get her braces off, she is knocked unconscious and enters a dreamlike state where she sees how her life would've turned out if she'd never gotten her braces in the first place.

Promo

Promo Pics

Old 03-24-2010, 10:15 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hmm no thoughts ?

I'm half and half on this episode - I liked some parts, meh on others.

icon:goutdevodka
Old 03-24-2010, 11:44 PM
Elite Fan

The darker side of Betty. Kinda loved it. Weird "what if" but hilarious and fun. The ending, OMG. Betty looked sooo good without the braces. I was thinking I wouldn't like it because then it would be a weird change, but I totally dig the look. America has never looked better than in the What If sequence, yowza, she was fierce and hot! Loved Amanda stopping Tyler and saying "we all need a break" she's maturing. Austin came back!!! So happy for Justin.

3 episodes left? I see Gio's back next week. But Christina is too!

kenny | credit
Old 03-25-2010, 07:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

I did not love the episode. The alternate reality did not do much for me and the resolution with Betty getting stuck to the bra was stupid. Kind of took a way from the pleasure of seeing Halley Feifer (Alison, A-Bomb) and Donna Murphy (Eve) as guest stars. (BTW, Dr. Frankel said she was also showing Anna Paquin her life without the gap in her teeth. Anna Paquin and Halley Feifer were both in The Squid and the Whale. More of a coincidence than last weeks Gossip Girl shout out)

On the other hand the Suarez alternate home was the Ukrainian Insititute of America

I wish there was more of the episode spent in this reality. The Daniel/Amanda/Tyler and Justin/Austin stuff was good and I could have used more of it.

Last edited by portiaslegacy; 03-25-2010 at 10:08 AM Reason: Remembered Tyler's name
Old 03-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Passionate Fan

I kind of liked the episode , But I think Betty's dream was so long

I wish they make it short , almost all the episode talked about it

I was expecting something else in this episode , I thought that Hilda's wedding in this episode
Old 03-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Fun episode. I just love "what if's"

And her braces are now off

I can't believe there's only a few episodes left
Old 03-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

I loved the episode too!! It was fun to watch and I'm happy Betty has her braces off now!

I'm sad there's only a few episodes left too.

My ships:

Betty Daniel Harry Hermione Clark Chloe Clark Lois
Old 03-25-2010, 05:03 PM
Elite Fan

Only 3 left, right?

kenny | credit
Old 03-25-2010, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep
Old 03-25-2010, 05:08 PM
Elite Fan

It's starting to feel like they are wrapping it up, too. With Gio and Christina next week.

kenny | credit
Old 03-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, at least people from the past are appearing one last time before the end
Old 03-25-2010, 05:11 PM
Elite Fan

I could honestly do without Gio.

I don't see Betty ending up with, anyone. Especially Daniel. I think she's going to pull a s2 finale on us, and pick her.

kenny | credit
Old 03-25-2010, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that could work so that it won't be upsetting as many people with her not ending up with the one they want
Old 03-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by own worst enemy (View Post)
I think she's going to pull a s2 finale on us, and pick her.
That's what I'm hoping hard for. Anything other than have her regress and end up with Henry again

I enjoyed this episode anyway, I like "what if" scenarios too, and it was nice to see Betty realise that as much as she hated the braces, they played an important part in making her the awesome person she is today! Alternative-world was a bit scary though, especially with Betty and Wilhelmina in cahoots with each other, and not even a Daniel-Betty friendship at all. Hilda did make me laugh a bit, as did pimp!Papi. And America looked gorgeous, I don't imagine make-up/hair had to do much to her there to make her look good

I really hate that Wilhelmina has gone back to trying to steal Meade again, though - she's tried and failed so many times before, you'd think she'd just give it up. I really hope she doesn't manipulate Tyler into doing something he'll regret. I was hopeful with his and Amanda's kiss at the beginning, because I really like them and think they're a cute couple, but then it was sad to see them "take a break" at the end, though it's probably needed. I just hope we get some other hints towards them nearer the end of the show.

And AUSTIN!!! So happy to see him show up at the end, though as I've said in a couple of threads now, I hate that they introduced him so late into the show, because I feel like it's the first thing the writers have done right in AGES, and I'd have loved to see much more of him and Justin. Gah.

And I hope Tyler and Daniel resolve things, and he patches things up with his mum, it's sad to see the Meade family at odds with each other. They need to present a united front if they don't want Wilhelmina to beat them!

Also, FECK YEAH at Betty finally getting her braces off. It's been a long time coming. And randomly, the look on the security guard's face when Betty first shouted "A-Bomb!" was hilarious And again when she did it after waking up, I love how Daniel was like "no no, it's not a bomb!" Seeing him there at her side, and then comforting her when she was getting her braces off was really sweet, it's been so long since we've had any decent scenes between the two of them.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

Oh Gio and Christina next week ? AWESOME

I kinda hope Betty ends up alone at the end - I think it's fitting. Plus, that way, those who ship can make up their own scenario and have their ships end in any way right ? I think it'd be pretty cool if they left it open-ended like that and let people fill in Betty's love life with their imagination.

I really liked the Justin/Austin - glad Austin came back.

icon:goutdevodka