Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-06-2010, 04:19 AM
Master Fan

Episode 4x10 - "The Passion of the Betty" Discussion Thread

The Passion of the Betty
Wednesday 6th January 2010

When Betty becomes concerned that she and Matt are spending too much time together, she tries to give him something else to be passionate about -- a surprise gallery showing of his art work -- with unintended results (Tony Award-winning actress Christine Ebersole guest stars as Frances, the gallery owner). Meanwhile, Marc is horrified that his one-night stand, Troy (Matt Newton), is falling for him, since Marc was Troy's "first," Hilda grapples with whether or not to tell Bobby that he's the father of her unborn child, and Cal Hartley hires a Hollywood powerhouse, Denise Ludwig (Nadia Dajani), to replace Wilhemina.

Promo

Promo Pics

See more promo pictures at SpoilerTV.

Sneak Peeks

Old 01-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT Sadia I'm happy to see Dr Farkus again
Old 01-06-2010, 11:16 AM
New Fan

YAY, Betty's finally back *___* Can't wait till tomorrow to watch it...you're so lucky you can watch it today!
Old 01-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

the miss you much clip is going to go down as an all time classic.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

Awesomenes! Thank you for the new thread, Sadia!
Old 01-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

Opening MB montage Really?! That was heavily unnecessary.

But then...it turned, and now it's totally the beginning of the end for them. Rejoice! Love you, UB.

Marc is pissing me off. That guy is hot...despite the clinger sitch, but it's been quite a while since Cliff, so Marc needs to just ride the wave.

kenny | credit
Old 01-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

I FORGOT that is on tonight thanks for the heads up guys for those of us on Pacific time its on at 10:00 PM right? I'll need to remember to watch it
Old 01-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Elite Fan

This episode was a whole lot of meh.

Meh to Betty/Matt, but I thought the last scene with the journal was pretty cute.

Meh to Willi getting her job back, and how she did it.

Meh to fake Santos. (Daddy doesn't like him...he's a thug...father of Hilda's kid...yawn).

Meh to Daniel/Cal/Claire conflict.

Highlights were Amanda/Marc, Amanda, and Justin, who weren't the focal point anyway.

icon
Old 01-07-2010, 11:54 AM
New Fan

awesome episode!!!

yayy!!! willy is back!! cant wait to find out more about her and connor! and cal is finally gone!

amanda was hilarious this episode!

ugly betty is still as amazing as ever!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

I really loved the Matt/Betty sequence in the beginning. Because as sugary as it was and as lukewarm as I am towards them as a couple it was actually kinda cute, and well made. The song was also perfect and really added to the feel. I also thought they were surprisingly cute in the sequence (even though I totally feel Betty's annoyance with having someone around ALL THE TIME).
Old 01-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

Saw it on ABC.com and I thought it was... interesting. I dunno. Probably wouldn't make my top 5 faves of the season. Probably because of all the Matt stuff but it's good to know he's on his way out. I gotta say, those paintings he did were pretty impressive; especially the one Amanda bought.

Hilda announcing her pregnancy was... well I guess as long as her dad and the baby-daddy knows, the way it was revealed shouldn't be of any concern. But then Bobby is another Suarez sister love interest I'm not interested in so his whole "I'm not a thug" thing and Superdad's ongoing feud with him didn't really speak to me. I'm gonna predict his family *is* in fact connected with some shady underbelly and he pays the price. Would getting shot by a rival gang crime boss be redundant? Hmm. I'm pretty sure I liked the Mode plot line over the Suarez plotline...

... Well, except for Marc leading on that poor Mode guy who's in love with him (played well by Becki's bro). Geez, I know Marc's kind of a superficial jerk but tricking the guy into driving to a dangerous neighborhood and all that? Cringe worthy. And Amanda's baby duck theory doesn't really justify it (cute as it may have sounded). But really they weren't as bad as Cal Hartley who is Thank God gone! Claire sure took her sweet time realizing Daniel was making sense and picking a ruthless billionaire over family was not the way to go.

And as I read this over, it looks like, apparently every single couple or romantic subplot annoyed me this week. Wow.

Well, with the Hartley men out and Wilhelmina back (who surprisingly enough had the only storyline I really liked!), I'm sure the next episode will be better.

Last edited by Veiled Vesta; 01-08-2010 at 04:17 PM
Old 01-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

You know Matt is my favorite Betty Love interest but yes I could totally get feeling annoyed by him Bu then when the art show happened the tension was so great and it came from a place I totally believed in. I think in some way Matt was over compensating for having all the dark thoughts and manifest anger towards Betty through the more saccharine togetherness. And I loved how they tied Justin wanting to watch BUtterfield 8 with Betty's fantasy being inspired by Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf (the two movies Elizabeth Taylor won her best actress Oscars for, BTW BUtterfield 8 is terrible and dull- other than Taylor's character yelling "I was the **** of all time" at her mother it has nothing to recommend it)

Also I loved the plotting to get Wilhelmina back at MODE. All pitch perfect in the balance of being a Soap and parody of one. Also nice dig with the canned director returning to work as a television executive.

Bobby is really Santos part 2. I am kind of bothered, but I am more charmed by Bobby for whatever reason.

Marc's story was the weak point. It just made Marc look pretty skeevy even if Troy was presumptuous and needy
Old 01-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Fun episode

Marc trying to keep his distance from the guy that's chasing him, Amanda following the clothes to Wilhelmina, and the way Hilda just accidentally blurted out that she's having that guy's baby was hilarious

Most of those paintings Matt did of Betty were a bit creepy, but that one that Amanda held up in front of Betty...

Can't wait for next episode
Old 01-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Normally i judge an episode on how much Detty it has in it and considering this didn't have hardly any Detty scenes.I thought it was great.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

I was disappointed by how Marc was acting. Very cringe-worthy. Which is why I'm hoping it's because he built a wall since Cliff. And that maybe this guy can help tear it down. But I don't know if they are going there...I think the idea of him losing his virginity to Marc was like a red flag for him, and all the obsessiveness made him come off more cartoon-like. While I've been dying for Marc to get more of a story, this is kinda working against his character for me right now.

Dr. Farkas, while I love Jesse on Modern Family, didn't need to be in this episode. It was just too odd and weird, how much he was intensely into Betty.

kenny | credit