Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2022, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

day was OK...I did make it to church..walked both ways...and walk watched my online services and a few hallmark Christmas movie replays from last night via Peacocks... they copied OUAT and made a little city with characters from an old book....but I like it for the most part

how was work today
Old 12-04-2022, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Yes, I have. I didn't like it. I had hoped that Kingdom of the Crystal Skull would be the last one. I don't like how Harrison is desecrating his classic characters, like Han Solo and Indiana Jones.
Yeah I agree

this new one looks decent

But I thought Crystal Skull was a good ending to the series

If they end up killing him off here too I will be upset

Really though some series really don’t need to be rebooted or continued just for the sake of it
Old 12-04-2022, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'd be mad too if they killed off Indy...and also I was mad when they killed off Han Solo... to to make Kylo Ren as evil as Vadar
Old 12-04-2022, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That sounds nice. How was the service?

OMG, that reminds me. I have to take post counts today.

Oh, what Hallmark Christmas movie was that?

Work was okay. Wasn't too hard. It was also kinda warm today.

Looks like the Chiefs have pulled ahead of the Bengals. If they win I'll be 4-4. But the Chargers are now losing to the Raiders, which I didn't expect.
Old 12-04-2022, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
Yeah I agree

this new one looks decent

But I thought Crystal Skull was a good ending to the series

If they end up killing him off here too I will be upset

Really though some series really don’t need to be rebooted or continued just for the sake of it
Well, I don't like the idea of this new female character replacing Indy. That would be very disrespectful. It would be like what the new Star Wars movies did with Luke and Rey.

What I liked about Crystal Skull was Indiana and Marion getting married. But now I have to wonder what happened to her.

I agree. I'm sick and tired of Hollywood doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
I'd be mad too if they killed off Indy...and also I was mad when they killed off Han Solo... to to make Kylo Ren as evil as Vadar
Me too, Dave. I really despised what those Star Wars sequels did. They were trash.
Old 12-04-2022, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

service was good.... weather was great...clear but cold... not gonna get too many clear Sunday mornings from now until April

It was called a Fabled Holiday.... aired last night, but I chose to watch Live Shadowmountain service instead

Cam/ Matt might get a Parlay... mine depends on the Dallas and TB games....
Old 12-04-2022, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah that actually put me off on wanting to watch that movie

I get evil Kylo though because he’s kind of? based off of the characters from the expanded universe before Disney dumped on it

as one of Han and Leia’s twins Jacen
Old 12-04-2022, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Well, I don't like the idea of this new female character replacing Indy. That would be very disrespectful. It would be like what the new Star Wars movies did with Luke and Rey.

What I liked about Crystal Skull was Indiana and Marion getting married. But now I have to wonder what happened to her.

I agree. I'm sick and tired of Hollywood doing that.

Me too, Dave. I really despised what those Star Wars sequels did. They were trash.
Oh Marion and Indy was one of my favorite parts of Crystal Skull too
Old 12-04-2022, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah that actually put me off on wanting to watch that movie

I get evil Kylo though because he’s kind of? based off of the characters from the expanded universe before Disney dumped on it

as one of Han and Leia’s twins Jacen
Yea...I didn't really care for the storyline that he was Solo's son.... but Disney wanted to keep the Star Wars family theme...good guys/ bad guys related to each other

Alex...yes...I have a New thread waiting in the oven ready to be served
Old 12-04-2022, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I do remember something about one of Han and Leia's children falling to the Dark Side in the Star Wars literature, but Disney said that none of those books are considered canon anymore.

Yeah, I was happy that Marion and Indy got married. I had wished she was in The Last Crusade when I thought that was the final Indiana Jones movie.

Quote:
service was good.... weather was great...clear but cold... not gonna get too many clear Sunday mornings from now until April

It was called a Fabled Holiday.... aired last night, but I chose to watch Live Shadowmountain service instead

Cam/ Matt might get a Parlay... mine depends on the Dallas and TB games....

I'm glad the weather was good, Dave. Yeah, enjoy it while it lasts. Lake Erie gets really cold in the winter.

Oh, okay. Was it good?

Thanks for having a new thread ready, Dave.
Old 12-04-2022, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes...I enjoyed the movie.... I liked the 2 main characters and the people that played them in Fabled Holiday
Old 12-04-2022, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah Disney sucks

I’m personally still someone who likes those expanded universe novels

Actually own one of them after getting it from a library book sale a few years ago but haven’t read it yet
Old 12-04-2022, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I haven't read the Jedi Twins expanded books...I did read the Mara Jade ones...older books that took place right after RotJ....
Old 12-04-2022, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yes...I enjoyed the movie.... I liked the 2 main characters and the people that played them in Fabled Holiday
Cool. If you ever want to watch that one, let me know.

Quote:
Yeah Disney sucks

I’m personally still someone who likes those expanded universe novels

Actually own one of them after getting it from a library book sale a few years ago but haven’t read it yet
I hate the Disney bought Lucasfilm, Marvel, and 20th Century Fox.

The only Star Wars novel I ever read was Splinter of the Mind's Eye. It was a Luke/Leia adventure that was published right after the original Star Wars came out. It was briefly considered for a potential sequel to the original Star Wars before Lucas began work on The Empire Strikes Back. I never got a chance to read any of the others. I did like the Marvel Comics Star Wars series, though.

Oh, yeah... Mara Jade Skywalker, the greatest non-canonical Star Wars character ever. She doesn't exist in the movies, sadly.
Old 12-04-2022, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

https://www.fanforum.com/f244/burnt-...#post107715669
Closed Thread   Post New Thread