Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

Like Michael Scott, It's Time For Me To Say Goodbye

I never dreamed this day would come, but it's time for me to step down as moderator of this board. This was an incredibly difficult decision to make. I love this board so much and have been a part of this fandom from the very beginning. I posted on The Office thread on the Television board before we got the board and I was a part of the campaign to get the board. The day we got the board was so amazing. And being selected to moderate the board shortly after was one of my happiest days on Fan Forum. This was my first moderating position and this board really is my Fan Forum baby so it's extremely difficult to let it go. As most of you know, I went back to school this year which is of course putting more demands on my time. And with my other duties on Fan Forum as well as balancing and devoting time to other things in my personal life on top of school and work, this is a decision I have to make.

Aside from having a place to discuss the show we love so much, the best part of this board and moderating this board has been the community we've shared here and all the friendships we've developed on and off Fan Forum which I know so many of us here can attest to. I love you guys. My stepping down doesn't mean those friendships won't continue. And I'll still be stopping by the board from time to time to discuss the show and chat with you guys in OT.

The board has had many posters come and go over the years and has gone through many phases. The show is older now, Jim and Pam got together and got married, and now Michael is leaving the office. I know some people's feelings about the show have changed over the years and they've left the fandom and stopped watching or stopped posting and just don't have the passion to discuss it anymore. And Steve/Michael leaving the show is probably going to mean another wave of that. Because I love this board so much, I have to bring up the post count here and the fate of the board. Luckily we've always met the minimum post count here and have never been in danger but quite honestly the past couple of years the posts have mostly come from the mods. Don't get me wrong we have a couple of posters that post in a variety of threads fairly regularly and we have a number of posters that stop by the ep discussion thread or a thread or two when they can and we love that and we're so thankful for all of you (please know that!), but Marie and I just want to reiterate that ultimately it's up to you guys if you want the board to remain here on Fan Forum and to do that posting is very important. Please support the board and post when you can if you want the board to remain here. If you have any ideas for the board or ideas to increase posting/activity or for a new thread or discussion don't hesitate to pm Marie (or whoever her new co-mod might be down the line). If you're a past poster on this board and still have an interest in the show or if you've never posted on this board but watch the show and have an interest, please come by and post and get involved. The board needs someone who has an interest in modding this board and we need posters period. If any of you have any questions about modding and what's involved, don't hesistate to pm me or Marie and we'll be glad to talk to you about it.

I have to thank my bestie Liz (Firestar007) for the time we spent modding this board together. It was amazing when the two of us found out that we got selected as moderators and would get to mod the booard together. We had a great run.

I also have to thank Kush (Wingster) who was a great co-mod and contributed to this board.

And last but not least I have to thank Marie (ILoveOTH23) who has and I know is going to continue to do an amazing job modding this board.

All 3 of you were great co-mods and are also friends.

And of course I have to give a huge thank you to each and every poster here......past, present, and current. I really have appreciated each and every single poster and post here. And I've become friends with so many of you. You guys know who you are.

Mel
Old 04-13-2011, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Mel!!! My heart is breaking a little bit inside, but I totally understand why you need to do this. But Mel, seriously, you are the best mod I have ever seen. I wish we could like go back in time to when the board was new and all the original posters and Liz were still here, but things change. I know for me this board will never be the same without you.
icon
Old 04-13-2011, 11:54 PM
Master Fan

Mel , it's so weird not seeing your name on the board, but I know this is something you had to do. I totally agree with Jess in that you're the best mod. I know when I was a mod briefly my goal was to be like you. I actually think the main reason I wanted to be a mod was because I LOVED this board so much and what you and Liz brought to it. You guys really were the perfect mod team. I'm so sad that you're stepping down, but know you would only do that because you need to. Everyone knows how much you love the show, board, and FF. More importantly, though, I'm so grateful for the time you spent modding this board, because it allowed us to become friends and our friendship is so special to me. I think I'm rambling now, but you're amazing and I know this must be very painful for you. It's going to be so sad not having you as a mod here! Love ya girl!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

When I first heard about this I was shocked. For my entire time on this board you've been a mod here..not having you on is gonna be a bit odd. I hope this isn't the last we'll see of you.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

Awww thanks so much Jess. Your words means so much. I really appreciate it. And yep we had so many amazing times on this board back in the day. I'll always treasure those memories.

Steph - Thanks so much sweetie. You're making me cry. Thanks for all your kind words. I'm so blessed to have you as a friend.

Thanks Kush. Being here from the beginning........almost 5 years now makes it so hard. I don't quite believe it yet either. I'll definitely still be stopping by here and there.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 04-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

^ Perfect ani!

Mel, you'll be greatly missed as a mod here. You're amazing!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

Can't believe it! I'm in shock

Good luck with everything Mel! and I hope we'll still get to chat
Old 04-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

Awwww Marie.

Thanks so much Jamie.

Awww, Amy, thanks so much. I hope so too. You know I'll still visit my Ryan threads.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry to hear that you're stepping down Mel. I wish you the best of luck.
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
Old 04-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Extreme Fan

I know I haven't been here very long but you did a great job and I wish you the best of luck in school and stuff. Come back in and post though!

Avatar made by soulmatejunkee on Livejournal
Old 04-15-2011, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am sorry Mel! You know I love you and respect your decision...I just had to use that animation.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Aww, that means alot Marie.

Thanks Rachel.

Thanks Shannon. I will.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh, I'm so sad to read that

07/07/17 - Met David Tennant, Nathan Fillion, Sarah Wayne Callies, Ruth Connell, Alex Kingston, Freema Agyeman... at MTLCC17 -
09/07/17
Old 04-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

Marie, that was my exact reaction when I came on this thread!
icon