Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2021, 09:05 PM
Moderator Support Team

Rupert Appreciation #59 ~ Still appreciating after 20 years!

Welcome to the Rupert Appreciation Thread

Rupert Alexander Lloyd Grint was born on August 24, 1988. He is the eldest child of Nigel, a former race car memorabilia dealer, and Jo, a homemaker, who travel with and chaperone him when he makes appearances. He has one brother, James, and three sisters, Georgina, Samantha and Charlotte.

He grew up in Hertfordshire, an English county north of London. He attended the Richard Hale Secondary School in his home town where he took an interest in school plays and took part in after school drama classes. He also performed at the local theater company, Top Hat Stage School, in such productions as Peter Pan, Annie, playing a character called “Rooster” and Rumpelstiltskin in Grimm Tales.

It seems like such a long time ago now that Rupert was chosen for the part of Ron Weasley, the red-headed and fiercely loyal best friend of Harry Potter.

When word got out that Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone was going to be made into a movie, Rupert was admittedly very eager to land the part of Ron, mainly because he was such a huge fan of the Harry Potter books and felt he related and identified with Ron the most, right down to his fear of spiders!

He always had an avid interest in acting but never really considered the possibility of having a career in the business – that is, until he learned of the auditions for the first Harry Potter movie.

[center]“I found out you could audition by sending in a picture of yourself and some information to Newsround. After not hearing anything for weeks and weeks, I then learned that some had sent in videos of themselves so I decided to do my own. I pretended to be my drama teacher who unfortunately was a girl and then I did a rap of how I wanted to be Ron and then made my own script thing and sent it off.”

I think it's fair to say that with his obvious eagerness, determination and creativity he greatly impressed the casting director, who luckily, for Rupert (and for us), called him in for an audition, and several auditions later, got called into director Chris Columbus' office where he was told he had gotten the coveted part of Ron Weasley, along with Emma Watson, who got called in at the same time, for the role of Hermione Granger.

Landing the part of Ron was a real dream come true for Rupert. Not having any prior professional experience, he showed up on his first day of shooting awestruck by all of the sets and the atmosphere surrounding a movie production.

“Walking into the 'Great Hall' for the first time was absolutely incredible – all of these effects with all of the candles floating in the air, all lit and everything, food on the table, all the flambeaus were lit – it was just incredible, it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life.”

But he was a tad nervous, as well.

“It was really weird but also so much fun. I had a really good time on set.”

Yet, very eager to learn his new craft.

“We just started filming, and after every scene was shot, we had a rehearsal for the next one.”

From the moment Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone was released, people took notice of this young man's amazing comedic abilities and remarkable talent as an actor. In fact, he made such a huge impression with his portrayal of Ron that he received a British Critic's Circle nomination for Best Newcomer, and later won Outstanding New Talent at the Golden Satellite Awards from the Independent Press Academy.

He has worked on the first 5 Harry Potter movies and he has signed on to do the remaining 2. In fact, he is set to start principal photography on the sixth film – Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince in September 2007.

Rupert is now very keen in pursuing a career in acting. In between working on Harry Potter, he has done other projects: two voice recordings and two movies; 'Thunderpants', released in 2002, where he played a geeky young teen inventor and 'Driving Lessons', where he plays the shy, reserved son of a vicar who gets a job helping an eccentric retired actor, played by Julie Walters whom also happens to play Mrs. Weasley in Harry Potter, in order to get away from the influence of his domineering mother, played by Laura Linney.

In his spare time, Rupert enjoys, among other things, golfing, quad-biking, football, learning to play the guitar, drawing – in fact, he can apparently draw a caricature of someone in less than 60 seconds. He loves drawing so much that he would have probably pursued a career in the field of arts if it wasn't for his greater love of acting.

[center]“Now I think if I wasn't an actor, I would have done something related to drawing. I'd love to be a designer. Drawing is one of my favorite pastimes.”

He also bought himself a unicycle for his 14th birthday because...

“Riding it looks really good on TV!”

He is one of the most recognizable young stars in the world today but he has tried to keep as normal a life as possible. His family and friends have helped to keep him grounded.

“I've tried to have a really normal life, and I have because my family treats me normal, and my friends treat me just the same.”

He has gathered a large number of devoted and loyal fans through the years. He's always available to them whenever he makes an appearance at an event, especially at the Harry Potter premieres. He is well-loved and admired by fans.

[center]“He was such a sweet guy and very shy. At one point, I dropped my pen and he picked it up for me. The whole thing seemed to make him nervous, but he kept smiling and went around all the crowds or as many as his PAs would let him. He went over to a couple of children who were in wheelchairs and even though the floor was soaking wet, he knelt down on his knees to sign autographs and talk to them.”

Rupert is not only funny, sweet, caring, always smiling, soft-spoken, good-natured and shy but he's also a very humble, down-to-earth, kind and thoughtful person – here's a touchingly sad story which exemplifies his compassionate nature:

“Brave Tony Chapman, has lost his nine year battle with leukemia. He was just 14. But three days before his death the Harry Potter fan had a surprise which made the sick youngster extremely happy. He was visited by Rupert Grint, also 14, who plays Ron Weasley in the movies. Tony, who was diagnosed with the disease at five, died in the early hours of Tuesday morning. The Friday before, Rupert paid a visit to Tony, spending the afternoon talking, joking and playing computer games with him.

Tony's mum and dad, Mick and Cheryl had been overcome to see their son so happy with his new friend. It was the first time he had smiled all week.

Mick explained: “I just can't tell you how grateful we are to the paper and to Rupert and his family. It makes my heart break that people care so very much.””

Rupert wanted to visit him and asked his mother to drive him to the Chapman house, after reading about Tony in his local paper. This small gesture to a young man who had so little time left is just one of many reasons why Rupert's so dearly loved and respected by his legions of supporters.

To his many fans, it is inconceivable to think of anyone else playing the part of Ronald Bilius Weasley, as one of the many glowing reviews he received for Goblet of Fire stated – “he IS Ron Weasley”. He has made the part uniquely his own because he really personifies and embodies the role perfectly. We could say he was born to play Ron Weasley!

He has grown immensely since audiences first welcomed him several years ago as the impossibly cute and hilarious youngest Weasley boy and this is why so many fans look forward to see him continue to develop, mature and grow as an actor and an individual. With his unmistakable acting abilities, talent, creativity and personality – he has a very bright future ahead of him, and his legions of fans look forward to following him on this exciting journey.

Rupert Fan Art
  • By amor_depelirrojo- 1
  • By Dex- 1
  • By Laura- 1, 2, 3
  • By unknown artist- 1
  • By Orion Seraphim Lee- 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5

Quotes About Rupert

Here is a compilation of various quotes about Rupert, either from reviews of his work, or from people he has worked with, past and present:

Professional:

Reviews:

Half-Blood Prince

“Radcliffe, Grint and Watson are again all pro, really digging into their now familiar roles with style. Grint in particular gets to shine by showing strong comic chops as he deals with girl problems in the form of the aggressively horny Lavender Brown (a hilarious Jessie Cave.)” ~ by Pete Hammond, Box Office

"We’ve seen Ron and Rupert Grint both grow into themselves, and it lends Ron’s Quidditch success much more depth.” ~ by Devin Faraci, CHUD

“The same is true of Rupert Grint, who has always served as comic relief among the key “Potter” characters, and who comes very close to walking away as MVP (most valuable player) of this film. He’s grown into a very confident young comic performer, and in scene after scene, he finds the exact right pitch at which to play Ron Weasley.” ~ by Drew McWeeny, Motion Captured

“As Ron Weasley, Rupert Grint is hilarious, capturing that feeling of uncomfortable, awkward youth.” ~ by Ella Thorold, The Independent

“Grint’s comic delivery absolutely shines, especially in the love potion scene. I’m really looking forward to seeing what he does with future, non-wizard roles.” ~ by Jenna Busch, JoBlo

“Grint’s Ron – who seems to have put in quite a few stints at the gym – constricted by being Harry’s cheeky sidekick in many of the previous outings, gets a real part, which, as the most naturally charismatic of the three, is welcome.” ~ by Rupert de Paula, Den of Geek

“Some critics claimed already at the Premiere of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban that, acting-wise, Rupert Grint alias Ron Weasley is much more convincing than Daniel Radcliffe. In any case, it is undeniable that the 20-year old is a rising British comedian. He also proved this in the film Driving Lessons (2006).” ~ by Jasmin Welker, Nurnberger Nachrichten

“Grint steals plenty of scenes as Ron Weasley, having developed a range of emotions to add to his comic chops.”

Order of the Phoenix:

"The increasingly suave comic actor Rupert Grint, who consistently steals every scene he's in, ought to be given a more serious intrigue now that he is so much more than just the silly ginger-headed Ron Weasley. Or is this something else they're saving for later?" ~ by Richard Van Busack, Metroactive

"Harry Potter movies is how Radcliffe, Watson and Grint have grown into the roles and advanced as performers. No longer awkward, inexperienced children, they nicely project both the camaraderie of best friends and the gravity of youths forced to mature far too soon." ~ Hindustan Times

"...(emotional range is that of a teaspoon. This is actually something Hermione (Emma Watson) accuses her friend Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint) of in the latest movie, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix). Quite unfairly because Rupert by far outplays Daniel in every one of the five Harry Potter movies." ~ by Sabine Schneider, Manawatu Standard

"And blimey if Rupert Grint doesn't storm the barricades of boyishness to find something emergent, touching and vital in Ron Weasley." ~ by Peter Travers, Rolling Stone Magazine

"Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) is no longer the clown..." ~ by Érico Borgo, Omelete (a Portuguese site)

Driving Lessons:

"Grint, who shows that he has a career in acting after Ron Weasley is gone,..." ~ by Gayle Edmunds, City Press

"Rupert Grint has his first grown-up leading man role in 'Driving Lessons'... such a likeable kid it is fun to see him being manly and getting the girl. Grint is not just a flaky, red-haired sidekick to Harry Potter; he is an actor of growing assurance who looks to enjoy a long, fruitful career." ~ by Skip Sheffield, Boca Raton News

"Brock's alter ego is played by Rupert Grint, who convincingly puts some distance between this role and his Ron Weasley part in the 'Harry Potter' movies." ~ by Jeff Strickler, Star Tribune

"...Grint, who's perfected the art of the adolescent glower and holds his own even with his more experienced co-stars." ~ by Glenn Sumi, NOW Toronto

"Without Grint playing Ben low-key, 'Driving Lessons' would be completely lost. His scenes with either Linney or (Walton) are the best in the movie." ~ by Heather Leszczewicz, ON-Milwaukee Movies

"Harry Potter sidekick Rupert Grint -- also putting in a memorable performance -- stars as Ben..." ~ by Liz Braun, Toronto Sun

The hero of 'Driving Lessons' is a gawky, artistic Christian teen... Choosing red-headed Rupert Grint.. to play the ultimate outcast proves a shrewd casting choice... with eyes downcast under dusty-white eyelashes, (that) Grint doesn't beg your sympathy, he demands it." ~ by Sue Pierman, JS Online

"Grint has definitely proved himself as a mature actor with his strong execution and priceless reactions to Walters." ~ by Sophie Campbell, yourMovies

"Broad-shouldered - and looking more like he should be touring with Razorlight than playing Ron Weasley, the second fiddle to Daniel Radcliffe’s Potter - Grint is well out of child star territory." ~ by Mandy Kohler, Xpress Magazine

"...and Rupert Grint does a superb job of realising the slow and often painful transition of Ben, from dingy nerd into something very different." ~ Rather Ronge

"Grint shows just how talented he is as Ben..." ~ by Gayle Edmunds, City Press

"The movie's primary sticky wicket then, is that Walters eclipses her watery, inconsequential co-characters, though Grint proves the exception who, (having noticeably beefed-n-buffed up for his right-of-passage role), holds his own against Walters' tidal wave of talent." ~ by Elsa O'Toole, Blue Yonder

"...while Grint demonstrates he can do more than be Harry Potter's chum. It's a bit of a coming of age role for him as an actor." ~ by Carol Allen, Close-Up Film

"Rupert Grint (Harry Potter’s red-haired sidekick) gives a wonderful physical display of glum adolescent maladroitness..." ~ by Martin Hoyle, FinancialTimes.com

"First time director, Jeremy Brock (who penned Mrs. Brown (1997) and Charlotte Gray (2001)), awarded Rupert Grint the lead role due to his being criminally underused as ‘Ron Weasley’ in the last two Harry Potter instalments. It proves a wise choice as Grint shines as Ben... Grint plays Ben’s initial reticence well, and as his character flourishes during the course of his friendship with Evie, as an actor Grint grows. Casting off the shackles of Harry Potter, his charm lay in his ability to say very little whilst his earnest expressions manage to encapsulate awkwardness, passion and general teenage angst all at once." ~ by Georgina Ludlow, Film Exposed

"Thankfully his latest effort shows a marked improvement... Rupert Grint sounds less like he’s in Grange Hill like he did in the early Potter days and puts in a decent performance..." ~ by Gerard Sampaio, Aol.Entertainment - UK

"Grint is very good at conveying the awkwardness of his character..." ~ by Allan Hunter, Hi-Arts.co.uk

"...and a performance from Grint that shows there's life beyond Hogwarts. Grint is fine as the youngster and his eye contact-avoiding stoicism as he comes up against Walters' unfettered irreverence is a big plus." ~ by Tim Evans, Sky Movies

"Rupert Grint, too, is excellent as the shy, awkward Ben and hints that he could have a future in film beyond his role as Ron in the Harry Potter films." ~ by Tim Carson, Orange.co.uk

"It's a brave move for Grint, who takes his first steps into grown-up cinema with Driving Lessons and displays talent that seems certain of guaranteeing him a long career as an actor. There's a distinction to be made between performance and acting and the big-budget effects-driven world of the Potter films certainly play to the former category. Here he's acting and while the part may not be entirely removed from who Grint is as a person, his off-screen persona never once intrudes." ~ by Joe Utichi, Film Focus

"Grint has a nice line in pained forbearance and looks a good young character actor..." ~ by Trevor Johnston, Time Out London

"Grint (Ron from the Harry Potter movies) plays the bemused straight man to Walters' dotty old bird with aplomb and proves that he should have a career after graduating from a certain wizards' school." ~ by Justin Matlock, Hornsey & Crouch End Journal

"Many have noted that Grint is actually a better actor than the titular fellow he is a sidekick to, and he proves that here in a performance that evokes Gordon John Sinclair in Gregory's Girl." ~ Scott's Movies.com

"As conflicted, poetry-scribbling Christian teenager Ben, Grint leaps at the chance to question the assumption that he has no career beyond playing Ron Weasely in the Harry Potter franchise. It’s an understated performance – there are few of the trademark Weasely grimaces here – which might seem flat were it not for its nice interplay with Walters’ full-on, wine-fuelled drama queen." ~ by Lee Marshall, ScreenDaily.com

"Rupert Grint (who works with Walters in the Harry Potter movies), holds his own as the eternally put-upon Ben in a part well suited to him, proving that a career awaits him after he graduates from Hogwarts." ~ by Daniel Saney, DigitalSpy.co.uk

"Rupert Grint gets to play a lead that will serve him well for later." ~ by Mostic, iofilm - inside out film

"The film follows the story of Ben, ably played by Rupert Grint... As Ben, Grint does just enough to suggest he's capable of shaking off the character of Ron Weasley from the Harry Potter films, for which he is best known. There are a few moments when the shy, awkward teenager resembles the shy, awkward teenage wizard, but they are few and far between, and on the whole it is an excellent performance." ~ by Gareth Edwards, The Scotsman

"Many have noted that Grint is actually a better actor than the titular fellow he is a sidekick to, and he proves that here in a performance that evokes Gordon John Sinclair in Gregory's Girl." ~ by Scott's Movies.com

"And Grint is a terrific foil for her. He maintains the character beautifully, letting us travel from inexperience to the first whiff of self-discovery and independence. It's a remarkably subtle coming-of-age story, and nothing we've seen Grint do before quite prepares us for the delicacy of this performance. Their strong chemistry intriguingly suggests Harold & Maude (without the sex)." ~ by Rich Cline, shadowsonthewall.co.uk

"Grint, maintaining puppy-dog altruism, holds his own in the matriarchal maelstrom, redheadedly adorable to the end." ~ by Ronnie Scheib, Variety.com

"Grint is quite impressive. Adorably dubious at first. Decidely weird and confused... Grint has fantastic screen chemistry with the dazzling Ms. Walters...
"Driving Lessons has the added commercial boost of Harry Potter’s Rupert Grint as the film’s lead!"
~ Frank J. Avella, New York Cool

"Grint, too, is coming into the potential he showed in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Not just a goggle-eyed cutup, he has a subdued humor and a riotous sense of comic timing." ~ by Sara Brady, Premiere Magazine

"Rupert Grint is best known as Ron, the hapless sidekick in the Harry Potter films. So moviegoers might be excused for relegating him to supporting-actor status. But “Driving Lessons,” a comedy-drama in which he co-stars with Julie Walters and Laura Linney, proves that he has what it takes to be a leading man." ~ by Calvin Wilson, St.Louis Post-Dispatch

"Rupert has found his niche with Comedy/Drama movies. This is it, this is what he was meant to do. Harry Potter was a fantastic starting point for him, but this movie is his rocket ship to stardom. ~ from Rotten Tomatoes - The Vine

"Linney and Walters stand out, Walters especially, having great fun with her over-the-top role. But Grint does well for himself opposite the two excellent actresses...
But he can relax about his post-pubescent career. He has made his presence known quite nicely, in a well-made film set in the real world, far away from Hogwarts." ~ by Susan Dunne, Hartford Courant

"17 - the age of terrific young actor Rupert Grint, the redheaded sidekick who finally steps out of Harry Potter’s shadow and shambles his way into a breakout performance in Driving Lessons." by Logan Hill, from New York Metro

"Rupert Grint is breaking free from Ron Weasley..." ~ The Dish

Goblet of Fire:

"...and boffin-boy Ron (Rupert Grint, who outshines everyone in the movie for comedic timing and all-around charm)" ~ by Gregory Weinkauf, Uber Cine

"Fortunately, the whole thing gives us even more reason to appreciate Grint as a performer, as his initial modelling with his mother's newly-procured moldy-old bargain-bin dress robe looks like something Prince's wardrobe would have thrown up before the fall of Cromwell." ~ source unknown

"Come to think of it, I'm starting to think that Grint is the real break-out star of this franchise....
"First, you know, Rupert Grint really steals the show, doing his usual tics of misery and abject terror, but also layering in a hearty amount of adolescent awkwardness, social confusion, pure cornball antics and even jealousy. He's the finest of the trio this time around."
~ by Gregory of Ubercine.com

"But once again Grint, who has grown up to be a talented comic actor, is the scene stealer here. If I had a crystal ball, I’d say he’s the actor whose post-“Potter” future seems most certain." ~ by James Verniere of BostonHerald.com - Welcome

“Grint once again demonstrates impeccable comic timing, suffering the embarrassment of a ballroom dancing with Professor McGonagall (Smith)... and the humiliation of frilly secondhand dress robes.” ~ by manchesteronline

“Rupert Grint as Ron steals the show in the Yule Ball sequences. Be it his irritation at wearing a lacey dress robe, the time when his face is etched with jealousy when Hermione Granger dances with Viktor Krum, or the look of total indifference mixed with irritation when Padma Patil asks him whether he is going to dance with her or not, he is fabulously natural and naturally comic.” ~ by Lavanya Shanbhoge of Welcome to Rediff.com India

“Rupert Grint comes damn close to stealing the movie, though. Grint, like Radcliffe with Potter, IS Ron Weasley. His character is more fun to play, I'm sure, but of the group Grint seems the most natural with the character. I'd be shocked if Grint isn't exactly like Ron in real life, he embodies the character that much.” ~ by Quint of Ain't It Cool News

“He [Newell] manages to elicit performances from Radcliffe, Grint and Watson that dig a little deeper than previously. Grint is the best of them, surely a star in the making.” ~ by Derek Malcolm - Evening Standard, posted at This Is London

“Grint’s portrayal of the redheaded Ron also belies his age, as he displays an incredible comic timing that eludes many actors three times his age.” ~ by Bill Hugel, The Lantern

“And again, Grint's Ron emerges as the most engaging character. Radcliffe's career after Potter is debatable, but Grint, with his incredible comedic instinct and facial command, will without a doubt go on to have a fruitful acting career.” ~ by Jenni Koehler, thedailyutah.com

"(The same things could be said for Watson, delightfully warm and vulnerable as Hermione), and Grint, who has never been better or used quite as well, as Ron. More than the other two, Grint comes into his own here in eye-opening ways, for the first time moving away from being just comic relief and into a full-fledged human being with valid insecurities and resentments. There is a richness to these characters, and to many of the supporting ones, that become all the more evident with each film." ~ Dustin's review at TheMovieBoy.com

”and the movie clearly belongs to Rupert Grint’s Ron and Brendan Gleeson’s Mad Eye Moody, who steal every scene, making it the funniest Potter movie yet.” ~ by Edward Douglas of ComingSoon.net

”Rupert Grint has trouble being dorky because he’s becoming such a young stud.” ~ by Fred Topel of Movie News, Upcoming Releases, Interviews, Reviews, Photos, and More

“It reflects the teenage angst with some of the funniest rib-tickling gags from Harry’s best friend Ron (I would be surprised if Rupert Grint wasn’t born as Ronald Weasley. He’s truly J. K. Rowling’s Ron!)” ~ Published in Mumbai Mirror, India

“However, the character that deserves most the credit in this latest installment is Ron Weasley, played by Rupert Grint. Grint is freakin’ Ron Weasley! Everything about Grint, the tone in his voice, his unsure actions, and his opinions of girls, Hermione especially, is like watching a Ron cloned directly out of the books.” ~ taken from CanMag

”Rupert Grint as Ron redeems the trio, giving an endearing and worthy performance as the awkward adolescent with the even more awkward dress robes sent by his mother for the ball.” ~ by Becky Wolozin of The Cornell Daily Sun

”Grint's performance as the bumbling, insecure Ron - one tired of living in the shadows of "the great Harry Potter" - is spot on.” ~ by Eric Moro of Now Playing Magazine

”...and Grint is a naturally funny performer who understands his character's role in providing comic relief.” ~ by Gary Thompson of The Philadelphia Daily News

”Likewise, Grint provides his best work in “Goblet.” Having been relegated to just making “the Ron face” — as fans of the series call it — in the last two pictures, Grint’s sidekick finally is able to indulge in a bit of rebellious angst stemming from all the attention heaped on Harry.” ~ by Jon Niccum of LJWorld.com

”First off, Rupert Grint is spectacular as Ron, who emerges as the strongest actor and character of the bunch – he carries the weight of the entire story on his thin shoulders, and does it with style. He’s moving out from under Harry’s shadow a bit – or trying to, at least, and yet his obvious affection for both Harry and Hermione (although in different degrees) is charming.” ~ by Brian Buzz Juergens of FreezeDriedMovies.com

”... Grint has the most convincing take on the awkwardness of discovering girls.” ~ by Roger Moore of Portsmouth Herald

"I cannot think of anyone else as Ron except for Rupert Grint, who in fact is the best actor out of all the whole bunch as far as the students go. His facial expressions are brilliant. Having had experience in theatre at a young age, he clearly knows to enunciate well." ~ by Dustin Geisler, Smart-Popcorn.com

"I was especially impressed by the unvoiced acting by Rupert Grint as Ron – he has it tough as he must show jealousy throughout much of the film without a lot of dialogue." ~ by Cheryl DeWolfe, Apollo Movie Guide

"As ever it’s left to Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) to hold it all together and outshine Daniel Radcliffe delightfully. He’s streaks and miles and eons etc. above the rest in terms of natural talent." ~ by Jessica Fostekew, BlackProjection.com

"What surprised me is that Rupert Grint, as Ron, has turned into perhaps the best actor of the three leads. While Emma Watson is mercurial and enthusiastic as Hermione, Grint turns in the most shyly detailed performance and easily walks away with his scenes." ~ by Russ Fischer, C.H.U.D.

"In the area of acting, this trio seemed to do pretty well. However it was Grint (Ron Weasley), who stole the show, leaving the other actors behind with barely above average acting skills." ~ by Justin Pleiss, Review Express

"Rupert Grint again stole a lot of the show as Harry’s sidekick Ron Weasley. His comic bumbling and his inability to cope with the pressures of puberty and teenage life are a constant source of amusement for the audience. There is no doubt Rupert was made for this role and it is almost impossible now to think of Ron without picturing Rupert’s shaggy-haired good-natured countenance." ~ Perth Films

"Rupert Grint does an excellent job playing Ron Weasley, Harry's best friend, and he nearly steals a few scenes." ~ by Mike Keskeys, Smart-Popcorn.com

"Radcliffe has gotten better from film to film. But he's still not quite on par with Grint, who does such a wonderful job as the dense-but-lovable Ron..." ~ by Jeffrey Bruner, DesMoines Register

"So Newell just makes the movie around them, never quite pushing them out the way, but keeping your eyes elsewhere, on the actually talented Rupert Grint (Ron), on little bits of otherworldly oddness… on just-scary-enough action, and... on actual actors." ~ by Kevin Wilson, See Magazine

"Rupert Grint (my favorite of the trio) does a suspiciously and convincingly good job of making Ron sullen while still staying funny." ~ by Barry Paris, Post-Gazette.com

"Rupert Grint is pure delight in his role of Harry’s best friend, Ron Weasley, displaying bitterness and uncertainty, while providing much comic relief." ~ by Maria Grella, The Student Operated Press

"Rupert Grint, who plays Ron Weasley deserves a mention for his well balanced performances that incorporates moments of much needed humour into a generally serious film." ~ by Kate Onyett, Union Films

"The only one that shines is Rupert Grint who plays Ron, mainly because he is just playing an average everyday schoolboy, that makes him come across much more believeable than the others… I have no idea, but the best of the three is still Rupert Grint, who comes across as truly genuine when falling out with Harry." ~ by Nick Staniforth, BritFilms.co.uk

"Ron (Rupert Grint) only improves. His insufferable boyish awkwardness and well-timed grimaces evidences an unassuming but hilarious personality." ~ by Brad Horrigan, The Santiago Times

"Rupert Grint had a rather boring time of it in the first three films. Stuck playing Ron Weasley, the unglamorous yet amusing sidekick, he hasn’t had much chance to show that he can do more than look gormless and raise a laugh. As Harry and Ron’s friendship is placed under increasing strain to the point where they aren’t speaking to each other, Grint gives Ron emotional depth in a moving and restrained performance." ~ by Hannah Costigan, durham21 | front page

"Rupert Grint (Ron) did a great job of being pissed off. His comedic timing is usually his claim to fame, but in this movie he did a good job of bringing forth something other than plucky comedy and exaggerated fear." ~ Rampway Online

"Rupert Grint gives his best performance to date as Ron Weasley by channeling his frustrated angst into his role as just being a best friend while overcoming his unknown feelings for Hermione. Often being the comic relief, Grint brings a lot more drama to his role and he manages to bring out a fine, superb supporting performance." ~ Epinions.com

"The biggest improvement of the three is Rupert Grint as Ron. He finally gets to display an emotion and gesture other than bumbling sidekick and he meets the challenge head on. You believe his anger and frustration effortlessly." ~ by Chris Gonzalez, Movieman's Guide

"Rupert Grint was given more to do than make goofy faces (which he does very well in years one, two and three) and show some legitimate emotion, which Grint nails effortlessly." ~ Cinema Guru Boy

"Rupert Grint pulls off his best performance to date as Harry’s ever supportive, if not occasionally envious, sidekick Ron. The chemistry between him and Emma Watson (Hermione) is tangible as they get will into their angst ridden teenage years." ~ by Alex Wood, Manchester Student-Direct Online

"The most natural presence among the young stars is Rupert Grint as Ron, who is developing into a fine actor with fantastic comic timing and physicality. He has some great scenes, especially with Harry." ~ by Greg Jorgensen, MovieSeer.com

Prisoner of Azkaban:

"The cast is quite good, most notably Rupert Grint as the irrepressible Ron Weasley..." ~ From Rocky Mountain News

"(Watson) and Grint in particular are turning into accomplished scene stealers." ~ From KansasCity.com

"(Watson) and Grint also come into their own and stay true to their characters without overreaching." ~ From Hollywood.com

"Ron (Rupert Grint) [and Hermione (Emma Watson)] have grown more funnier and mysterious, respectively." ~ by Bob Strauss, U-Daily News

"But Rupert Grint is still the one to watch – the kid just has charisma." ~ by Gina Garbone, Portsmouth, New Hampshire - NH - Kennebunkport, Maine - ME

"Rupert Grint’s comic-timing and face reminds me in an odd way of young “DEAD END” Huntz Hall… He’s a warm heart, a great friend and he is the perfect release valve for the frightening. He defuses a scene effortlessly and that is true magic." ~ AICN.com

"Grint’s comedic timing is sharp as always, and he plays the sort of slow doofus friend well." ~ by Mark MacLeod, MovieTome.com

"Rupert Grint took Ron’s gangliness and awkwardness and used it to add comedic light to the dark film." ~ by Meredith Dietrich, Larchmont Gazette

"Rupert Grint has always seemed physically comfortable with being Ron and can handle the subtle signals of Ron’s growing attraction to Hermione." ~ by Gisèle Baxter, I Was A Teenage Werewolf - PoA Review

"Ron isn’t as integral to the story as he has been, but Rupert Grint still has a knack for comic relief, now in the form of a cute budding romance with Hermione." ~ by Jack Moore, MooreMovies.com

Chamber of Secrets:

"…and Rupert Grint's Ron continues to play the goofball, but remains the franchise's only real treat." ~ by Nix, Beyond Hollywood

"The actor who shines for me in this magical story is Rupert Grint who plays Ron Weasley. He has a style all his own and is very entertaining." ~ by Linda, Yampy.co.uk

"In my opinion, this movie far out-rates the first with Rupert Grint’s performance as Ron Weasley being one of the star attractions – his facial movements are superb and one can actually experience his fear or jubilation." ~ by Ailsa Windsor, Going Places

"Grint, even at his young age is showing real promise for comic timing and I predict that he will see character acting success long after the Potter series has finished." ~ by Kernan, GuessTheGross.com

"Still, it's Grint that's the standout among the three. He's a magnetic actor, and his facial expressions are priceless. Grint's the perfect comedian to Radcliffe's straight man." ~ by Tim Lammers, 10News.com

"Grint is funnier than before, and although Ron is constantly in Harry's shadow, to the audience he's every bit as much a hero." ~ by Billy Reeves, http://www.boxofficemojo.com/reviews/?id=55&p=.htm]Box Office Mojo[/url]

"More entertaining is Rupert Grint, a comic delight as Ron Weasley…" ~ by Dustin Putman, TheMovieBoy.com

"My favorite character in this movie was Ron Weasley… Rupert Grint did an excellent job portraying Weasley." ~ Sara Bott and Angela Jones, staff writers - The Daily Athenaeum

"And as Ron, Rupert Grint again steals the show among the child actors. His voice now has a Peter Brady-esque crack, but there’s no way to not laugh at the way he crinkles up his face in frightening situations." ~ Nick Rogers, The State Journal-Register

"The slack is taken up by the rubber-faced Grint, who once again steals many scenes by adeptly playing the frightened tag-along." ~ from Rotten Tomatoes

"Grint is particularly endearing as Weasley and displays a sharp comic timing for his young age." ~ by Michael DiGiovanni, BoldOpinion.com

"Grint shows he's becoming a delightful comic actor with a highly flexible voice. He quite capably handles much of the slapstick (some of the funniest bits involve his backfiring magic wand) and also gets the majority of the movie's best lines." ~ by James Sanford, Interbridge.com

"Radcliffe, however is overshadowed by the wonderful performances Grint and Watson turn in… If Harry is Luke, then Ron Weasley is Han Solo, and Grint perfectly portrays him." ~ by Forrest Hartman, Reno Gazette-Journal

"Rupert (Ron) is definitely the best of the 3 at playing his part. He certainly has become Ron." ~ Source unknown

"Rupert Grint is definitely a good actor and he has all the potential to be the next Tim Allen." ~ by Andrew Chan, uknown publication

Philosopher's Stone/Sorcerer's Stone:

"Ron and Hermione, on the other hand, are wonderful, with Rupert Grint so good that at times you might find yourself wondering why they didn’t call the film ‘The Adventures of Ron Weasley and His Friend Harry Potter’." ~ by Matthew Turner of ViewLondon.co.uk

"Rupert Grint outdoes them both as well-meaning Ron Weasley, combining the expressive face of a 12-year-old Tom Courtenay with the comic skills of a Monty Python member in the making." ~ by David Sterritt of The Christian Science Monitor

"The one who takes the film, though, is red-haired Rupert Grint (Ron) as Harry's sidekick. His facial expressions never cease to be howls of laughter from the audience. If this child actor were in vaudeville, he'd have top billing." ~ by Mary Asner of Tollbooth.org

"Of the three leads, newcomer Rupert Grint as Harry’s pal Ron Weasley, is the most natural and delightful." ~ by Laura Clifford of ReelingReviews.com

"But Robbie Coltrane was fantastic as Hagrid, and it's almost as he and young Grint carry the entire film." ~ by Eric Lurio of The Greenwich Village Gazette

"The most instantly likeable of the kids is Rupert Grint as Harry’s best friend, Ron Weasley. Vulnerable, spirited and funny, he brings vivid energy to the proceedings." ~ by Margaret A. McGurk of The Cincinnati Enquirer

"I really liked Rupert Grint—RUPERT GRINT!—as Ron Weasley. Rupert Grint – exactly the name a kid playing Ron Weasley should have! Rupert has some great facial expressions and is such a charmer. It’s exactly who Ron was to me in the book. He’s funny looking, awkward, but really a good kid. Good job, Rupert. Great going, Grint! etc.etc.etc." ~ by Steven Lekowicz of Reviews On The Side

"Among the veterans, Alan Rickman is better than ever as the sinister Mr. Snape, and among the kids Rupert Grint steals Harry's show as his friend Ron." ~ by Jonathan Foreman of NYPost

"Special credit has to go to Rupert as his performance is superb, he literally steals every scene he is in." ~ Domicilium.com

"Grint has an innocent, funny likeability to him that is truly fetching." ~ by Dustin Putman of AllMoviePortal.com

"…and Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint), all pluck, luck and untamed talents." ~ by Roger Ebert of http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20011116/REVIEWS/111160301/1023]Chicago Sun-Times[/url]

Thunderpants:

"Rupert Grint performs as though he's been treading the boards his whole life even though this is only his second film." ~ source unknown

"Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley in the Harry Potter movies) is absolutely sensational as Alan, totally stealing the show from the wayward Patrick and his chuffing. He is barely recognizable from Ron as the brilliant boffin behind the Thunderpants design with his big false teeth and ultra perm hairdo." ~ Digital Reviews Daily

"The most outstanding performance comes from one of the child actors, Rupert Grint. Following on from his role as Ron Weasley in Harry Potter he does another great job with the character of Alan A. Allen." ~ Domicilium.com

"Rupert Grint follows up his role as Ron Weasley in “Harry Potter” with a totally different performance as whiz-kid Alan." ~ by Nigel Bell, BBC Nottingham Movies

"More importantly, rising star Rupert Grint (who played Ron in Harry Potter) delivers another terrific supporting performance as a child genius." ~ Tiscali Film & TV

"Bruce Cook and Rupert Grint give excellent performances, although Rupert Grint is the one who shines in the film." ~ by James, Splatt Review

"The acting in this film is quite good and Rupert Grint is superb as Allen and masters his funny accent and comes across as quite funny." ~ DooYoo.co.uk

Personal:

"Very sweet and a natural comedian, really gifted." ~ David Yates, HP5 & 6 director, taken from his interview with AOL UK during the OotP DVD Launch

“We immediately fell in love with Rupert Grint,” Columbus says. “He’s extremely funny and has such an incredibly warm presence” ~ Chris Columbus, HP 1 & 2 director, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone Production Notes, 2001

"I love Rupert because he has the best comic timing of anyone! I think he's absolutely hilarious. He can make me laugh like no one else." ~ Emma Watson, HP co-star, taken from her interview with Girl's Life Magazine

"Rupert is just very quiet on the floor. But he has this wonderful comic ability. He’s a very sweet, good–natured, very fine actor. And he just has really good instinctive comic bones." ~ David Yates, Order of the Phoenix director, taken from his interview with Time Out New York Kids

"I've just come along to support Rupert who's absolutely terrific in Driving Lessons.... I was at the tea party for Driving Lessons, so this isn't pure fiction. The journalist reports that I said that Rupert is 'absolutely terrific' in the film. He is, so that bit shouldn't be in the rubbish bin at all. " ~ Jo Rowling, Harry Potter author, on her Web site

"I love Rupert — he is just lovely. He has definitely got a great career ahead of him and is capable of Oscar success." ~ Julie Walters, actress, taken from an interview she gave to The Daily Mail

"Rupert is a very fine actor. He has great comic timing, and a terrific screen presence as well as a marvellous sense of humour. I love the time that I'm in his company. He is a terrible giggler. He sees or hears something funny, and he's away. I see his shoulders start to twitch and I'm off too." ~ Julie Walters, actress, taken from her interview with The Daily Record

"Rupert is an excellent actor." ~ Julie Walters, DL and the HP movie series co-star, taken from a discussion at the screening for DL in Dublin, Ireland

"That is the star power, that is what is special about Rupert." ~ Jeremy Brock, director Driving Lessons, in answer to how despite being this mega movie star, he remains completely normal in an interview he gave with Rupert to 'Fox with Friends' (Fox News) for the North American premiere of the film in NYC

"After seeing Rupert in the Harry Potter movies, I knew he was extremely talented and under-used. It takes real talent to play a character (Ben) who bears witness to the events of his own life throughout the first half of the film and becomes someone who learns to express himself. Rupert far exceeded my expectations." ~ Jeremy Brock, director Driving Lessons, taken from a Q&A session after the screening of the film at the North American premiere - Tribeca Film Festival in NYC

"He was pleased to be able to give Rupert Grint, who plays Harry's best friend, Ron Weasley, room to stretch in "Goblet of Fire." Grint, he says, is such a natural-born comedian that the filmmakers have to fight the urge to let him become simply the comic relief. 'In 'Goblet' we gave him some brass, which made me very happy. Rupert is amazingly funny, but I didn't want him to become Abbott to Harry's Costello." ~ Steve Kloves, screenwriter, taken from his interview in The Los Angeles Times, written by Mary McNamara

"And Rupert is a kind of genius. I really believe that. I think Rupert is someone who has made lines hysterical that, honestly, I don't think are that funny." ~ Steve Kloves, screenwriter, from his interview with Peter N. Chumo II of Creative Screenwriting Magazine

"You might think Rupert was rather dozy, but he's a glorious comic. He'll be a name." ~ Mike Newell, GoF director, from his interview at Telegraph.co.uk

"He's an engaging young man, with sleepy eyes, a slow smile and an ability to stay quiet in conversation then deliver a line almost sotto voce,"... As for Grint, Alfonso Cuaron enthuses, "I've never seen a young actor with such brilliant timing for comedy. But that's Rupert in real life as well. Definitely, there's a career for both of them (he and Emma) if they want it." ~ Rupert and Emma interview by David Gritter of The Los Angeles Times

"(But Thewlis, thinks it will be difficult for them to have acting careers outside the series.) "The most likely is Rupert," he said. "I think he's the most natural actor. He's the oldest of the three. I can imagine him moving on." ~ David Thewlis, actor (Prof. Lupin), from his interview at smh.com.au

"Rupert, I would say, is the most natural performer. He has the most beautiful comedy timing I think I've seen in a child." ~ Robbie Coltrane, actor (Hagrid), taken from his interview with Calgary Sun

Rupert Links

Filmography

CBGB (finished filming)
The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman (finished filming)
Into the White (2012)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010)
Wild Target (2010)
Cherrybomb (2009)
Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince (scheduled release date of July 2009)
Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix (filmed 2006, released July 2007)
Driving Lessons (filmed 2005, released October 2006)
Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire (filmed 2004, released October 2005)
Happy Birthday Peter Pan (recorded 2004/aired 2005)
Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban (filmed 2003, released 2004)
Molesworth (Down with Skool) Baggy Trousers (recorded November 25, 2003)
Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets (2002)
Thunderpants (2002)
Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone (2001)

Rupert Supporters

1. darcybennett/ Darcy
2. L i n d $ @ y
3. ordinayday/ Jennifer
4. **ellie**/ Eleanor
5. summer_17

6. posterofagirl/ Dex
7. irune
8. gilmore-girl123 / Mel
9. Corrsfanre / Regina
10. ocfan27 / Lauren

11. Bella Grint/ Bella
12. EphramIsHot
13. Jsebold87/ Jessica
14. Insanitic
15. DaParTyGirL/ Sabrina

16. onetreehill1216/ Kayla
17. Lisa2011
18. Eromlig/ Lou
19. Go Huskers!/ Joslin
20. Joya/ Joyce

21. Ellipsis/ Ashlie
22. rupertmylove/ Paola
23. thegirlinquestion_x/ Isobel
24. BooPea78/ Leilani
25. Orion Seraphim/ Lee

26. Virginie_GW/ Virginie
27. Sternbetrachter/ Trude
28. Amy_UK/ Amy
29. OnlyOneThatMakesMeSing/ Alison
30. CharleyxoRupert/ Charley

31. bickering love/ Katie
32. Miss Fate/ Gladys
33. thepoison/ Brooke
34. rupie-fan/ Natalie
35. Heroes.Laur� � h

36. Snatches of Sunshine/Yvonné
37. dlittleone
38. NateScottLover
39. Soleya
40. slowly fading

41. honey__tree
42. Olderroswellfan
43. tatibsblp
44. eleonor / Laura
45. sourburst

Thread Title Vault
Because his piglets are almost as cute as he is
Because we love that he has piglets for pets
Because those piglets have the best owner ever

Old 12-12-2021, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

thank you, Katie

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Sternbetrachter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 04:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the title
Old 12-14-2021, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

yeah, it's a good one if I dare say so

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 12-15-2021, 10:53 PM
Moderator Support Team

you're welcome!

it is a great title.
Old 12-16-2021, 03:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternbetrachter (View Post)
yeah, it's a good one if I dare say so
Hahaha
Old 12-18-2021, 10:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

https://screenrant.com/harry-potter-...turn-response/
Old 12-19-2021, 01:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

nice article, thanks

Old 12-20-2021, 07:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

apparently he is at the reunion.

Old 12-21-2021, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

interesting

Old 12-22-2021, 09:01 PM
Moderator Support Team

looks pretty cool!

Rupert is wearing a ring on his left finger, do you think they got married?
Old 12-23-2021, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

he's been wearing that for a while now, I don't know

Old 12-24-2021, 11:01 PM
Moderator Support Team

I don't know either but I feel like we would have heard something if so.
Old 12-25-2021, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

you never know with Mr. Grint

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top