Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-12-2006, 08:58 AM
Banned

S4: "Gala Gallardo" - Episode Discussion

Season 4

"Gala Gallardo"

Escobar Gallardo seeks a cosmetic procedure for his wife, who was brutally attacked by her husband's enemies. Christian and Michelle's future together is threatened when Michelle's violent, dark past is finally exposed. With Julia, Annie, and Conor living in New York, and Matt and Kimber expecting a baby.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:19 PM
Master Fan

Wow. To this episode. Christian and Sean in Hollywood. I feel bad for Escobar's wife. They mutilated her. My husband(who has never seen an episode) was cracking up when Escobar called them sweater puppies. I wish for Sean to find happiness.
I don't like that future episode. We know now that, even though Julia said I love you and she kissed before she left, that they will never find happiness together again.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:39 AM
Total Fan

I really liked this ep. Great ending to a rather mediocre season.
I hope Christian and Sean are planning on staying in California. I'd love to see the show change locations and see our boys take on Hollywood.
Does this mean Julia's gone for good? Was she planning on leaving the show? I hope so.
The Matt/Kimber stuff was a little sad. I don't like them together, but I've always liked them as individuals. Most of the time anyway. I hope they break up.
I'm glad Escobar's finally gone. I knew Liz wouldn't actually shoot him, but as soon as she handed the gun to his wife, I knew she was going to. I hope she doesn't keep popping up in future episodes expecting help the way her husband did.
I'm not at all sad that Christian and Michelle broke up. Is she gone for good now too?
Oh, and I'm glad Liz, Christian and Sean now know the truth about Michelle and that she was a part of the group that took Liz's kidney. I would have been really disappointed in Christian if he had stayed with her. Even though Michelle wasn't actually the one who did it, she knew who did. She'd been lying to him all season long. How could he ever trust her?
I've been complaining most of the season and now it's over.
I'm going to miss it... can't wait for next season.

Icon by Elya

Last edited by *Krissy*; 12-13-2006 at 09:49 AM
Old 12-13-2006, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

I'm back in Maryland and my parents don't get FX! I don't know when I'll be able to see it!
Old 12-13-2006, 11:42 AM
Passionate Fan

Escobar! I'm going to miss him. He was a great villain.

I don't know what to think about the Hollywood stuff yet. It's kinda interesting to see them somewhere else, but I just have to get used to it. I'm going to miss Miami. But they have plenty of work to do in LA, because of all the Stars and stuff. I'm just glad they both ended up there and not just Sean on his own. Those two just belong together. I just wonder if Liz will be there too next season? And what about Wilbur?

I loved it at the end when they all were "singing" that song. I thought it was very funny.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Master Fan

It was very well timed. I did like the song part.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Total Fan

At first, I didn't realize Sean was lip-synching to the song. I was like, who's he talking to??? Lol

And Wilbur's with Christian in LA. He said he took him site seeing all day.

Icon by Elya
Old 12-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Krissy* (View Post)

And Wilbur's with Christian in LA. He said he took him site seeing all day.
Thanks for the info. I didn't catch that part.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
I really liked this ep. Great ending to a rather mediocre season.
It really was. The season overall wasn't that great but this episode kind of made up for all of that. A true return to the roots. My only fear is that because this was so great and could have been set up to end the show for good. That some people in the future may start saying that old phrase of how the show jumped the shark after this moment and should have ended this season.

Quote:
I hope Christian and Sean are planning on staying in California. I'd love to see the show change locations and see our boys take on Hollywood.
Starting their business again, new clients, in a place where they are famous for the operations in Miami. Next season is going to be amazing.

Quote:
Does this mean Julia's gone for good? Was she planning on leaving the show? I hope so.
Read this.

Quote:
The Matt/Kimber stuff was a little sad. I don't like them together, but I've always liked them as individuals. Most of the time anyway. I hope they break up.
I think they will or do break up. There wasn't mention of them together in the future episode was there?

Quote:
I'm glad Escobar's finally gone. I knew Liz wouldn't actually shoot him, but as soon as she handed the gun to his wife, I knew she was going to.
Yeah, saw that coming a mile away. Still though I wasn't sure if she was going to do it until she actually did it.

Quote:
I hope she doesn't keep popping up in future episodes expecting help the way her husband did.
I don't know. I kind of really liked her more than Escobar. A women is a lot more dangerous than a man. However, she is doing business in Columbia/Miami. So if we do see her again I think it would be because she moved operations because of her enemies.

Quote:
I'm not at all sad that Christian and Michelle broke up. Is she gone for good now too?
I don't know. Always leave room for people in the past to come back.

Quote:
Even though Michelle wasn't actually the one who did it, she knew who did. She'd been lying to him all season long. How could he ever trust her?
That was the whole thing. He may have loved her but he never trusted her. Trust really is the foundation for the best relationships. Sean is the only person that he trusts. They are soul-mates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisiana
But they have plenty of work to do in LA, because of all the Stars and stuff.
That's one of the best parts. That now a lot of the famous guest stars can star as themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisiana
I loved it at the end when they all were "singing" that song. I thought it was very funny.
At first I wasn't sure I liked that part. It seemed a little corny but then I started listening to the song. It went very well with the whole idea of this season.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:10 AM
New Fan

Subject - GREAT insight, as always!

1. Thanks for the link on Joley Richardson. Somehow, I feel like I can understand her a little more. Maybe I'm blurring reality with fiction, but I found it interesting that the "dynamic of the show changed with the difficulty of what she was going through..." She CAN'T be that whiney Julia character in real life, can she? Regardless, anyone with a child with special needs is a special person. More power to her, and best wishes. (Had I not read that article I would have signed her off with a "good riddance")

2. I would LOVE to see them in Hollywood! I saw a snippet of the "pre show", where one of them - Sean or Christian - stated that the show was a love affair between two heterosexual men. So true! This WOULD be a good note to end the show on, but the possible story lines to come are just too delicious to pass up!

3. I'm with you guys: does this mean Liz is going to make a move, too? Why not? She needs a new start, too!

4. And what will happen with Matt and Kimber? Will Matt make the move to L.A. OMG! That article said that Julia and Matt dated awhile, too! I thought there was some serious chemistry between those characters!

5. I like the actress that played Michelle. I thought I read somewhere that she signed on to do X amount of additional shows? Maybe not ... anyway, I was so undecided about her character the entire season! Did I like? Or did I just like the actress?! I DO know I was TIRED of her being victimized the ENTIRE SEASON. One minute, she's hard as nails queen b of the office, and the next, she's whimpering to James, Burt or Escobar about being "set free" or being her own person. Whatevah. Now Christian has burned you, and ran off with that darling son of his, Wilbur.

6. I'm sad to see Escobar go, too. But did his wife know how to pull his leash or WHAT? Homegirl knew how to check her man! And I guess she had the ultimate check at the end, huh? Maybe Escobar will come back in Sean's flashbacks? And what happened with Sean's flashbacks? No breakdown? No reocurring Monica flashbacks, either!

Oh well ... it was no Carver season, but I did manage to draft two more fans this season, and they LOVED it. We really enjoyed recapping the episodes the next day! Adios until next season brothers and sisters!

Last edited by Cha Cha; 12-14-2006 at 10:17 AM Reason: typo
Old 12-14-2006, 12:21 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject (View Post)
Thanks for the link. I have nothing against Joely Richardson as an actress. I hope everything works out for her and her family. But I couldn't stand Julia. I'm glad she's gone!

Icon by Elya
Old 12-15-2006, 04:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha Cha (View Post)
I'm with you guys: does this mean Liz is going to make a move, too? Why not? She needs a new start, too!
Part of me would like to see Liz with them but I do wonder what our boys would do without that moral person there. They could really raise hell.

Quote:
And what will happen with Matt and Kimber? Will Matt make the move to L.A. OMG!
I hope that with the money Sean gave Matt and the talk he had with both Kimber and Matt. That they will break up and Matt will use the money for higher education and start on his road to become a doctor like his fathers.

Quote:
I like the actress that played Michelle. I thought I read somewhere that she signed on to do X amount of additional shows? Maybe not ... anyway, I was so undecided about her character the entire season! Did I like? Or did I just like the actress?!
I liked both but I would have liked the character of Michelle a lot more if she wasn't so forced into the situation. She was just there all of a sudden and became the biggest part of this season.

Quote:
Maybe Escobar will come back in Sean's flashbacks? And what happened with Sean's flashbacks? No breakdown? No reocurring Monica flashbacks, either!
I think that Sean has really found some piece of mind and truth this season. I wouldn't expect those flashbacks to be back soon. He went through something real and painful. He worked through it and hopefully has come out better for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissy
I have nothing against Joely Richardson as an actress. I hope everything works out for her and her family. But I couldn't stand Julia. I'm glad she's gone!
A lot of people didn't like Julia. She just put many people off. Of course I don't think she would have had that much of an effect if Joely hadn't given such an amazing perfomance to that character.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:38 AM
Master Fan

So. I finally got to watch the episode. It was ok. I thought it was great how they had a throw back to the pilot, and this time Liz was there. It's going to be interesting to see how they do in Hollywood. And I'm more than happy Christian got rod of Michelle.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

i liked the episode and the references to the pilot although i found this season quite disappointing.

Escobar is the best evil character of the show and i'm sorry he died but his wife is as cruel as him...good!Hope we'll see her again

Matt wasn't well developed IMO during this season.We left him when he almost killed Ariel father and his doubt about sexuality.They never took these topics again and with i found ridicolous that Scientology resolved in such a short time all his problems.The love-story with Kimber wasn't dealt in a good manner,i hope they'll fix it during S5

Christian was the greatest mistake IMO.His doubts 'bout being way were resolved in a too simple way and i found illogical Faith: she didn't do anything special. Furthermore i'm not gonna belive he discovered to be in love with Michelle so easily,majorly after what happened with Kimber and the non-wedding thing during the previous season.

I loved James,and i'm sorry they killed her:she could still give a lot to this show.A good SL was even Connor!

In conclusion this season isn't better than the last one,and probably for this show's sake,it's best that Murphy put the world finish with S4

avi by rachelroberts
Old 12-20-2006, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

I still haven't gotten a chance to watch...but, I'm actually 2 episodes behind...possibly tonight I will watch the final 2.

kenny | credit