Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-11-2006, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

I hope they don't even mention The Carver. Just let that be done with. But, glad to see they are focusing on the core issues with the show, for the die-hard fans. Although, that seems like there subtle way of saying, it's the final season. Who knows?!
Old 07-12-2006, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought there would be seasons 4 and 5?
Old 07-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Passionate Fan

I think we got one more season after Season 4, which is this season...I don't think that Fox is ready to let go one of their most hottest original programming shows just yet. I just don't see that happening at all.

As far as getting back to it's roots for the die hards, well I mean yeah Season 3 did get a lot of newbies, but you know what? If you want your show to grow, then you need more fans to watch it, so they can spread the word...
Old 07-12-2006, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaSpeaks
If you want your show to grow, then you need more fans to watch it, so they can spread the word...
I guess it depends on what you mean by grow. I would rather see Nip/Tuck have a very small number of fans then produce crappy "popular" storylines just expand their fanbase/ratings.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:51 AM
Passionate Fan

No, I don't mean grow in the sense of an explosion of fans...I mean grow in the sense of the popularity of the show. I mean let's face it, even though I'm sure that the actors and writers of the show are happy to be on a critically acclaimed show, I am most postive that they are even happier to be on a critically acclaimed show that is highly rated

I mean look at the actors and workers of Arrested Development Highly Acclaimed, yes. Highly rated, no.

And no longer on the air either. I pretty sure those workers much rather be on the air.

I know, I know, some of the best shows are not highly rated. And some of the most highly rated are crap and overrated. And it's not fair. But when you got a show that is both highly-rated and critically acclaimed and also have overrall great storytelling, you best do what you have to do to keep it on the air.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaSpeaks
But when you got a show that is both highly-rated and critically acclaimed and also have overrall great storytelling, you best do what you have to do to keep it on the air.
I agree 100%.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

Well ... I think N/T has been doing great with ratings. It always seems to help FX ... didn't the finale break records for the network (even though it was such a let-down, IMO).
Old 07-14-2006, 07:38 AM
Master Fan

I think Nip/Tuck is one of, if not the highest rated show F/X has, but I could be wrong.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:57 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheKen-
Well ... I think N/T has been doing great with ratings. It always seems to help FX ... didn't the finale break records for the network (even though it was such a let-down, IMO).
But wait, let's look at why it was a let down. Was it because The Carver didn't turn out to be who some of us thought it would be???

Or was it because we already knew who it was?

I mean let's face it, sometimes the unexpected is the best high you can have for any season finale. I mean for some people, the facts were beginning to add up about who The Carver could be...and then some people were still surprised.

I guess it just depends on what you, personally, are expecting from the finale and what you already know. For some people that changes everything
Old 07-14-2006, 11:00 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieryangel
I think Nip/Tuck is one of, if not the highest rated show F/X has, but I could be wrong.
It is! And yes, it did break records! I say don't rock the boat.

I personally feel that Season 4 will still be high rated, but maybe not have the break-out numbers that it had for their Season 3 Premier and Finale. I just don't see it. Even though there are some people who were with N/T every since the beginning, (or at least since Christian hired the nanny ), most of Season 3 new viewers were pulled in because of The Carver, some of the relationship plots and then just the overall growing fame of the show.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Elite Fan

I knew who the Carver was in the first episode that Quentin came on. About not even half way through the third season, I felt like I had to think it was someone else...because it was so freakin' obvious...and when I found it was him...that bothered me. It was a BS character...it didn't really affect the core group...and it was all done as a stunt. Then, to make things MUCH more convenient...they made Rona...another guest star, an accomplice...big shocker!!! If the show had balls, they would've used a real character important to the show, instead of a BS guest star.

Like I said...I hope the show goes back to the main idea it started with...The Carver knocked it down a few pegs in my book. But, hey it grabbed some attention and made the fanbase grow. That's fantastic...but, let's move on and cut the crap.

kenny | credit
Old 07-16-2006, 12:55 PM
Banned

Saved by the Bell grad Mario Lopez joins the cast of Nip/Tuck!

For more information go here.
Old 07-16-2006, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
If the show had balls, they would've used a real character important to the show, instead of a BS guest star.

But that would have been even more of a cop-out, if one of the regulars like Liz or Matt was secretly slicing people up. That would be throwing away a well-developed and popular character for a cheap gimmick, and IMO would make people feel the carver story line really messed up the show even more. It would be sacrifycing (sp?) screen time and a regular character to that story arc, as opposed to just screen time.

I just watched all three seasons on DVD recently though, and missed the hype on who the carver was. Maybe that's why I was satisfied with the final episode. The only thing I would have changed is to not build it up as such a big mystery, but reveal Quentin and Kit earlier, so the audience could get more of the having fun with it scenes that we got in the finale. I'd have revealed it halfway through the season, and then had lots of scenes of them being a wicked pair together
Old 07-16-2006, 02:36 PM
Elite Fan

Which would've been ALOT better.

As for the Mario Lopez addition ... umm, that's interesting. I clicked the spoiler link ...

kenny | credit
Old 07-17-2006, 09:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Which would've been ALOT better.

As for the Mario Lopez addition ... umm, that's interesting. I clicked the spoiler link ...
I don't think he is permanetely joining the cast though, I think it's just for like 2 eppys.

But then again, the soap that he is on right now, I think it's the Bold and The Beautiful, is realeasing Mario from his contract early, like in a couple of months, so maybe that's why??/ Maybe he becoming a regular???

I need more confirmation on this. He would be filling the role of the characters that whole sole purpose is to shake things up on the show. They do it every year.

Season 1: Grace Santiago

Season 2: Ava Moore

Season 3: The Carver

Season 4: Mario's character???