Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2018, 12:22 PM
MST Manager

Josh's LOST co-star thread #2: Lostie News!

Sawyer and Charlie
YouTube - Sawyer reads to Baby Aaron

Sawyer and Michael

Sawyer and Miles

Sawyer and Sayid

previous threads; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Sawyer and Hurley

previous thread; 1

Sawyer and Desmond

previous threads; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Sawyer and Jack

previous threads; 1, 2, 3, 4

Last edited by Sulieter; 08-08-2018 at 06:34 AM
Sulieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 08:04 AM
Moderator Support Team

tftnt
icon by
Impossible Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 10:08 AM
MST Manager

You're welcome.

One of the pics needs replacing. I will try and find a Sawyer and Hurley pic.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:29 AM
Elite Fan

Guys, have you seen some of Evi's interviews lately? She's been calling out the Lost producers on their blatant sexism and telling it how it is:

Quote:
Evangeline Lilly Says She Was "Cornered" Into Filming a Partially Nude Scene for 'Lost'

"I was mortified and I was trembling when it finished. I was crying my eyes out, and I had to go on do a very formidable, very strong scene thereafter," the actress recalls.
Evangeline Lilly is opening up about her time starring on Lost, which aired for six seasons from 2004 to 2010 on ABC. According to the actress — who played heroine Kate Austen on the hit mystery-drama series — she was "cornered" into filming a partially nude scene.

"In season three, I'd had a bad experience on set with being basically cornered into doing a scene partially naked, and I felt had no choice in the matter," she recalled in an interview with The Lost Boys podcast. "And I was mortified and I was trembling when it finished. I was crying my eyes out, and I had to go on do a very formidable, very strong scene thereafter."

Lilly then said that she was made to feel similarly uncomfortable on the set of season four. "In season four, another scene came up where Kate was undressing, and I fought very hard to have that scene be under my control. And I failed to control it again," she said. "So I then said, 'That's it, no more. You can write whatever you want — I won't do it. I will never take my clothes off on this show again.' And I didn't."

ABC had no comment when contacted by The Hollywood Reporter. THR has also reached out to Bad Robot Productions for comment.

Since then, the Ant-Man and the Wasp star says she has done her best to avoid nude scenes altogether. "I've been doing this now for 15 years. I'm a little bit better equipped now to know the ropes, to not have uncomfortable positions come up now," she explained. "Because I have had uncomfortable experiences, when I read scripts where it involves nudity, I pass. And it's not because I think there's anything wrong with doing nudity. It's because I don't trust that I can be comfortable and safe. I'm lucky; I'm in a privileged position because I can be picky. I feel for women who are struggling to come up in the industry and don't know how to navigate that."

Aside from not wanting to show skin, Lilly said that she also spoke up in protest about her character Kate's love triangle with Jack (Matthew Fox) and Sawyer (Josh Holloway).

"I felt like my character went from being autonomous, really having her own story and her own journey and her own agendas, to chasing men around the island. And that irritated the **** out of me," she said of the major storyline. "I did throw scripts across rooms when I read them because I would get very frustrated by the diminishing amount of her own story that there was to play."

Lilly — who "wanted [Kate] to be better, because she was an icon for strength and autonomy for women" — previously told People that she went through "a pretty dark time" during her stint on Lost. She took a brief break from acting after the series wrapped. "I had to find a place in which I could be happy," she recalled to the outlet, adding that she is "very much" happy these days.

Source
Hamburgo1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 11:31 AM
MST Manager

Thanks, Alex.

I don't know why it's sexist though. Josh had similar issues.

Actors should always decide for themselves whether or not to do nude scenes. I believe that Matthew Perry always has it in his contract that he won't do any.
Old 08-04-2018, 05:06 AM
Moderator Support Team

because she didn't feel safe and asked youself this question, it aired on ABC, they don't show people nude on their shows and yet she had to be partially nude. Why?

Quote:
It's because I don't trust that I can be comfortable and safe.
that sticks out.

Quote:
Josh had similar issues
and maybe he felt pressure to do it too. Not many male Actors speak out about this stuff.

Quote:
Actors should always decide for themselves whether or not to do nude scenes.
Most of them don't get that choice. She was a no name at the time. There are plenty of interviews out there of women feeling the pressure to do it.
icon by

Last edited by Impossible Girl; 08-04-2018 at 05:13 AM
Old 08-04-2018, 06:34 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Girl (View Post)
because she didn't feel safe and asked youself this question, it aired on ABC, they don't show people nude on their shows and yet she had to be partially nude. Why?
I don't think nude scenes are ever necessary. I do remember that Evi said that she felt safe doing a bed scene with Josh because he covered her up until a robe could be found for her. Perhaps she shouldn't have said that if she had a real problem with the nude scenes.

Quote:
and maybe he felt pressure to do it too. Not many male Actors speak out about this stuff.
That's why I don't think it's a sexist issue. Producers and directors will always try to get actors to do certain things. It's up to the actors to agree, compromise in some way or leave the show. If the actors are being unfairly treated there should be some sort of complaint system. I don't know if there is someone to go to if the actors have a complaint. If it's something illegal they can call the police.

Quote:
Most of them don't get that choice. She was a no name at the time. There are plenty of interviews out there of women feeling the pressure to do it.
She became a name because of LOST. I don't think Evil is even complaining in her recent interview. She said that she stopped doing the nude scenes because she didn't want to do them anymore. She remained with the show until the end so the decision didn't cost her anything.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:36 AM
MST Manager

Happy birthday to Daniel.

Quote:
officialjoshholloway Happy Birthday @danieldaekim 🎂
Old 08-04-2018, 09:47 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I do remember that Evi said that she felt safe doing a bed scene with Josh because he covered her up until a robe could be found for her.
There are many Actresses that have said only good things about him and honstley Hollywood needs more guys like him.

There is not one rumor out there about Josh acting inappropriately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulieter (View Post)

I don't know if there is someone to go to if the actors have a complaint. If it's something illegal they can call the police.
They have that but they have failed to help a lot in the past, and look at Weinstein, the police knew and they did nothing until Ronan Farrow came along helping all these women to speak up.
icon by
Old 08-04-2018, 10:45 AM
MST Manager

It's a shame that the police did nothing.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:51 AM
Moderator Support Team

it is. I read/heard about the Weinstein stories 2 years before they were published.

I also read a story about another Lost Actress who was supposed to be guest starring on another ABC TV Show and it never happend do "personal differences" with the Lead Actor who became "touchy".
icon by
Old 08-04-2018, 02:11 PM
MST Manager

That's not good.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

no it isn't. Especially if the Network is covering it up
icon by
Old 08-07-2018, 11:09 AM
MST Manager

Happy birthday to Harold

Quote:
officialjoshholloway #HBD to my bro #haroldperrineau 🎂 #TheseFaceExpressionsCrackMeUp
Old 08-08-2018, 04:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

great pic
icon by
Reply   Post New Thread