Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-29-2006, 08:38 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

I’ve always loved Lewis and Kira scenes, because the two actors have lovely chemistry and because the two characters just fit. Both are on the outside of their respective groups. Think about it: Lewis is not like a lot of the other young hybrids we have seen-he’s sweet and caring. The other hybrids that are under thirty all seem to be jerks now. Kira, well…she just doesn’t seem to ‘fit in’ with the other kids at school, despite hints of being somewhat popular pre-hurricane.

Before Wednesday, I enjoyed their scenes. After Wednesday, I could see the show taking this relationship into a more romantic direction. I think their brief phone conversation spoke volumes about the way they feel about one another. You have to be very fond of someone to call them at two in the morning, just because you feel like talking or can‘t sleep. Plus, the phone conversation didn’t seem like a first time deal, so I assume they have been secretly talking for a bit.

Kira seems to think of Lewis as her only real friend and she seems very comfortable with sharing details about her life with him. Meanwhile, Lewis is clearly very fond of Kira, and loves talking to her. I think their body language said a lot. Kira all warm in her bed, very comfortable. Lewis, moving around, unsure what to do. (Ok, so it was because of the weather and he being a hybrid, but still…go with me here.) I think their movement was how they feel at this point: Kira is totally cool with Lewis. Lewis is totally unsure of his feelings and what could happen.

Plus, I thought this was interesting: Kira told Lewis “I miss you.” Lewis suddenly looked uncomfortable, there was a slight pause, and then he said: “So, how’s school?” It was as if he was trying to remind himself (and maybe Kira) that she’s still a minor and in high school.

Where this could go is something that I have thought about. She’s 17, he’s 26. She’s naïve, overly trusting, somewhat immature, and she doesn’t really fit in anymore. He’s naïve, unsure of himself, follows Tom blindly, and doesn’t seem to have any real friends.

Kira and Lewis are actually a lot a like and they seem most comfortable and happy with one another. So, I am really looking forward to seeing how this plays out and I really hope there is a season two, because I’d love for Lewis and Kira to get closer and have more scenes.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.

Last edited by Nab; 04-29-2006 at 09:27 PM
Old 05-01-2006, 02:14 AM
Addicted Fan

I so agree with you, theres something there a spark and i really
want the show to explore what they have, its kind of a friendship yet
something more
Old 05-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Lewis and Kira's relationship is a very interesting one. They actually show that hybrids and humans can co-exist. And if their relationship grows, it would be interesting to see if a normal human, who can't be changed, could have a relationship with a hybrid and vise versa.

Old 05-03-2006, 05:40 AM
Addicted Fan

Yes and the fact that Kira cant be changed is something that makes
me wanna see more of them, and i doubt Jesse will actually tell Kira how he
really fells, while Lewis and Kiras realationship can grow into something more
Old 05-03-2006, 12:22 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerfinn
Yes and the fact that Kira cant be changed is something that makes me wanna see more of them, and i doubt Jesse will actually tell Kira how he really fells, while Lewis and Kiras realationship can grow into something more
The mere fact that Kira cannot be changed is, prehaps the biggest thing about the L/K relationship. From Tom and Mariel we know that a hybrid can love a human and they can have a romantic relationship. BUT, we have yet to see that from a younger view and from the view of someone that can't be changed. I mean, what would the other hybrids think? Would they try and hurt Kira or even Lewis?

Maybe they will do a Jesse/Kira/Lewis love triangle at some point? We already know that Jesse is very jealous of Lewis, from last week.

Old 05-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Ok:

Spoiler:

Old 05-04-2006, 05:59 AM
Addicted Fan

Aww im so looking forward, and yeah i could see a love triangle
and Jesse is jealous so theres a big chance it will happen but only if he actually tells her
Then theres the fact that Tom is Kiras dad so i think he would try his best to make
sure that she doesnt get hurt, and after episode 19 i dont think Tom wants anything to happen to Lewis either
Old 05-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Aww im so looking forward, and yeah i could see a love triangle and Jesse is jealous so theres a big chance it will happen but only if he actually tells her.
Their scenes from "Run and Gun" are really rather sweet. From the preview, I didn't really see Kira with the others. Maybe Szura takes her with Mariel or maybe she mays a run for it? It would be a good time for Jesse to be able to say-"Hey Kira, I have a thing for you." and be able to take it back.

Quote:
Then theres the fact that Tom is Kiras dad so i think he would try his best to make sure that she doesnt get hurt, and after episode 19 i dont think Tom wants anything to happen to Lewis either.
Something tells me that while Tom thinks of Lewis as a son or younger brother, he won't be all that happy to know that Lewis and Kira kissed and are in love with one another. Still, I agree that Tom wants Kira happy and protected, so it may be all right with it. Maybe.

Still, Lewis is 26 and a hybrid and Kira is 17 and a normal high school student. They'll surely have some issues to work through if they both make it through the season.

Old 05-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Passionate Fan

But better a goody-goody bible thumper than say Derek.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 05-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Derek was an idiot and a jerk. Lewis is a much better love interest for Kira.

Old 05-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah im really confused i have no idea whats going to happen
but i see what you mean i would count on a Jesse being jealous scene agian
atleast when he finds out they kissed, their goodbye with the kiss was sweet
but it seems abit over done but i still liked it
Old 05-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Aw, nice picture. I agree, the goodbye scene was a bit overdramantic, but still sweet. I guess in times like that, being overdramantic works.

Old 05-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Addicted Fan

Yep and it was almost like Lewis was gonna cry wich made it even better,
i think they´ve had two holding hand moments if im not wrong, i´ll make some
screencaps later of them, after the Russel and Jesse talk im kinda thinking Jesse will tell her
Old 05-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Yep and it was almost like Lewis was gonna cry wich made it even better, i think they´ve had two holding hand moments if im not wrong, i´ll make some screencaps later of them, after the Russel and Jesse talk im kinda thinking Jesse will tell her
Lewis did look like he might cry. Truth be told, when he whispered his last lines I was about tocry. Heartbreaking stuff. They held hands twice, you are right. When Kira gave him his badge(sp) back, they kind of held hands and then they held hands later or earlier. I remember they held hands twice, just not sure when. All through their scenes, I just kept thinking: 'So, nearly dying makes you see you are really in love.' Because, Lewis had seemed uncomfortable with the idea in the last episode.

As for Jesse, I do think he'll tell Kira at some point during the next two episodes. I'm interested in her reaction, because she did seem to have a crush on Jesse at the start of the season. I doubt she'll kiss Jesse or anything, as she seems like a one guy girl. But, her reaction should still be interesting. Or prehaps Kira will tell Jesse she kissed Lewis and he'll have a reaction that will cause her to see how he really feels? That way it could lead into a bit of a triangle for season two. Oddly enough, something tells me Tom and Mariel would be equally freaked with eith Kira/Lewis or Kira/Jesse.

Something that was kind of brought up at another board: Could a hybrid and a normal human have kids and what would they be or be like? I know that the chance of Lewis and Kira ever having kids is, like .9%, but it is still an interesting question.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oooooo interesting dynamics in "Run and Gun" I've been wishy washy on if I want to ship Kira and Jesse or Kira and Lewis, and you know what? I don't think it matters to me. I really enjoyed the scenes at the hospital and Kira wanting to stay with Lewis. And of course Jesse's jealousy. I think that was played well.

And yes, the last scene was a bit dramatic, but I think it fit. Kira is really afraid those left won't survive (but remember he's a hybrid now) and she feels a strong connection to Lewis when she felt her family had abandoned her. So it makes sense that thi would all ahve bothered her very much.