Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Passionate Fan

While I prefer the show on ABC let's not kid ourselves. Things have not been looking good for us there for awhile. And it's only the fact that other shows in our spot have tanked that is even keeping us in contention. That the CW is thinking of stepping in and picking us up if ABC passes is GREAT news for us.

Who knows. Maybe the fact that another network is looking to steal the show away from them might make ABC start thinking about what they might just be missing if they let Invasion slip away.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 05-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Passionate Fan

I just read on another board, that its official. ABC canceled Invasion.

However, there is no news on the CW pick up yet.

Keep fingers crossed.

Old 05-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
I just read on another board, that its official. ABC canceled Invasion.

However, there is no news on the CW pick up yet.

Keep fingers crossed.
I just read that as well.

"Official insider word is that ABC is not renewing, but chances of CW picking it up are supposedly good so all is not lost yet! CW upfronts are 5/18 so stay tuned." as written by eventually23 at the other board. Though there has been no official word from ABC, at least not to any sites that I visit, it does look like Invasion won't be returning to ABC. Which makes me sad, as everyone from the show seemed hopeful of an ABC reneweal.

I guess CW is our best bet. I know they were interested, as all their pilots were 'disappointing' to them.

It is officia:

Invasion is gone. I bring very sad news: Invasion cancelled. ABC has cancelled Invasion in favor of some rather uninteresting sounding dramas.

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.co...cks-up-4-more/

As for the CW picking it up, that also looks very doubtful, as the network seems to have decided to just not have a lot of pilots and to use mostly WB shows.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.

Last edited by Nab; 05-12-2006 at 08:55 PM
Old 05-12-2006, 10:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Our ratings do rock everything that is on the WB and UPN. Must be hopeful!
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 05-12-2006, 11:21 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

If ABC does not want it, I do hope CW does. Apparently, CW's fall line up is still very much up in the air. And Invasion might do well there, as they would actually see the ratings as very high. Remember, WB and UPN shows rarely have more then a 5/9 and Invasion is around that every week.

It could be a mistake based on a rumor, but I agree that at this point it looks bad. I think the reason I feel badly for the people involved, even though I know they will work again because they are all talented, is that none of them creators, actors, etc seem to be aware that the show (may not be) is not coming back. In fact, my friend just went to NB (Lewis)'s blog, which he updated today, and the poor guy seemed to think there would be a season two. As did/does Shaun C. as of last week.

I would think the actors would know. Unless the network or whoever decided not to tell them until Monday morning. But, you would think that the network would have informed the people that worked for the show. Apparently, Shaun C. was at the scoring of the music for the finale earlier in the week or something and he seemed to think there would be a second season. Don't networks usually tell the people on the show before they tell the media? It would be kind of rude to let them find out their show had been canned through magazines and news site.

Old 05-13-2006, 12:34 AM
Passionate Fan

That webpage is just a rumor sheet as oppposed to say Variety or the Hollywood Report which are upscale rumor sheets. But I digress. I do want a second opinion from a site with a bit more credibility before I pronounce ABC a dead end. Though can't say even without that rumor that things exactly look that great.

But hey. If According to Jim can get renewed (again and again) anything is possible.

Last edited by Raja; 05-13-2006 at 01:39 PM
Old 05-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Nab
Absolute Fan

I have to say, after a night's sleep, I do think a lot of people (myself including) are freaking out too early. No other source has reported that the show has ended. Not AOL news, TVguide, Variety, E!, or the Hollywood Report. I've decided to wait until Monday or Tuesday for ABC's word.

Old 05-13-2006, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Right. Awaiting ABC's word.
Old 05-13-2006, 06:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Confirming half that report, What About Brian has been renewed for a second season. Given most rumors seem to say it would be either them or us.. not a good sign. No official mention of us yet from ABC.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/newswire.aspx?id=7155

On another note.. wonder if we're hurt by the fact that unlike other shows on the bubble we don't have a visible "save our show" campaign.

Last edited by Raja; 05-13-2006 at 11:00 PM
Old 05-14-2006, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hmmm, well thanks for the news. Still waiting official ABC word.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:29 AM
Nab
Absolute Fan

What About Brian had a 3.3 rating? Doesn't Invasion have higher ratings? I'm keeping on the look out for ABC word. On another note: Invasion's ratings are higher then any WB or UPN show, so wouldn't the people at CW be idiots not to pick it up?

Old 05-14-2006, 11:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab
What About Brian had a 3.3 rating? Doesn't Invasion have higher ratings? I'm keeping on the look out for ABC word. On another note: Invasion's ratings are higher then any WB or UPN show, so wouldn't the people at CW be idiots not to pick it up?
ABC also has stronger affiliate strength and the show is on after Lost which is one of the highest rated shows on television. Course the counterpoint is that coming after Lost is both a boon and a curse. Alias did worse than us when it had our spot. And we're up against some fierce well established competition including the original Law & Order. And the show is on later at 10pm.

So I don't think it's unreasonable to say we could bring some viewers over. We'd lose some by leaving ABC and Lost. We'd hopefully also gain some by switching from 10pm to 9pm. And most importantly Invasion is a Warner Brothers show. Les Moonves has been dominating the new network. Throw the Time-Warner side a bone.

They'd also be shifting the network away from the WB identify into something new having a strong core with Invasion, Smallville, Supernatural, and perhaps Ultra of science fiction / action oriented shows. They can prove that they are something new and make a stronger play at highly sought young male viewers who are turned off by the WB's "mushy" reputation.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:51 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

From Variety:

ABC will officially announced the cancellation tomorrow on Monday 5/14. The best bet for Season 2 is for the new CW Network to pick it up.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1

“NBC has decided to pull the plug on Dick Wolf's "Conviction," while ABC is halting its "Invasion."

With less than 24 hours to go before the Peacock kicks off upfront week in Gotham, final decisions about the fates of bubble shows are starting to be made. And over the weekend, the word wasn't good for a pair of skeins nets desperately wanted to bring back.

As recently as a few weeks ago, NBC brass were still hopeful that the Wolf -produced "Conviction" could be saved. Having seen Friday night ratings take a big hit following last year's cancellation of "Law & Order: Trial By Jury," net wanted to be patient with Wolf's latest outing, figuring the show could grow in a second season.

But another poor performance this week may have sealed the show's fate. "Conviction" lost a big chunk of its "Las Vegas" lead-in this Friday and, worse, dipped at the half-hour.

As for "Invasion," skein was a personal favorite of ABC Entertainment pres. Steve McPherson. But despite a huge promotional push behind the show, viewers simply never warmed to the concept.”

Old 05-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Passionate Fan

I guess we need to cross our fingers and hope the CW has mercy on us.

Last edited by Raja; 05-14-2006 at 03:58 PM
Old 05-14-2006, 05:40 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

According to the article, the CW refuses to say rather it renewed the show or not. Though, many sites are saying the CW will refuse Invasion in favor of some pilot that CBS turned down. Really, I think the CW would be silly to turn down a show that gets higher ratings then any of the shows they have now. Plus, they could pair it with Supernatural.