Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2023, 11:53 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That particular colour scheme may be a bit harsh on the eyes, so it'd need some soft tones combined. Would you prefer softer blues to match the blues in there or paler versions of the pink/purple shades?

Might I suggest something like this or this?

Any thoughts on characters/pictures?

I presume these are the characters who should be included:

Temperance Brennan
Seeley Booth
Angela Montenegro
Jack Hodgins
Camille Saroyan
Lance Sweets?

Would you also like to see Zack Addy & James Aubrey included? Or is there anyone else of importance that should be included that I'm missing?

For pictures I did find Season 11 promotional pictures here which has some of the characters. Not sure if there's a favourite shoot from a different season you'd prefer? It does look like you've currently got S11 photos in your current banner so you may wish for something different for your new look?

I also found Season 10 (a few heads are cut off though) / Season 9 / Season 8 / Season 7 / Season 6 / Season 5 (only Bones & Booth) / Season 4 (use the photoshoots tag to find HQ versions) / Season 3 (some heads are cut off though)

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I also like purple next to blue.
So yeah it´s hard to choose.

The characters in the board banner I would like Brennan,Booth,Angela,Hodgins,Cam,Sweets and Aubrey. Zack can be added too I liked him.
I love the Season 10 picture from Angela. (When you click on the pictures they´re not cut off anymore )
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am in agreement. I like a pale purple with the blue.

I agree with what Betty said about the characters. Those are the main ones we need in there. Aubrey came later but he was an important part of the show. If we can fit Zack in, that’s fine too, but it’s not a deal breaker for me.

I really like the season 10 or Season 11 promotional shots. They are both fantastic.

Thanks for being patient with us!
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 06:19 PM
Graphics Team Manager

So for colours you would prefer pale purples with the brighter blues in highlight areas like the bars, links, & buttons? Or a blue board with the purple in highlight areas?

You can have a max of 16 characters so including all of them is fine.

Do you have a preference on the order of characters? Anyone who should be next to each other?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-26-2023, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I prefer a blue board with purple in highlight areas.

Booth and Brennan for sure be together and front and center. Hodgins and Angela should be together too.
I am an original”
Old 03-27-2023, 12:02 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Sounds good

If you like blue with purple highlights do you prefer this or this?

Would you prefer Booth & Bones to be the same size or Bones bigger?

How about this order:

Aubrey / Sweets / Booth / Bones / Angela / Jack / Cam / Zack

I've only seen bits & pieces of the show, but I feel like Booth & Bones should be the same size, then Angela & Jack (& maybe even Cam) the same size but slightly smaller than the other two? Maybe Cam & Sweets the same size if Cam isn't the same size as Angela & Jack, then Zack & Aubrey smallest.

This seems to be the only usable promotional picture I can find for Zack. Is that ok or do you know of others you'd prefer we use?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-27-2023, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

The second color palette is more my thing

The characters in the banner are fine by me. I would love to see Zack there with the others you wrote down.
The design of the banner is okay in the style like the old one we have now.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really like the second palette too.

I think Booth and Bones should be the same size, as they are both the leads.

I like the order of characters you suggested.

I am okay with the other characters being a little smaller than Booth and Bones.

That picture of Zack looks good too!
I am an original”
Old 03-27-2023, 01:16 PM
Graphics Team Manager

All characters would be smaller than Bones & Booth. I was just wondering if any others should be the same size or certain characters bigger/smaller than others. For example to me Angela & Jack would be of equal importance so should be the same size despite being next to each other. Normally in a traditional layout everyone would gradually get smaller the further away from the leads they were. But if you went with the order I suggested I think Sweets & Aubrey should be smaller than Angela & Jack as they aren't on the show as long & I wouldn't consider them as important.

I don't post here & as I said have seen pieces of the show but this is what I was suggesting for inportance:

Most Important/Biggest: Bones & Booth
Next Size: Angela & Jack (maybe Cam)
Next Size: Sweets (maybe Cam)
Smallest: Zack & Aubrey

Or if you went a traditional layout, still using the placement I suggested it would work out as:

Most Important/Biggest: Bones & Booth
Next Size: Angela & Sweets
Next Size: Jack & Aubrey
Next Size: Cam
Smallest: Zack

Quote:
The design of the banner is okay in the style like the old one we have now
What do you mean? Your current order/placement?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-27-2023, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

For me personally, I think the other characters should be smaller than Booth and Bones but the same size as each other if that makes sense. They were all of equal importance in my opinion. I hope that makes sense.
I am an original”
Old 03-27-2023, 09:18 PM
Graphics Team Manager

So just have Bones & Booth one size & everyone else the other (slightly smaller)?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-28-2023, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, that is my personal vote.
I am an original”
Old 03-31-2023, 07:28 PM
Graphics Team Manager

The time to share your feedback on what you'd like to see here has passed. The Graphics Team are now going to finalise designing your new graphic and vote on a winner, so this thread will now be closed until the colours and graphic have been set up - then we will re-open it so you can tell us what you all think!

If you have questions please post them on the Info Center's Message Board Customization Process Thread, but please check the opening post to see if your question has been answered there first.

Thank you everyone,
- Chelle

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-03-2023, 04:46 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Enjoy your banner and colours!
Old 11-03-2023, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The board looks wonderful