Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2005, 09:52 AM
Elite Fan

What kind of movie roles would you like to see Rachel in?

Pretty much self-explanitory.

For me, I'd love her to stick to the dramatic roles. Although, she's so good at playing various genres, I don't mind what she's doing right now.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 07-01-2005, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Rachel has definitely proven herself in her comedic roles and she has shown that she's a versatile actress. I'd really like to see Rachel in more dramatic roles too and maybe even a period piece.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

More dramatic roles....I think she's so great.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

I agree. Rachel's so versatile that I think she can do just about any role. She definitely has a talent for comedy, but yes, I definitely would like to see her in more dramatic roles. I agree, Periwinkles, I'd love to see Rachel in a period piece! She definitely has the look for a period piece, not to mention the talent. I totally agree with this article from Entertainment Weekly back in 2006 (go here). I'd love to see Rachel in a British period drama. A Jane Austen one would be great! I've always wondered if she could pull off a British accent. If she ever manages to pull off a good, British accent, I think that would really show that she's a great actress (even though she already is one). Accents are really hard to do.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:42 AM
Master Fan

I know I'm bumping a really old thread, but I just saw the THR article about Marion Cotillard replacing Natalie Portman in Macbeth and I just had this idea that it would be perfect if Rachel gets cast as one of the witches. We know she played one of them in her summer Shakespeare camp and later in college and I don't know I always thought it would be nice for her to revist one of the roles she did growing up

A quote from her Elle 2007 interview:
Quote:
“I started by doing Shakespeare when I was 12,” she says. “It was very intimidating at first—Macbeth. I played one of the witches—and reprised my role in college, coincidentally. We did little excerpts from it, and our swimming towels were our capes. We performed in a Greek outdoor amphitheater that had stone tiers. It was magical.… One year we did Agamemnon, and I played Clytem nestra, who is this blood-seeking terror of a woman. It took place in a ravine, and I was just blasting the chorus, who were judging her for murdering her husband and his lover. I can’t describe the feeling I had standing there.” She sighs. “I’d love to go back and do that again. It would be different at 28 than it was at 13.”
Old 08-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Master Fan

I don't remember this quote at all, but what a great one! And I totally agree, I'd love to see her revise an old role, and I bet it would be so much fun for her. I also agree about the period piece-- I don't even really like them very much, have never been fond of Jane Austen or anything, but I would be all over it if she did it. I love her comedic and silly roles and stuff, but I just want her to have more of the Chastain roles so she can be recognized. I read a comment last night on a Cillian Murphy board of someone who mentioned that she should've gotten a supporting actress nod for The Lucky Ones and it was SO TRUE. I want her to have THOSE roles, but more mainstream, maybe, or at least something that would gain attention somehow.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Addicted Fan

more drama movies,please!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by papapower (View Post)
I read a comment last night on a Cillian Murphy board of someone who mentioned that she should've gotten a supporting actress nod for The Lucky Ones and it was SO TRUE. I want her to have THOSE roles, but more mainstream, maybe, or at least something that would gain attention somehow.
MTE. This comment by Elle from a recent news article on Rachel infuriated me. Because clearly you have not seen everything of hers. Hmph. Not only does Rachel have box office appeal but the talent to back it up.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:08 PM
Extreme Fan

I avoid reading those comments like the plague! Everyone can criticise but it needs to be constructive criticism instead of just expressing their prejudiced opinions.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

I read the one you were talking about Wendy and it's so frustrating! I'm all the time seeing the "Rachel McAdams is in every romantic movie ever" or "why does she always forget her husband/boyfriend" or "why is she in every time travel movie?" stuff on Twitter and I'm like GET OUT OF HERE HER RESUME IS MORE THAN LIKE FOUR MOVIES, GO HOME.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:10 AM
Master Fan

Amen to that Amanda. Headlines with the 'Rom-com Queen' make me uncomfortable. I mean Wedding Crashers and Morning Glory are her only romantic comedies so far (and About Time is probably also one).
Old 08-23-2013, 06:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Apart from the traditional romantic dramas or rom-coms I liked her work in Mean Girls,The Family Stone,The Lucky Ones,Married Life,Sherlock Holmes,To The Wonder,Red Eye,My Name is Tanino and Passion.But I didnt like her role in Midnight in Paris much, because it was mainly a male driven film with all the dramas occuring in a different frame from her.She did well but Woody Allen made that character too much bitchy and dull(in my opinion).

I think she will be great in some roles like, for example Diane Keaton in Manhattan,Nicole Kidman in Eyes Wide Shut,Julie Delpy in Before Series (This is one of the best female characters in movies I think),Ingrid Thulin in The Silence by Bergman,And probably the role of Lady Brett Ashley(played by Ava Gardner in 1957 film) in another film adaptation of Hemingway's The Sun Also Rises
Old 08-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Master Fan

I agree with all of that, Neil! I think it's just tough because like she's said and it's really true, there aren't really a huge amount of really great female characters or female-driven roles, and it feels like a lot of those strong parts are going to like, Chastain or Jennifer Lawrence right now? Or ROSAMUND PIKE, DAMMIT. I'm dying for Rachel to break into that tier.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Chastain is good but I feel J.Lawrence is little bit overrated.About Rosamund Pike, I really dont know what's so great about her
Old 08-23-2013, 09:58 AM
Master Fan

I think Chastain is good too but I think even SHE'S a little overrated. I mean, I don't think she's a bad actress or anything like that, but it's so strange how sometimes she hits it really hard and well and other times it's a complete miss. Like I think it was something on Jimmy Kimmel, some comedy skit? And I was like, ....this is horrible. But she was SO great in The Help. And then Zero Dark Thirty was just boring to me. I'm kind of eeeehhhhh about her anyway because I feel like Rachel could have those roles and for some reason isn't getting the chance and I throw tantrums about it, but then that feeling is just perpetuated for me about her because she doesn't seem very consistent to me. Like even if Rachel's films aren't very good (e.g., The Time Traveler's Wife) her performances are always stunning. And she's ALL the time getting those "Rachel McAdams did the best with what she had to work with" comments in film reviews that are, y'know, pretty true.

Also, I think we all agree with you pretty much on the Jennifer Lawrence front. She was incredible in Winter's Bone, but I thought she was just average in Silver Linings Playbook. I thought that movie as a whole was pretty average. I mean, it was good and I enjoyed it, but I thought The Words was much more Academy Award-worthy if we're going by Bradley Cooper films.

AND ROSAMUND PIKE, I WAS JUST KIDDING. She just got the Gone Girl part that we all wanted Rachel to have so badly here on the board.