Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Master Fan

Rachel's Role in the Every Thing Will Be Fine Discussion/Spoilers #1

THR is reporting that Rachel joined the cast of "Every Thing Will Be Fine". Principal photography started on August 20th Montreal:

Quote:
James Franco is starring in the film as a man responsible for the death of a young boy who channels his guilt into a successful writing career. As he gets more famous, however, he represses and rejects the emotional connection he has to the boy's brother and mother in the years after the accident.

Charlotte Gainsbourg is playing the boy’s mother while Robert Naylor is playing the brother, who ten years after the accident reaches out to the man who killed his sibling.
Wim Wenders will direct. Gian-Piero Ringe will produce. Cinematographer Benoit Debie is the director of photography.

Quote:
Official plot: EVERY THING WILL BE FINE, based on an original script by the Norwegian Bjørn Olaf Johannessen, tells the story of Tomas (James Franco), a writer who loses control of his life after a car accident. Even though he is not directly at fault, his relationship with his girlfriend breaks down because of this event and his life and work suddenly set off in a completely new direction. The film follows Tomas over a period of 12 years and tells an intimate story of guilt and the search for forgiveness.
I'm going to make a nice OP soon, but in the mean time we can already start the discussion in this thread
Old 08-20-2013, 01:50 PM
Extreme Fan

TFTNT Lindsey!

I'll bring my old post over.

Quote:
I'm of the same opinion on 3D as well Lindsey, but looking forward to it none the less.
Yeah it would not be surprising since this seems like it was a quick deal with little time to prepare.

I think this is a great tweet by the filmstage:

Quote:
By year's end, Rachel McAdams will have worked with Wim Wenders, Brian De Palma, Terrence Malick, Anton Corbijn & Cameron Crowe. #impressive

+ Richard as well.

GO, RACHEL GO
Old 08-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Master Fan

No problem Jord

From THR original report when Charlotte Gainsbourg joined the cast (published last week):
Quote:
The Montreal shoot will be followed by a break, and resume in winter 2014.
Charlotte Gainsbourg, Marie-Josee Croze Join Wim Wenders' 'Everything Will Be Fine' - The Hollywood Reporter
Old 08-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

I love love love that list of directors, Jord! THAT is the reason I can never believe it when I remember how she hasn't even been nominated for huge awards. How is it possible?! AH!

And if filming will break and then come back after the new year, do we still think Rachel's part is just supporting?
Old 08-20-2013, 02:44 PM
Extreme Fan

I know how could that be possible with all those directors

Extended Plot:

Quote:
Every Thing Will Be Fine is a haunting and tender tale from acclaimed filmmaker Wim Wenders.

Tomas drives in his car aimlessly on the outskirts of town following an argument with his wife. On this winter night, with the snow falling thick around the car, Tomas fails to see a young boy in the road before it’s too late…

This terrible accident reverberates through Tomas’s life in the following years — how do you forgive yourself when you’ve done something unforgivable?

As his relationships shatter and all seems lost, Tomas finds an unlikely path to redemption and tragedy is transformed into newfound success as a writer. But just as he thinks he’s moved on from that terrible event, Tomas soon learns there are others who have not, and they’re not done with him yet…
Source
Old 08-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Master Fan

So, is Rachel going to be this wife or is that a completely different character??

Thanks so much for all this information, guys. I'm so excited!
Old 08-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new plot Jord

A Montreal news paper is reporting that the movie will shoot in Montreal until September 18. And will return January 13-24 There are already on set photos of James from last week, so hopefully they will spot Rachel in the coming weeks as well
Old 08-20-2013, 03:17 PM
Master Fan

Maybe her part isn't again until January? Since she's back in Toronto right now?
Old 08-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Wim Wenders is a great director.His 'Paris,Texas' and 'Wings of Desire' are amazing films.Its great to know that Rachel is doing his film.Now I wish she will do a Martin Scorsese film soon.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

When THR originally announced that Sarah Polley was attached to the film, they were provided with some slightly incorrect information about the plot:

Quote:
Wenders is keeping details of Everything Will Be Fine under wraps, but the plot -- from a script by Norwegian screenwriter Bjørn Olaf Johannessen -- is believed to focus on a German magician who disappears in the wilds of rural Norway.
That's not quite the storyline that is now being circulated! Maybe Wim didn't think James Franco would be able to tackle portraying both a magician and a wizard within a relatively short period of time. That's a lot of magic for one person!
Old 08-21-2013, 01:47 AM
Master Fan

I'm not sure Amanda, maybe but there is still almost 4 weeks left of shooting in Montreal. And if that's really the case, her role is probably a smaller supporting part. But I'm still surprised that Helen Mirren filmed her part of State of Play in 4 days, so the amount of days doesn't say much.

Oh that's interesting Nick, also interesting to Sarah was in talks for this before James Franco and the other cast signed on. I read some more reports and came across this one from THR after the movie found funding at the Cannes market:

Quote:
Wenders is in Cannes closing financing for Every Thing Will Be Fine ahead of the start of principle photography, set for August in Quebec. In addition to Franco, Sarah Polley has been rumored to be attached to the project but Wenders said he was still “right in the middle” of casting the two female leads and no deals were yet done.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...l-avoid-524962
I assume the mother part and Rachel's part as the girlfriend are the female leads based on the official plot they released

Last edited by winterbird; 08-21-2013 at 01:54 AM
Old 08-21-2013, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

I'm going to definitely look into his work, Neil, so I'll start with those two!

And this is so funny and interesting, Nick! I think I prefer this plot anyway.

Also, "two female leads" really does sound encouraging! This all happened really fast, but I think I'm starting to get excited about it!
Old 08-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the new thread Can't wait for this
Old 08-21-2013, 07:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

OH MY GOD I AM SO LATE TO THE PARTY BUT YAY FOR MORE RACHEL MCADAMS MOVIES. but wow she and her new/old (what?) team really snuck this in... i just added Wings of Desire to my to-watch list on rotten tomatoes though, so perhaps i'll get to this.

i gotta say, while i loooooove the fact that it's written by a Norwegian screenwriter - scandinavian films have been really my flavour lately; such great intense stuff - i don't like two things about this new movie: 3D and james franco.

they're gonna have to really sell it to me if they're gonna whip out a plot such as that (that sounds so domestic(?)) and sell it to me in 3D. (that said, i'll likely go and watch it anyway in 3D lmao bc it's rachel.)

and i don't like james franco. he's a great actor - absolutely amazing in spring breakers (his acting being the only bright spot in that movie imho) - but i just don't like him as a person -__-" he and rachel will have stunning on-screen chemistry though. he and rachel have very similar acting styles i think!
Old 08-22-2013, 02:20 AM
Master Fan

I feel the same about Franco Wendy, on both parts. And also on 3D, mentioned this before but I don't really get the 3D trend. For me it works for (some) animated movies, but not feature films. But this quote from Wenders gives me hope:
Quote:
"The Great Gatsby is not our idea of 3D at all,” Wenders told The Hollywood Reporter, "I don't want to criticize Baz's work in any way but our idea of 3D is very different. Our idea is not at all effect driven but character driven and story driven. All these American films and blockbusters use 3D as an attraction in itself, which we are not doing. Out idea is that the best 3D is where you forget after a few minutes that you are watching a film in 3D."
Cannes: Wim Wenders Will Avoid Baz-matazz on 3D Drama 'Every Thing Will Be Fine' - The Hollywood Reporter
James was spotted filming in Montreal yesterday:
Quote:
OMFG IM SHAKING I AM LITTERALLY FIVE METERS AWAAY FROM JAMES FRANCO FILMING IN MONTREAL OH MY GO D
https://twitter.com/gabriellabbc/sta...46958314975232