Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2010, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Rachel Off-Topic #19: Because Fall has returned which means cooler days, shows returning and school for some

Meh on the title we can change it
Old 09-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread!

I changed the number.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

TFTNT, Sarah! I love the title by the way! So much better than mine. Thanks!

How did school go for you this week, Sarah?

Belle, I think we were talking about our favorite Katniss/Peeta moments from all three books...

Old 09-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Vampire Diaries started tonight. Did you watch it yet, Sarah? What other shows are you guys excited about to see return?

Oh, yes, here are my favorite moments.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I'm going to do my re-read of the first two books next, so I might find some moments we forgot about.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Have you read the Vampire Diaries series, Belle? How's the show? I think I've only watched one episode, I think. I can't watch a TV series religiously unfortunately. I just get too busy and then lose interest.

Quote:
I like Kaya's look as well, but I have never seen her act in anything. She definitely looks the part. Who is Caitlin Stasey? I have to go look her up. I've never heard of her.
I hadn't heard of Caitlin Stasey at all until someone mentioned her in their dream cast. She just kinda has the right look.

I read over my list of favorite Katniss/Peeta moments, and I apologize if some of them sounded weird. I was typing too fast, and I didn't check them over.

Gosh, I totally had a brain fart about the Catching Fire moments. I didn't remember those moments until you mentioned them. I love those ones you mentioned! God, I realllly need to re-read the second book. My mind's a bit blank when it comes to that one.

I loved the Mockingjay moments you mentioned, too. Especially the part where
Spoiler:
. Somehow, I'd forgotten about it.

I've been so craving for anything/everything related to THG and Katniss/Peeta that I've actually been reading fanfiction.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't read the books and I'm not interested in them. I just watch the show. The first few episodes I watched were kinda slow, but I'm glad I gave it a chance because it got really good in the middle of the season.

Ooh, I watched that Dating in the Dark reality show you mentioned. I spent all Monday night watching reality shows on ABC. That and Bachelor Pad.

Do you have CF, or is it with your siblings?

Spoiler:

Is the fanfiction any good? I absolutely loove your icon. I should get myself one!
Old 09-10-2010, 06:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I haven't read the books and I'm not interested in them. I just watch the show. The first few episodes I watched were kinda slow, but I'm glad I gave it a chance because it got really good in the middle of the season.
I've heard that the books and the show are pretty different. Maybe I'll check out a couple of episodes someday.

Quote:
Ooh, I watched that Dating in the Dark reality show you mentioned. I spent all Monday night watching reality shows on ABC. That and Bachelor Pad.
Did you like it? I think it's incredibly interesting and amusing. It's cute when the couple end up together when you least expect it. I like that it's a new group of people each week, so it doesn't matter if I miss an episode or two.

How's Bachelor Pad?

Quote:
Do you have CF, or is it with your siblings?
It's with them. I was thinking of buying myself the whole set, and then sending them my copy of the third book (somehow, they're choosing to wait for a copy from the library which has like 400 holds! ). But now, I'm thinking to send them my third book, and having them send me the first and second books.

I reallly want to re-read CF! I'd forgotten so many good Katniss/Peeta moments! And I want to re-read THG because it's my favorite.

Quote:
Is the fanfiction any good? I absolutely loove your icon. I should get myself one!
I've only read a couple. They're good. I've been reading the rated M ones.

Thanks. I've been wanting a Katniss/Peeta icon with Kaya and Alex, but that's the only one I've found. I'm not sure if it's exactly up for grabs... but I really wanted one. I credited the maker though.

You should so get one! Which actors would you like to have on your Katniss/Peeta icon?

Old 09-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The show vs the books for The Vampire Diaries is that the show is quite different from the books. I have read all the books but personally think they are alright. LJS isn't a favourite writer and find her writing a bit weak. Some of parts of the books are alright but the show is so much better. Think its cause its not as cheesy and its modern. Plus the characters/relationships are fanastic and the storylines are fanastic. Even most of the characters outside of the trio are different than their book counterparts

First week of school is about to be done cause am on an hour break before my last class of the day. Its been good, most of the classes have mainly been intro to the courses but have been taking some notes and thats been good cause miss doing that had a bit of writing samples to do for my Writing class but thats normal. Next week is when its going to get tougher cause got an outline due at the beginning of October for my History class. Gotta write a 5 page paper on a topic in History. So within the next 2 weeks, will be researching the ideas that I have cause have like half a dozen and its all within the Middle Ages even if my period is Roman/Greek. Do love Middle Ages as well

Belle Had class until 8pm and didn't get home until 9pm. So am going to download it when I get home and hopefully watch it tonight. Same with how I want to check Nikta {sp} out for Shane West and it looks good
Old 09-11-2010, 03:25 AM
Master Fan

I have only seen a few episodes of that show but iy wasn't really interesting for me. I'm kind of getting tired of the vampire thing. There's too much of it.

I'm excited about Bones returning. It's my favourite show
Old 09-11-2010, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I've always been into Vampires so I don't play attention to this trend. I watch/read it cause I like it
Old 09-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've only ever watched one or two episodes of Bones.

Quote:
Belle Had class until 8pm and didn't get home until 9pm. So am going to download it when I get home and hopefully watch it tonight. Same with how I want to check Nikta {sp} out for Shane West and it looks good
Did you have time to watch it yet? I thought the premiere was so good! I also watched Nikita. I liked it enough to watch the 2nd episode next week. What did you think?

I also watched the pilot for 'No Ordinary Family'. That one was just okay.

Quote:
Did you like it? I think it's incredibly interesting and amusing. It's cute when the couple end up together when you least expect it. I like that it's a new group of people each week, so it doesn't matter if I miss an episode or two.

How's Bachelor Pad?
I liked it! It was entertaining and pretty funny. Bachelor Pad was surprisingly addicting, yet ridiculous and kinda embarrassing at the same time. In other words, it's the perfect summer show. I don't watch The Bachelor, so I have no idea who's who in that show though.

Quote:
I was thinking of buying myself the whole set, and then sending them my copy of the third book (somehow, they're choosing to wait for a copy from the library which has like 400 holds!
I bought the box-set as well! I gave my other copies to someone, and got the set with Mockingjay.

Quote:
I've only read a couple. They're good. I've been reading the rated M ones.

Thanks. I've been wanting a Katniss/Peeta icon with Kaya and Alex, but that's the only one I've found. I'm not sure if it's exactly up for grabs... but I really wanted one. I credited the maker though.

You should so get one! Which actors would you like to have on your Katniss/Peeta icon?
Of course those fics sound more interesting.

Hm, I'd get one with Kaya and Alex/Hunter Parrish (or whatever icon looks good). I see that you've changed yours already!
Old 09-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Just not in the mood yet for the new one
Old 09-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, well you should just relax. Your first weekend off from school.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Got alot to do Was suppose to do alot todahy but didnt happen and tomorrow is school related
Old 09-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope you'll be able to your stuff done.