Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2016, 02:22 AM
Master Fan

Rachel/Kayleen McAdams Appreciation Thread #1: Because We Love Their Sister Dynamic

Rachel/Kayleen McAdams Appreciation Thread #1: Because We Love Their Sister Dynamic

Supporters List
001. -
Ask To Be Added

"I have a great picture, a panoramic shot of my sister and I standing on the red carpet at the Oscars in 2010. It was in the newspaper and my parents put it up in our bedroom that we share at their house when we’re home for Christmas."
-Rachel On A Memorable Moment In Her Career

Fun Facts
001. Kayleen's visited the set of "The Notebook", which inspired her to pursue her dream of becoming a make-up artist
002. Kayleen is Rachel's make-up artist
003. They both appeared on 'Who Do You Think You Are'
004. While filming True Detective Rachel stayed in a house in LA "within jogging distance" of Kayleen (x)
005. Rachel considers Kayleen her best friend (x)
006. They enjoy spending their time together doing yoga, watching Portb2ndia, and having brunches and dinners and playing parlor games like Charades and Mafia and Celebrity (x)
007. One of Rachel's favorite childhood memories was picking out a stuffed animal from the hospital gift shop for her new baby sister (x)

Rachel on Kayleen:
"I usually talk to my sister or my mother for a really, really long time on the phone. They’re probably the people I go to in my life most " (x)
"I have a great picture, a panoramic shot of my sister and I standing on the red carpet at the Oscars in 2010. It was in the newspaper and my parents put it up in our bedroom that we share at their house when we’re home for Christmas." (x)
"The second we [Rachel & Kayleen] touch down we don’t go from the airport to the hotel, we go for airport scones and clotted cream… then to the hotel" (x)
"[Kayleen] has a real sense of style. Even though I’m an older sister, I totally defer to her" (x)
"I remember being so excited [on visiting the hospital after Kayleen was born]. It felt just like Christmas … getting a human!" (x)

Kayleen on Rachel:
"When I see something on her [Rachel], I know how it’ll look on me!" (x)
"It was hard to find makeup colors that worked when Rachel’s hair was pink, so we had to try different versions of candy pink for everything. People like Lady Gaga and Avril Lavigne added pink accents too, but I like to think Rachel was the first." (x)
"Rachel is very collaborative when it comes to her lips, and she knows what looks good on her. She can really pull off any lip color." (x)

Special thanks to McAdamsDaily for the edits!

Last edited by winterbird; 06-07-2016 at 10:49 AM
Old 06-04-2016, 02:35 AM
Master Fan

Great post, Lindsey, I love it! These girls are just the CUTEST.

rachel mcadams daily
Old 06-04-2016, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Lovely thread title and great gifs and pics!
Old 06-05-2016, 02:37 AM
Master Fan

Feel free to posts GIFs, edits, quotes, fun facts etc. for the OP and I will add them.

A throwback to Kayleen & Rachel on-set of Married Life:

She's credited as "second assistant makeup artist" on IMDB
Old 06-05-2016, 11:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

This is a great thread, Lindsey! Thank you so much. Brilliant idea for a thread, congrats

It's hard not to love the McAdams sisters I really admire them for getting along so well even though I'm sure they must have had some pretty serious fights while growing up Still, can't picture these two lovely sisters yelling at each other in a fight I think they are both very lucky to have each other as sisters and I'm sure they are aware of that So glad that Rachel got to share her amazing award season run with Kayleen at every stop along the way this year It sure wouldn't have been the same for us if it weren't for Kayleen's Instagram and Snapchat uploads
Old 06-06-2016, 04:29 AM
Master Fan

You're welcome And I agree, it's nice to see that Rachel seems super close with her sister and family in general. I love when she takes them to events and that she's able to work with Kayleen.

Throwback to TIFF in 2007:
Old 06-06-2016, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Very nice pics!
Old 06-07-2016, 10:37 AM
Master Fan

It might also be fun to collect quotes of Rachel on Kayleen (and vice-versa) to add to the OP. Feel free to post them, and I will add them to the OP.

Rachel on Kayleen:
"I usually talk to my sister or my mother for a really, really long time on the phone. They’re probably the people I go to in my life most " (x)
"I have a great picture, a panoramic shot of my sister and I standing on the red carpet at the Oscars in 2010. It was in the newspaper and my parents put it up in our bedroom that we share at their house when we’re home for Christmas." (x)
"The second we touch down we [Rachel & Kayleen] don’t go from the airport to the hotel, we go for airport scones and clotted cream… then to the hotel" (x)
"[Kayleen] has a real sense of style. Even though I’m an older sister, I totally defer to her" (x)
"I remember being so excited [on visiting the hospital after Kayleen was born]. It felt just like Christmas … getting a human!" (x)

Kayleen on Rachel:
"When I see something on her, I know how it’ll look on me!" (x)
"It was hard to find makeup colors that worked when Rachel’s hair was pink, so we had to try different versions of candy pink for everything. People like Lady Gaga and Avril Lavigne added pink accents too, but I like to think Rachel was the first." (x)
"Rachel is very collaborative when it comes to her lips, and she knows what looks good on her. She can really pull off any lip color." (x)

Last edited by winterbird; 06-07-2016 at 10:45 AM
Old 09-16-2016, 03:05 AM
Master Fan

Sweet IG post by Kayleen:

Quote:
I'm jealous of everyone's TIFF pictures! Nothing I love more than getting to work in one of the best cities in the [world] oh [Canada] #tbt TIFF15 Sister. Spotlight. How things change in a year...
Old 09-19-2016, 12:16 AM
Master Fan

I miss festival/awards season from last year SO MUCH!!
Old 09-19-2016, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Me too, she was so amazing!
Old 11-28-2016, 09:10 AM
Master Fan

Just realized we haven't posted this here:

Quote:
Look Mom! We made it in the @hollywoodreporter #beautyissue Huge thank you to @carolmccolgin @wearetherhoads @robzangardi @marktownsend1 @tombachik @claytonhawkins @brysmth
Old 11-29-2016, 12:14 PM
Master Fan

I love love LOVE that they did this photoshoot and spread together! They're so cute and it looks like they had such fun with it.

rachel mcadams daily
Old 12-02-2016, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the pics so much!
Old 12-04-2016, 02:42 AM
Master Fan

Adorable human beings

Miss Mysterious — “How Well Do You Know?” with Rachel McAdams and...