Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2018, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

True, I know, but when we first met her she just seemed too much like Chet - like she put too much on Maya. I think the writers changed their situation a little bit in s2 though.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ And I'm glad they did that. I wouldn't have wanted them to have that kind of relationship, because I didn't want Maya to feel alone. She should have had someone on her side, and she did. She had Katy.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

True, they made the right decision with her character/their relationship

I doubt we would have this thread if they were like Shawn & Chet
Old 04-30-2018, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I think so too. Try as he might, Chet didn't know how to handle being a father on a day-to-day basis. Shawn always seemed to feel like something was wrong with him if his dad couldn't stick around long enough to be his father. Katy and Maya could have had that type of relationship too, but TPTB showed us that Katy did everything she could to give Maya the best life she could. Katy stayed and she tried to put Maya above her own struggles. She tried to protect her from life's harsh truths.

Last edited by rocky845; 04-30-2018 at 12:40 AM
Old 05-04-2018, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like that they showed that side of Katy, that she would do anything for her daughter it was just rough for her.
I am an original”
Old 05-09-2018, 12:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Katy did the best she could, and once Maya found out, she appreciated how much Katy sacrificed to make sure she didn't know how hard it had been for her. I loved that!
Old 05-16-2018, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, Maya resented Katy a lot for a while, but she eventually saw what was really going on

& I agree that Chet tried, but despite that, he really did do a lot of damage to Shawn, plus Jack had mentioned that he was an abusive drunk, so...
Old 05-18-2018, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Kids only see the surface details. They didn't have this toy that all of their classmates had, or their parents weren't there for them on this day. When they grow older and they look back with new eyes, things clear up for them, and they realize that things were not the way they seemed. Maya definitely got that wake-up call when she discovered how hard Katy had worked to give her the best life she could have. I love that she thanked her for her sacrifices.

He did, and it breaks my heart when I think about the number of times they were both hurt by their father's actions. I'm just glad they got to a good place with him before he died.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I agree, it's understandable why Maya took a while to see how hard Katy was actually working - I think a lot of people older than Maya struggle to see things from their parent's pov, so she showed a lot of emotional maturity to get there imo. Really glad that it happened, it improved their relationship so much

& I am too, it's hard to really figure out how I feel about Chet, because I don't think the writers were always consistent with how they wanted to portray him, but I'm happy for Shawn & Jack that they found peace with their father
Old 05-26-2018, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know how you feel about Chet, I don't always know how to feel about him. At the end of the day though, Shawn got peace with him and that's what matters.

Katy always tried for Maya, and I am glad Maya finally figured that out.
I am an original”
Old 06-02-2018, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It is, Shawn's happiness was the priority

& me too, it made them so much closer & you could tell that they were trying to deal with the things that came their way as a team
Old 06-03-2018, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was nice to see them start to deal with their issues. It was a good start to healing.
I am an original”
Old 06-10-2018, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, & it had to happen sooner of later. I guess Maya was maturing a lot at the time, so she figured it all out
Old 06-23-2018, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I agree, it's understandable why Maya took a while to see how hard Katy was actually working - I think a lot of people older than Maya struggle to see things from their parent's pov, so she showed a lot of emotional maturity to get there imo. Really glad that it happened, it improved their relationship so much

& I am too, it's hard to really figure out how I feel about Chet, because I don't think the writers were always consistent with how they wanted to portray him, but I'm happy for Shawn & Jack that they found peace with their father
She did show maturity. She has always been wise beyond her years. I had no doubt that she would figure it out sooner rather than later.

It's been a while since I've watched Boy Meets World, so I can't really comment on what I think of how Chet was written. All I remember is how his sons felt when he passed. I loved that they found peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I know how you feel about Chet, I don't always know how to feel about him. At the end of the day though, Shawn got peace with him and that's what matters.

Katy always tried for Maya, and I am glad Maya finally figured that out.
The part in bold -- I'm happy that Shawn got peace with Chet as well. He deserved it.

So am I. Like Shawn said, it was important that Maya knew the truth about the parent who stayed, and that she loved and appreciated her for everything she had done for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
It was nice to see them start to deal with their issues. It was a good start to healing.
Oh, yes. They showed that it's never too late to heal.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, Maya needed to know the truth - I can understand why Katy wanted to protect her, but I think it helped Maya to deal with everything that happened once she knew the whole story